45 coaches online • Server time: 10:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Bring Khorne and Brettonian to FUMBBL league division?
Aye!
71%
 71%  [ 90 ]
Nay!
19%
 19%  [ 24 ]
Macavity!!!
9%
 9%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 126

koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
I agree with licker, Fumbbl doesn't need Brets or Khorne. Adding them to L seems dumb given all that Secret League mumbo jumbo that's supposed to go live sometime soon?

How can it be dumb to add two teams when we're going to be adding hundreds?

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Being the first place to play the game with fully (or mostly) customisable league settings will get a lot of people interested in FUMBBL again. I know of at least 5 leagues that are ready and waiting for it to come in so they can have particular set ups. Extra races is just another nice option for greater scope for variety in the leagues. At the moment most leagues are essentially the same apart from minor rule differences or race restrictions.

Personally I'm looking forward to it, but accept that (initially at least) it will probably reduce the numbers in ranked and box.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Sigmar1 wrote:
I agree with licker, Fumbbl doesn't need Brets or Khorne. Adding them to L seems dumb given all that Secret League mumbo jumbo that's supposed to go live sometime soon?

Who says it isn't dumb to add those 100s?

But, aside from that, the two teams in particular we are talking about are dumb. Else please defend them.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
koadah wrote:
Sigmar1 wrote:

But, aside from that, the two teams in particular we are talking about are dumb. Else please defend them.

If you don't wanna play don't play. As I said. Play in or start a league that does not allow them if you don't like it.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
licker wrote:
koadah wrote:
Sigmar1 wrote:

If you don't wanna play don't play. As I said. Play in or start a league that does not allow them if you don't like it.

Gee, thanks for clearing that up. Rolling Eyes
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
though Zons are pretty boring really [...] there's a fluffy enough reason for them to be included.

pun intended?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
licker wrote:
though Zons are pretty boring really [...] there's a fluffy enough reason for them to be included.

pun intended?

Laughing

Wink
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote yes, We need to stay in touch with blood bowl. They are in the game we have to deal with it!

Question these made up teams that are coming i assume there for league only?

back to the OP yes they should be on FUMBBL and should be in every division, If you dont like them you dodnt have to play with them simple.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:
Vote yes, We need to stay in touch with blood bowl. They are in the game we have to deal with it!

back to the OP yes they should be on FUMBBL and should be in every division, If you dont like them you dodnt have to play with them simple.

Yes, they are.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Sigmar1 wrote:

Dumb in the sense that the SL has slightly different (presumably less suck-tastic) versions of those very same teams, yes? If the site added them now, and then ALSO added the SL versions...THAT would be dumb. Two different versions of the same roster.

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:

This
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty new here, but if I am to understand the incoming custom league options, don't
they make this discussion moot?

side note: any fuzzy idea of when custom league rosters will be implemented?
coombz

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
I say no.

I even say no to a lot of the custom league stuff. It's going to creep and bleed and generally make everything a big pile of watered down poo.

when you only have a tiny community and it's split up into Ranked and Blackbox, you've already watered it down considerably

League is where it's at, and League can only benefit from more teams, options and flexibility (just imo)

That's Trailer Park Life.

Last edited by coombz on %b %25, %2015 - %06:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

SirIndigo wrote:
I'm pretty new here, but if I am to understand the incoming custom league options, don't
they make this discussion moot?

They do indeed.

No idea when though, but it's actually being worked on now so....
Phunbaba

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

This game has four kinds of undead and you're okay with that, what's wrong with another chaos team or human team*? I haven't played against brets but Khorne was weird. Like I imagine it wold be to play against Slann. They start with a minimum of 7 frenzy on the pitch. I would be very surprised if you can find anyone who has done that with any team. Yes it's a gimmick but this game is pretty well based on gimmicks: agile vampiric undead, bashy khemri undead, more bashy hybred undead undead, & more agile necromantic undead.

*This is pretty much rethorical as you've said it's diversity for the sake of diversity unless I've misread you.
 Jump to: