34 coaches online • Server time: 15:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Goldur Goldmundsson was very pleased with himself. His plan of hiring professional elves to play in the NSL had worked. The last two seasons had brought 2 conference championships, 1 NSL Championship, and the Casualty Cup was now placed on his bedroom mantlepiece. He looked at it every evening with a grin behind his beard.

It was now time he met this team. The team that had brought fame to Sjoktraken and his business. So he had had Silvur the Treasurer set up a meet and greet with the team.

This was the first time he met any of them.

Goldur and Silvur entered the hall where the team had been gathered.

Before him stood 7 elves clad in their match gear for the occasion. One of them had a cast on his arm.

- Here they are chief, the Sjoktraken Oilers!, Silvur announced.

There was a slight look of confusion on Goldur's face.

- Meet team captain and blitzer, Tourmalin Spiralthorn.

The elf took of his heavy plate gauntlet and shook the team owner's hand.

- It's an honor to meet you Sire, the elf said with almost mechanical aloofness.

- The pleasure is mine, Goldur replied as he shook the elf's hand after an almost unnoticeable, but still slightly embarrassing hesitation.

Goldur turned to Silvur and asked.
- Where are the rest of them?
- This is it. The team. The 7 elves of Sjoktraken.
- But I thought you needed 11 players to play in this Blood Bowl sport?

Spiralthorn fidgeted in his heavy plate.

- Well............. yes chief.
- So where are they Silvur?
- I enlist journeymen chief.
- Eh?
- Journeymen. There are these elves that just show up for the games. They play almost for free. I think they are friends of the players.
- What? Why haven't you hired a full team of players?
- I save a lot money this way. We now have 300,000 gold!, Silvur looked very pleased with himself. The money saved on lodging and meeting elven dietary needs alone is a big sum.
- Save money?! I thought I told you I wanted to use my money!
- But chief... I just thought... I mean.... and they are Elves... and....
- SILVUR!! By the old gods in the mountain, invest in the team! From now on I want 11 players in the team at all times. Minimum.
- 11? That will be very diff...
- ELEVEN! DO IT!

Goldur walked out in a huff, and thus concluded his very first meeting with his team.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2016 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

nice Smile

i've also realized that we got a "death group" this season, 5 ex-division champions in the Kraken Sea!
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2016 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

wallenstein wrote:
nice Smile

i've also realized that we got a "death group" this season, 5 ex-division champions in the Kraken Sea!

Yep, the Division of Death is living up to it's name.

Draugr played their first game against the Mermaids earlier this evening. 14 Orcs stared the match only 4 finished it with 10 laid out cold or too battered to stand. Draugr took to offence first and in a first turn that would set the pattern for the rest of the match two of the Mermaids left the pitch. With attrition mounting just over halfway through the first half the Orcs decided to have a sleep on the pitch something that they also did in the second half. The Draugr players gleefully put in the boot so by the end of the match and 5 gangfouls later two Orcs were badly Hurt, one was dead and one was KOed from the hail of boots flying in from all angles. Mermaids also gained another niggle to the Blitzer Grimfist. Durbuz Headsmasha who was killed got raised and although he had a run out second half to stick in the boot with 16 already on the roster he could not join the team full time. But we wish him well in his future endeavours.

The end result was a convincing 2-0 victory for the Draugr in their first time playing outside the Sea of Claws. Stefnir Krumrson Walked in a T8 TD each half with the TDs putting him 3rd on the all time list at the time of writing.

With 25 casualties in 4 games so far this could be a very brutal season in the Kraken Sea.

DLE College 7s
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2016 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in a death group? There are 5 ex-division winners in it?
Sometimes I don't see the trees for the forest. With your help, we can make the division into 6 division winners, just pretend to accidently misclick when you play against me.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2016 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, your team is also a staple of the league, more famous than some division champions Razz

get your people together and make sure to bring the curse on all of them!
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2016 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It is time to do some predictions again. Don't look at my predictions as a curse, just think of it as soaring expectations that noone can live up to Smile

Sea of Claws:
I've overlooked Balle2000's Sjotraken Oilers the last couple of season, but with last season win, I can't overlook them anymore. The group hasn't much going for it, just mid-level teams. The elf has currently no permanent injuries, just a bunch of dead players and MNG players. I think they'll win their division for the third season in a row.

Sea of Chaos:
This is an interesting group. Two new coaches, a wood elf team still with a +str wardancer, a nurgle team which has proved to play well in earlier seasons, a high elf team with several some good stat boost and finally a human team with no perms or deaths, and winner of the season 2 and 3 Tree of knowledge. Eventhough he has last the first game, I still think The_Demon's Sacrifices of Khorne will win this group. He has gathered spp for a few seasons, and will finaly reap his rewards.

Kraken Sea:
Also dubbed group of death, consists of 5 former division winners and my team. It's definitely be a hard group, but there are a couple of teams that will float to the top. Having already beaten one of my former favorite teams, I think Matthueycamo's Durfang Draugr will rise to the top.

Frozen Sea:
Another hard group to predict. Pre-season I would've gone for Nextflux' Clan Microdorf, but remember how much problems they had last season, I don't think they've got rid of all their bad luck yet. Since most of the group leans towards agile persuation, I believe ttorvatn's Naglfari vikings will win in the end, having already beatn the scary dwarves.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2016 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The Order of the Snow King 1-2 Durfang Draugr

The third game of the fourth season in the Kraken Sea Conference for The Order was against the unbeaten undead Durfang Draugr. They had opened their season by smashing up perennial favourites the Morkfjord Mermaids and looked to be well on their way to retaining "The Axe", awarded to the team with the most casualties.

The whole roster was packed with talent and boasted almost as many +stats (4) as The Order had -stats (5). However the star of the show was undoubtedly Stefnir Krumrson - a +MA, +ST ghoul with four touchdowns in his last two games.

The Order's hopes were pinned on the fact that Jarl Shraaaag had recently updated his list of [s]Curses[/s] Predictions and had picked Durfang Draugr to win the Kraken Sea Conference, which marked them for almost certain failure.

The undead won the toss and opted to receive. After securing the ball they immediately began cas'ing the chaos dwarves and ko'ing the niggled hobgobs. Down three men it was an impossible task for The Order to stop the score. Setting up to attempt a two-turn score the ball was dropped and the half ended tamely.

After only one armour break in the first half the team was given a stern talking to at the break. It obviously made a difference because within four turns they'd already doubled the first half tally. Sadly the Undead had had even more and the game was all but over. The dwarves fluked a score on turn 6, but leaving a coach as good as Jarl Matthueycamo three turns was too much and when the kick bounced out of bounds the Curse had finally lifted.

Out-coached and out-hit and with the fearsome Mermaids waiting around the corner it looks like the season is over.
Timetis

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2016 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle's elfs win the group? Mid-level teams only? Hmmmm - Challenge accepted! ; )
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to get the feeling for the season so far, here are some stats:

Boh-Boh Flokiiþræll of Nidhoggstad Firedrakes has done 6 completions in 2 games, and a lifetime total of 9 completions, just a few completions behind Frig, Worshipper to Frigga of Sacrifices of Khorne with a lifetime total of 13 completions Boh-Boh also have another amazing feat with a total amount of passing yard after 9 completions being -2 yards. This is not totally unheard of, as there are several players with lower passing yards than completions. Hey it's a 'free' spp.

Thorleif Gunlaug is still alive, I even tried to foul him once. He is still far ahead on total lifetime spp, but so far this season Tehetza of Tlanxla of Winter Sammakko is ahead with 17spp after 3 games.

Durfang Draugr has done an amazing 13 cas vs. 2 against so far this season. No other team is even close.

The player with the most games and no SPP is Trahkobs den Fanatiske of Trollheim Trixters. It might not be surprising that the second player on that list is another secret weapon of Trollheim Trixters, Torx den Galne. The player with the most blocks and no spp is not a goblin however, it's still Jari Danglemildew Toivonen.

The fouliest player so far this season has been Munditi of Itza of Winter Sammakko with 11 fouls in 3 games, which also make him the fouliest player ever in NSL. He shares this honor with Torx den Galne, which might explain why Torx den Galne has no spp after 18 games.

Since there's a different of games played (1-3 games), these statistics is quite meaningless, but for many they are enjoyable. I will come back with more stats once the season is midway/nearing the end.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:

The fouliest player so far this season has been Munditi of Itza of Winter Sammakko with 11 fouls in 3 games, which also make him the fouliest player ever in NSL. He shares this honor with Torx den Galne, which might explain why Torx den Galne has no spp after 18 games.

Coach awambawamb looks to the bloodbags in the cages on the deck of his drakkar, then looks towards the two Tainted Mask banners, flapping in the wind.
We need to fix that.

Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
Shraaaag wrote:

Coach awambawamb looks to the bloodbags in the cages on the deck of his drakkar, then looks towards the two Tainted Mask banners, flapping in the wind.
We need to fix that.

I should've added that teamwise, Vygr is far ahead of the rest with 24 fouls so far this season, vs Krovas Boneyard and Winter Sammakko on shared second place with 17 fouls.
To win one of the famous banner (The Tainted Mask), it's the teamcount that counts, so you will probably win it again this season, unless you change tactics Smile
Ofcourse having the fouliest player brings its own reward and awe

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's another fun statistics. Which (currently active) teams have lost the most players. This statistic includes dead journeymen:
Graelings Philosophers: 15
Sjoktraken Oilers: 14
Kärsämäki Critters: 10
Trollheim Tristers: 9
Vygr: 8
Winter Sammakko: 7
Sunborn of Sarl: 6
Vinnskor Storm: 5
Nidhoggstad Firedrakes: 5
Ginnungagap Invaders: 5
Mount Barak Marauders: 4
Order of the Snow King: 3
Naglfart Vikings: 3
Morkfjord Maniac Mermaids: 3
Rost Rats: 2
Durfang Draugr: 2
leitborg Fighting Cooks: 1
Couronne Crazies: 0
Vestligkyst Valkyries: 0
Krovas Boneyard: 0
Sacrifices of Khorne: 0
Blade Bay Renegades: 0
Skeggi Yellow Eyes: 0
Clan Microdorf: 0

As most of you already know, the number of dead players doesn't affect the result as much as how many permanent injuries teams are carrying. I might show that next time.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Match report:

I was looking forward to this game. Not because I thought it was easy, or that I would win, but because I see the Morkfjord Maniac Mermaids as one of the better teams. I still do, even after this appalling game.

The underworld received in the first drive, but unluckily the orcs were prepared and managed a perfect defense. After the first turn it looked kinda messy, but having the superior speed, I managed to switch sides, and get through a score.
The orcs had ample time to score in their drive, however the spiked ball curse hit his thrower, and made it much harder. Since I lacked the strength of honorable fight, I went for a fouling strategy, and the first foul of the game resulted in a death (the apothecary saved him, at the cost of one av). After abit of a skirmish and fighting over the ball, the orcs managed to recooperate and was getting away from my players. Luckily I had found a wizard on the black market, and he was worth all the gold and toad bladders (compliments of Winter Sammakko) I could offer. The ballcarrying orc went down and out. I could not fully take advantage of the situation as a huge black orc ran in and rescued the ball. WIth some magic dodges I managed to tip him over, but I failed at getting the ball to the one skaven within scoring distance.

In the second half, the orcs were down a few guys, and I was kicking. Again the orcs failed to pick up the ball. Having lost too many orcs earlier in the game, he did not manage to recooperate, and I scored my second TD.
The orcs finally managed to pick up the ball, and he boxed up, then broke out of the box. Again Nuffle decided to punish the orc, as the ballcarrying orc failed a gfi, and I could almost surround him with a couple of skavens. This was not enough, as the orc just dodged out and scored.
By this time the air has left the orcs, and I did a popular run along the top half.
Just as I was about the celebrate another flawless game, two of my skaven died, one of which was Naftr son of Prank, the one with +2ag and horns. Please learn from my mistake. When your apothecary has not be used, and there's one turn left, don't use it on a crap player just because you have nothing else to do. Your star player might still die.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:

The player with the most games and no SPP is Trahkobs den Fanatiske of Trollheim Trixters. It might not be surprising that the second player on that list is another secret weapon of Trollheim Trixters, Torx den Galne. The player with the most blocks and no spp is not a goblin however, it's still Jari Danglemildew Toivonen.

I must say that the Goblin played more games in this season than us, Danglemildew will work hard not to achieve anything in the couple of upcoming games, he's very committed to his records.

And congrats on the win against the mighty orcs!
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

wallenstein wrote:
Shraaaag wrote:

I must say that the Goblin played more games in this season than us, Danglemildew will work hard not to achieve anything in the couple of upcoming games, he's very committed to his records.

And congrats on the win against the mighty orcs!

Mighty orcs, haha. More like a bunch of failure.