34 coaches online • Server time: 09:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Normal Skill on a Blodge Hobgoblin?
Sure Hands
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
Strip Ball
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fend
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Kick
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I was told there would be punch and pie
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Angmarred

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So this Hobgoblin on my Box Chaos Dwarfs just hit skill 3. He already has Block and Dodgde (and a fun niggle) and rolled another normal skill. I'm not sure what to take. I already have a SH Bull who usually handles the ball. Still having another ball carrier could be usefull. I was also thinking Strip Ball as I don't have it currently and no one else seems like a good candidate (maybe the Tackle Bull?). Another option is Fend, since I'm in the "CPOMB all menz!" TV range in the Box and he already has an injury. Final option is Kick as it's a useful skill and I don't want to waste a skill on a Chaos Dwarf and since he is a decent player, I don't mind keeping him off the LOS so he's a hobgoblin who can actually use it. Any other good options?
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you keep him, Sure Hands, no question. But he has a niggle so I would probably retire.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's an obvious choice on skill, really not worth a thread. Keep/sack though, I'd keep him. I think sacking niggles is overrated and the amount of times he'll roll an injury is going to be minimal.

"and since he is a decent player, I don't mind keeping him off the LOS" Did I understand you correctly? Why would he even be a consideration for LoS?

Drives you want to be competitive, LoS is CDs. Drives you don't mind losing skilless hobgobs, which are pretty rare in these 12 man roster days.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So you'd put 3 Chaos Dwarfs on the line to get 2d CPOMBed after the kick? I can't say I agree with that.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

*Play nice HM*
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it depends on your opponent who you put on LoS.

I like to put CDs on LoS at low to mid TV and then at high TV 3 hobogoblins against POMB or CPOMb, though sometimes stick with Cds against elves.