36 coaches online • Server time: 10:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 3 deadline:
The Iceclaw Terrors and Blizzard Lizardz have been given until Saturday to complete their round 3 match.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2016 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Another season over for the Ginnungagap Invaders. Slightly better than the first season, but still lots of unrealized potential. I had several fun and very close games. I almost managed to turn the game against dwarves, but as often it's the 2+ that fails. Still without perms (just 4 dead goblins), I look forward to the next season, I'm setting my goals to be among the top 2 of my division.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2016 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

"Well that was fun! It was a good idea that we went to see them."
"Hrmph."
"What now? Your team won, there was death and dismemberment and fancy moves! What was there not to like?"
"Only that it was our guys who died, not the half-men. And look at them kids now: leaping around snow drifts arguing who can be Helchon Iceblood!"
"So what? Maybe Blood Bowl has changed from your days, dear. Maybe it isn't all about frenzied berserkers and endless fist fights between the players and the spectators. Maybe it's fast elves and slippery half-men or oiled goblins nowadays."
"(Grumble mumble)"
"Oh, and by the way. Next time the Storm's playing, it is your turn to stay home and watch the children. I'm going to the match, and since it's against those vampires it's going to be a late-nighter so the kids won't be coming."
"What! No no no no! No way, woman!"
"Quiet now, darling. I've spoked with Hulda. The whole shieldwives' association is attending the game. Arrangements have been made, and that's it."
"But, but... I can't... I mean, as the head of the household I..."
"Shush now. Like I said, that's it. Do not try to fight your fate on this one. And it's not like you're the only man staying at home."
"Awww..."
knightsweats

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2016 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The Order of the Snow King 2-0 Graelings Philosophers

The final match of the season in the Frozen Sea Conference for The Order was a rematch of the first match of the inaugural season - a brutal tussle with Graeling's Philosophers during which the mighty ogres scored five cas, including a fatality. As Jarl Shraaaag pointed out in his recent history of the league this was merely the first in a string of six on-pitch murders that gave the Philosophers an unrivalled reputation. Also unrivalled, according to Jarl Shraaag, was the gentleness of The Order's Týr Gunnarr, whose pillowed hooves permitted him 64 blocks without causing harm.

The stage was set then for a clash between brawn and, well, something other than brawn. Would the ogres cut another swathe through the diminutive Order? Could the dwarves avenge their dead brother? Would anyone get killed by a spiked ball? Everything hung in the balance as the Philosophers kicked off.

Not content with hoofing it down the field the ogres decided to run after it too, before The Order even had a chance to move. The Philosophers made clever use of the Blitz! to throw a happy snot to within two squares of the ball lying in the endzone putting the short-legged dwarves under serious pressure. The Order were lucky to recover and quickly killed the snot for his brazenness. Then, while several of the ogres spent a couple of turns discussing the philosophy of the sport, The Order quietly moved the ball upfield and eventually scored.

The Philosophers decided to forgo trying the one turn flying snot equaliser before halftime in favour of pursuing an inquiry into the inner workings of hobgob Yngvi Njörðr, with fatal results.

In the second half the ball was quickly in the gigantic hands of the Philosophers' leading scorer, a blocking, tackle-breaking machine. He was looking upstoppable until he stayed behind for a moment to ponder dialectic materialism while the rest of his team went on without him. After he was sacked a snot stepped on the ball which, in a freak accident, shot out sideways and stabbed the big fellow senseless, allowing The Order to recover the pigskin for a second goal.

A much tighter game than the score suggests with Jarl Edgard hampered greatly by the volatile behaviour of his big guys.

No skills for the winning team as Týr Gunnarr added another 7 blocks to his victimless tally and with one of two skilled hobgobs gone to meet the Snow King The Order looks bruised and undermanned as it turns its attention towards the post-season for the very first time.
Kharon

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Time for a season review on the Vinnskor Storm's performance.

Game one: Storm vs. Helspire Juggernauts
A really close match with some quality elfballing on both sides. A 3-3 was a fair result. What makes this a notable chapter in Storm's history, is that we got our first kill! And with a regular block!

Game two: Storm vs. Mermaids
The orcs showed us why they were the season 1 champs. Made a nice sack in the first half, but capitalizing it (even with the help of the wiz) failed. Diminishing numbers (both by the orcs and the spiky ball) made sure that the greenskins were unstoppable. 0-2 was to be expected.

Game three: Storm vs. Sacrifices to Khorne
The Blitz! kick-off pressured us to attempt a desperation play way too early, and as it failed the first half was Khorne's. In the second half we managed to put good pressure on the opposing carriers, but once again our diminishing numbers made it impossible to capitalize the small victories. For once, the spiked ball caused equal havoc amongst our opponents as it did to us. 0-2, but I think the result could've been at least a little bit better if I had played some turns better (or with better dice).

Game four: Storm vs. United Norsclings
Started the game with high expectations and a strategy to score lots and often. Things went really my way, and with the help of above-decent dice (and occasionally bad dice for the 'flings) managed to win 4-1. Casualties were suffered on both sides, again with the help of the ball.

Game five: Storm vs. Vygr
Season's final game against the vamps went really well. Probably the only part of my plan that failed was the attempt to skill up the newly aquired catcher (the poor sod got injured in the 2nd half). Vamps were plagued with pretty bad dice and keen-eyed ref, while we were passing long bombs and -2d blocking pow/pows. The 3-1 result had even a legitimate kill as a cherry on top.

Compared with the first season, I did both better and worse (Season 1 vs Season 2):
Games 2/2/1 (14pts) vs 2/1/2 (12 pts)
TDs +3 vs +1
Cas -13 vs -7.
First season standing was 3rd in the div, this season it's going to be 3rd or 4th depending on the final round results.

As for the team: it is starting to develop nicely and evenly, though some doubles or stat-ups would be muchly appreciated... Even normal skills are helping to keep the players up and alive, so if I can keep a lid on the cas count I might be able to get a bench some day (though that's pretty un-elfy).

I thank all my opponents for the fun and challenging matches and Balle2000 for the excellent managering and superbly fluffed league.

I hope to see you all in the season 3, as the Storm are definately going to continue in the NSL!
android18

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2016 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ive killed a zombie and I would like to put his icon on the dead area on my profile and im not computer savy can someone go step by step on how to do this
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2016 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Paste this to where you want it in your team bio:

[url=/p/player?player_id=10810688][img title=Skorageirr Ormrson]/FUMBBL/Images/PlayerIcons/zombie1b.gif[/img][/url]

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2016 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

you can find all the player icons here -

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL/Images/PlayerIcons/
android18

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2016 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

is there any one can help out with a logo I would like a frozen claw
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight at 21.00 server time, Vestligkyst Valkyries (TV1320 Amazon) will face off against Durfang Draugr (TV1620 Undead) for the NSL Sea of Claws II Championship.

The Amazon need not to lose to claim the title, whereas the Undead must win to make a claim, based on their superior tie-breaker. (Seriously, 16-2 in casualties in four games? Surprised )

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't the first tie-breaker head-to-head result anyway?

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it is. But that still leaves the game situation in exactly the same place.

DLE College 7s
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Permutations for Sea of Claws:
1 - If the Amazons draw or win, they take the championship.
2 - If the Undead win, and the Elves does not win, the Undead will retain their title.
3 - If the Undead AND the Elves win, we will have a 3-way tie-break. Because of superior h2h-records it will then come down to TD diff between the Undead and the Elves (and potentially most TD scored).
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow we are tied on TD exactly Balle lol. This is getting crazy tight, hope it stays that way so my CAS diff can come into play. But I expect you to be cheering me on to give yourself a chance at the division win. Wink

Truthfully I don't expect to take the title, I just don't see how I am going to get around the massed dodge to win big and I expect you to beat the Lizards.

Zons favorites then you then me.

DLE College 7s
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Still I'm glad I am in the hunt a least, I thought last season was a bit of a fluke but it seems I am learning undead pretty well. See what happens as the TVs ramp up and I can't buy more positionals because my zombies keep bloody killing players and turning them to my side! Though 10 zombies brings with them a lot of boots.

DLE College 7s
 Jump to: