38 coaches online • Server time: 19:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2016 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dogofwar, it does work.
Both skills combine well Wink

Welcome in our little pixels' world.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2016 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

dogofwar wrote:
hey guys,

I've been lurking around the site reading the help section and the forums and making teams. Excited to play someone. Played tabletop version in the early 2000s, and BB / BB2 on steam. Actually found this site because I google'd "does multiple block work with stab?" and there was a link here at the bottom.

Welcome to FUMBBL dude Very Happy

Nice to see you've been nosing around the help files, there's a link in the opening post of this thread to a newcomer guide with a bunch of useful info to get started. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to PM me or any of the others mentioned in the link.

You may also find joining the 145 Club useful whilst you settle in and get used to the place. It's specifically designed to give newcomers a place to play whilst they get up to speed before the rather more brutal divisions like Ranked and Blackbox.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Macjames

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2016 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, newly signed up and relatively new to the game of Blood Bowl.

Like a few people I'm looking to get involved in the new box set and found this place from the NAF. I've played a little bit of Cyanide and would like to gain some transferable skills.

I've wondered through the help sections and the rule book so should be up to speed and getting my head kicked in soon.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2016 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Macjames wrote:
Hi guys, newly signed up and relatively new to the game of Blood Bowl.

Like a few people I'm looking to get involved in the new box set and found this place from the NAF. I've played a little bit of Cyanide and would like to gain some transferable skills.

I've wondered through the help sections and the rule book so should be up to speed and getting my head kicked in soon.

Welcome to FUMBBL dude. Try out the 145 Club if you want a gentler introduction whilst you get used to the interface and level of players here.

I've played a little of the Cyanide version, and generally the top end players here are stronger than there, but plenty of average players here too (me included).

If you have any questions feel free to PM me Very Happy

Throweck

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2016 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Macjames

Rents is right. (even about the average player bit ;p)

Just click on the glorious banner below! Also, pm me if you need anything else.

T

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2016 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone,

Been playing GW games for about 10 years now and I used to play BB some years back. I got out of gaming for a little bit because I moved to Japan 2 years ago and had to set everything up. Sadly I lost my costum Dark Elves team during the move but with the new box I am jumping right back into it.

I am looking forward hanging around this forum in the nice community. I will be posting some questions from time to time I think because I did not play BB for some time now.
I will be downloading fumbbl to get back into it.

Thanks.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2016 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Vis5 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Been playing GW games for about 10 years now and I used to play BB some years back. I got out of gaming for a little bit because I moved to Japan 2 years ago and had to set everything up. Sadly I lost my costum Dark Elves team during the move but with the new box I am jumping right back into it.

I am looking forward hanging around this forum in the nice community. I will be posting some questions from time to time I think because I did not play BB for some time now.
I will be downloading fumbbl to get back into it.

Thanks.

Please do ask questions, we're more than happy to respond. As with the posts above, do try the 145 Club out, as a more gentle intro to FUMBBL. Also it may be worth following the link to the Welcome to FUMBBL guide in the opening post on this thread.

Colonel_Kane

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2016 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all
I am a returning player. I just played with both my youngest two tonight and they had a blast. The youngest is ready to play in a league, lol. Any ways I am sure I will have questions.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2016 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Colonel_Kane wrote:
Hello all
I am a returning player. I just played with both my youngest two tonight and they had a blast. The youngest is ready to play in a league, lol. Any ways I am sure I will have questions.

Welcome to FUMBBL Colonel Kane Very Happy

Please do ask questions, and I heartily recommend the 145 Club for you and your two youngest. It's a gentler place to get used to how it all works and is full of experienced coaches of various levels who can answer questions or even help with dressing up your teams with logos and bbcoded team bios.

Schlachtross

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2016 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Coaches and Coacherines!

I am a quite unexperience Player from Bielefeld, Germany. I played the new Vidya for a few weeks, when i came out and loved the idea of playing the tabletop game, but never managed to buy one. Now that Games Workshop has it released my interest awoke anew and so I read a lot around here during the last weeks. Thanks already for everyone here, making this a great place.

I also do have to questions already:

1. Fluff: Black Libary also released the four novels and I do know about a Graphic Novel. Is any more Fluff (besides the Rulebooks) and is there maybe a list of known and recomended publications?

2. I loved M.U.D.S. back then and the colourfull mixture of different players you could have within your team. And now am kinda sad, that the teams of Blood Bowl are so much organised along the races. Is the a variant of Blood Bowl that allows mixing players from all playable races?

Thanks again everyone in advance!
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2016 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Schlachtross wrote:

1. Fluff: Black Libary also released the four novels and I do know about a Graphic Novel. Is any more Fluff (besides the Rulebooks) and is there maybe a list of known and recomended publications?

2. I loved M.U.D.S. back then and the colourfull mixture of different players you could have within your team. And now am kinda sad, that the teams of Blood Bowl are so much organised along the races. Is the a variant of Blood Bowl that allows mixing players from all playable races?

1) I have no idea regarding bloodbowl fluff, except for rulebook and older compendium stuff I didn't even know there were bloodbowl novels.

2) take a look at the secret league teams - the tilean team can have multiple races. https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague

Good luck and enjoy Bloodbowl.
Schlachtross

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2016 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

c9805222 wrote:

1) I have no idea regarding bloodbowl fluff, except for rulebook and older compendium stuff I didn't even know there were bloodbowl novels.

2) take a look at the secret league teams - the tilean team can have multiple races. https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague

Good luck and enjoy Bloodbowl.

Wo-hooow! Squid-Teams! I get mad! Very Happy
Thank you sooo much!

The newly printed Novels are those:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/blood-bowl-box-set.html

They are also available as a much more cost effective Ebook-Edition:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/the-blood-bowl-ebook-collection.html

Thanks again!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2016 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Schlachtross wrote:

Welcome!
If you like to have a team made by a mix of the playable races then you should check CRP Ultra:

http://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10329&op=view

basically it's a custom division where you can play teams made by players chosen from any of the CRP rosters.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Schlachtross wrote:

I am a quite unexperience Player from Bielefeld, Germany. I played the new Vidya for a few weeks, when i came out and loved the idea of playing the tabletop game, but never managed to buy one. Now that Games Workshop has it released my interest awoke anew and so I read a lot around here during the last weeks. Thanks already for everyone here, making this a great place.

Thanks again everyone in advance!

As has been mentioned, CRP Ultra is set up using custom league rules and allows mixing of any of the teams.

This is definitely a community that loves fluff, and there's loads of ways to embrace it here:

Blogs, team and player bio's, themed teams, player pictures, pitch logos, BBCode for team and player bio's and coach pages...

Lot's of great themed leagues about with their own custom rule sets and rosters too, and Stunty League/Secret League both give you a lot more variety to play with.

Have fun dude, and please do ask questions if you have any Very Happy

PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, my name is PainState and Iam a FUMBBl addict.

PainState looks around the room, sees everyone drinking beer and eating pretzels and they are giving him very strange looks as they are talking to each other.

Iam in the wrong thread, right?