45 coaches online • Server time: 00:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Flashmax

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I just purchased Blood Bowl 2 yesterday and started my first team, which of course had to be Bretonnia, since I love castles, knights, feudal genre. Bretonnia may not be the best team, but its the team that I had to play first.

Anyway, love the game and I am hooked, played my first online game last night and surprise did not lose (1:1) draw.

I do need a little help with the Bretonnia team, I understand that the Blitzer's are your star players.

Can anyone provide any tips how to play Bretonnia to the best of their abilities. Lineman, Blockers and Blitzer's. Especially blockers, are they just fodder for defense, blocking and help out lineman?

Thanks in advance.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 16:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, you won't get much helpful information on a site that is very not related to cyanide. Also, why start an account just to tell us about your game? I thought Cyanide employees did not do that, lol.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

"I do need a little help with the Bretonnia team, I understand that the Blitzer's are your star players."

Your guess is as good as anybody's. This really isn't the best forum for this sort of thing. You should google for the cyanide one (official blood bowl forum maybe).

Here we play with a different client that only uses the 24 teams of CRP and LRB 5+.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
"I do need a little help with the Bretonnia team, I understand that the Blitzer's are your star players."

Your guess is as good as anybody's. This really isn't the best forum for this sort of thing. You should google for the cyanide one (official blood bowl forum maybe).

Here we play with a different client that only uses the 24 teams of CRP and LRB 5+.

And stunty Leeg, and Simyin, and birthday stars, and optional houserules. But no Khorne or Brettonians.

To be fair, I can imagine that the OP was just googling "online blood bowl advice" and (rightly) wound up here. Chances are he did not even realize that did not include fringe rulesets from some other game. =D

Also Lorebass, tsk tsk, we should WELCOME new joiners.

So Flashmax, welcome to FUMBBL. This site is a free standalone way to play blood bowl using the official rules. The client is a lot less graphical, but it works really well. If, playing BB2, you ever get tired of having access to only a few races, very few stars, many bugs, bad concession rules, a bad disconnect system, a low level of play, etc. etc. etc., just make a team or two on FUMBBL and come play here!

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %23, %2015 - %16:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi welcome to the site I'd recommend you play here instead of cyanide. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, FUMBBL does have stunty leeg and Simiyans in League. So it's not 'all' official CRP Wink

(editeded) Doh, 2 responses posted in the time it took to type this one.

Well, welcome to FUMBBL anyway.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep them as low TV as you can cos GP access is pretty poor for the Blitzers. Quite essetial to get 4 Guard on your Blockers asap.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, fair enough, but obviously I was talking about the main divisions; a comparison to Cyanide. I'm the first to promote Stunty, I believe Stunty is CRP at it's best!

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Keep them as low TV as you can cos GP access is pretty poor for the Blitzers. Quite essetial to get 4 Guard on your Blockers asap.

So in short, a failure on the design goal then.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Yeah, fair enough, but obviously I was talking about the main divisions

And you really thought the literal-minded thoughtless mob that is FUMBBL would let you get away with a technically inaccurate statement, just because you really meant something else? Hell, Cavetroll even got ninja'd making the same point. =P

Also, are Slann, Pact and Underworld technically part of that definition?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't take any Blitzers, or maybe just one as a dedicated carrier. No S skill access on a non-line player = waste. There's no synergy with their skill set. 4 Blockers = 280k, throw in 8 Linos = 320k gold, so that's 600k, leaving you enough money to buy an Apothecary, your one Blitzer, and 3 re-rolls. This leaves you with 20k cash.

How to develop Bretonnians:

Linos: Block first, then toolbox skills like Tackle and Kick. You might give one guy Dirty Player instead of Block. Doubles is Guard. Ignore 10 and 11 (take skills), take +ST on 12. I'd tend to cycle out (fire & replace) linemen who got to 3 skills without a double.

Blockers: You can give one Guard, but the other 3 should aim for Mighty Blow, Tackle, and Piling On. Ignore doubles or take Jump Up. Ignore 10s, you need the Strength skills, but take +AG and +ST if you can, 'cause you need them.

Blitzer: Take Sure Hands first. Fire on second normal, rebuild, until he gets a double or a stat. With all due respect to the fine fellow who designed this roster, that's the worst player position I've ever seen, and he needs specials to justify his TV.

How to win with Bretonnians:

1) Play Humans.
2) Give them a 100 Year's War motif.
3) Call the Blitzers "knights" and the Catchers and Throwers "squires".

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %23, %2015 - %17:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:

I've never used or faced them so this is all theoretical but Jimmy's advice seems about as good as possible. GP access really hurts the Knights since with a3 and no starting passing skills thy aren't going to be passers. Linemen should take normal lineman skills like, well, Block and that's about it. The Yeomen (Blockers) are your only S access, but with Wrestle it really dampens to usually strong effect of those skills. I'd probably build 3 with Guard and Stand Firm, using Wrestle to eliminate opposing Guarders. I'd probably give one Strip Ball to be your safety. Knights (Blitzers) are really starving for doubles. You'd like one with Sure Hands (ideally with Dodge) so I'd wait for one to get a first skill double and turn him into your primary ball carrier. The rest should probably go Tackle and hope for a double for Mighty Blow. One Leader is obvious.

The team should excel at low/mid TV with decent speed and 8 rookies with core skills. Once you lose your Block/Wrestle advantage and face more Blodge and Mighty Blow you'll start to suffer. Defense looks like standard, stack up, pick off loners, attack a weak cage, hope you can get the ball into the open for a wrestler. Offense I'd imagine would look a little Dark Elfish with a looser cage and frequent handoffs with 4 Block/Catch guys to move the ball around.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Flashmax. I'm interested to know what the Brettonian team is made up of in regards to positionals, their skills, cost & reroll cost. Could you give us those answers here please?

Also, do make a team here & play so you'll have a good comparison on the two systems.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Yeah, fair enough, but obviously I was talking about the main divisions

And you really thought the literal-minded thoughtless mob that is FUMBBL would let you get away with a technically inaccurate statement, just because you really meant something else? Hell, Cavetroll even got ninja'd making the same point. =P

Also, are Slann, Pact and Underworld technically part of that definition?

They are the LRB 5+ part of my comment.

I don't know...you know............here is better, it obviously is for the mature gamer (who can handle landscape pitches). However that game has something to offer and if he's having fun, yeah let him get on with it. If he sticks with the game, then maybe one day he'll come here, as he already knows the site exists.

I think being computer game rather than an adaption of a TT game (if you get what I mean by that) there are a lot of Cyanide players that simply wouldn't be mature enough for here. The ones that are and see the big picture may come to dabble in both. Nothing wrong with that if you respect both sites.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
Welcome Flashmax. I'm interested to know what the Brettonian team is made up of in regards to positionals, their skills, cost & reroll cost. Could you give us those answers here please?

Also, do make a team here & play so you'll have a good comparison on the two systems.

AKAIK they used plasmoid's team exactly.
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If fumbbl could have brets and khorne i wouöd be so happy.
Many cyanide coaches would tjen choose fumbbl instead.
 Jump to: