64 coaches online • Server time: 23:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Valen Swift is probably too light (6'5" 185lb). Elfs (and some other races) can be magical and stuff but wow the writers really had no clue about weights.
Griff at just 5'11" and 162lb?! Grograt Crunchskull at 9'8" and 398lb is probably the worst though lol.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Bill Brasky is a 10 foot tall beastman, and goes about 875lbs...
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Valen Swift is probably too light (6'5" 185lb). Elfs (and some other races) can be magical and stuff but wow the writers really had no clue about weights.
Griff at just 5'11" and 162lb?! Grograt Crunchskull at 9'8" and 398lb is probably the worst though lol.

I think that sometimes it's better not to delve too deeply the players' fluff, it's very disappointing when you read such details.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:

Griff at just 5'11" and 162lb?!

Ran it through a kg and cm converter and the value seems rather normal to me.
For Griff I checked in a body mass calculator. It put Griff at normal weight for between 143 to 181lb. So that would mean he's right average.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Usually buff and rowdy sports guys (like those playing am.football) have BMI above "normal weight", consisting of muscle mass.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Squiglet wrote:
Thespian wrote:

Piling On can be nerfed if the reroll was done with the same risk as a foul. If you choose to reroll, then doubles causes you to get ejected. Sneaky Git could be used with it. It may help curb the use a little bit and make it riskier to use.

This idea I like. Perhaps not the sneeky git bit though.

I'd rather that see that Chaos Warrior who has ClawPOMB consider taking sneaky git instead of tackle or some other skill meant to maim.

The idea that Piling On could get you sent off by the ref would also slow the progression of the players SPP to something closer to normal if he occasionally gets sent off for the game.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:

For Griff I checked in a body mass calculator. It put Griff at normal weight for between 143 to 181lb. So that would mean he's right average.

Rugby players are all obese by BMI. That's exactly what I imagine the greatest human BB player of all time would look like, not some skinny hipster.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:

Rugby players are all obese by BMI. That's exactly what I imagine the greatest human BB player of all time would look like, not some skinny hipster.

So, he's a skinny agile leaper with very little body fat...
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

And S4... so how weedy does a normal BB human look?

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
And S4... so how weedy does a normal BB human look?

I don't think you have to be heavy to have a strong punch or be able to take hits...
I mean I get that you find that maybe a bit deviating from the norm but it is hardly deviating enough to call it a clear example of an error.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It totally totally is, sorry. You have to be bigger to be as strong as a Black Orc, look at NFL linemen.
Stuff like the Troll is more obviously dumb but like minimum size for Griff would be Barry Sanders - and he was 5'8" and 200 lbs!

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
It totally totally is, sorry. You have to be bigger to be as strong as a Black Orc, look at NFL linemen.
Stuff like the Troll is more obviously dumb but like minimum size for Griff would be Barry Sanders - and he was 5'8" and 200 lbs!

Yeah, it's kind of obvious the fluff writers never actually paid attention to sports in their life. I wonder if the person who put Griff at those dimensions has those dimensions themselves.
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of rugby players are obese...

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

A typical Human/Norse/vampire/werewolf/Beastman/thrall player (all humanoid in some way) in BB should be at least 190 - 200lbs upwards (Around the 15 stone mark) - and generally around 6ft plus tall. Possibly the nimble catchers could be a little smaller and lighter, but not by too much. The closest physical real life comparisons we have to BB are American Football, Rugby and to a lesser degree, boxing.

Naturally you DO get exceptions to the rule, but we are discussing the majority of players here. And the majority of humanoids should be at least hefty enough to give and take hits realistically. Bulk helps absorb punishment.

Snotlings + skinks - 80lbs?

Goblins + Skaven 100-120lbs?

Amazons, slann and Elves should be around the 150lb - 160lb mark with some deviation either way. (unless Slann are especially tall?)

Dwarves - short but very solid and dense around the 200lb mark as well I guess.

Orcs (wider + bulkier than humans) should really be 250 - 260lbs upwards. BOBs 300lb +.

Chaos warriors, Flesh Golums, Tomb Guardians - essentially deformed Humans - are probably similar weight to the Orcs 250-260lb upwards. Same as the Saurus.

Skeletons, Blitz-ra's, Throw-ra's, Zombies, Ghouls, Wights = decaying humans so lighter = anything from 140-180lbs

Bull Centaurs - should at least be 250lbs as they ARE half a horse.

Ogres, Trolls, Minos, Rat Ogres etc - prob around the 400 - 450lb. Anything much more than that would probably be too heavy to move at all.

Treeman - god knows...600 - 1000lbs? Maybe more? Smile

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the closest comparison we could get would be a Quarter back and a human thrower. However even then Blood Bowl is a little bit more rowdy (Quarter backs wouldn't throw blocks where as a thrower does). And that a thrower has the same av as a lineman (for humans). So I think we'd be looking at at least 190lb for a thrower. A bit more for a lino. Maybe 220lb and 6ft 2ish for a blitzer? I know a lot of running backs are short, but they're more hole punchers. For the rugby positionals of a similar position, they're pretty heavy.

Griff is well underweight.

Valen is much heavier than his elven compatriots. I think DE were pigeon holed as more fighty therefore have a bit more weight. The other elves are all 145lb ish and a similar height. The only reason for a thrower to have the extra 20lb (which doesn't translate into skills or stats) is the obvious. A fan of moot pies, and there's no mistaking it.

I think you're way under on a lot of those Jamerson. A bull centaur (which is half bull not horse btw (hence the BULL part). You think most of a horse or bull would weigh 125lb?

Orcs I think would be fairly heavy. I had a figure of high 200s maybe knocking 300 for an orc blitzer.

Dwarfs and skaven are really hard. I think you're about right though. Some of those big Dwarf Giant players were really weighty. You came to the table with the full set of stars, plus some of their ST5 blockers and you'd be knocking the Oldheim Ogres around like their tennis balls.

Skeletons......well you could pull any figure out your bum. What part of them actually has substance? The fact they're held together with necromancy, does that add to their weight? We have to presume, yes......I guess. Well unless you're Feathertut III!
 Jump to: