30 coaches online • Server time: 13:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
That's all good, but take your meds MrT Very Happy

Hehe, It's the freaking weekend gonna have me a ball. But I do wonder how differently I'd play if I was back on my ADD medication.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

Problem is, if you have a team with expensive players, then even below 1500tv it's a problem, as the 'age' criteria will often match you against much higher teams, even if you only have a few SPPs on the roster.

For this reason I activate more than one team, it's simple and it works for me.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Come on Matt. I know you have some sfere di acciaio down there. Stop tentennare and bring your forza to high TV box. Rolling Eyes

mrt1212 wrote:
I play box and team build in box because it has the component of varying opponents and narrative like a league, while not having the same scheduling and time requirements of a league. That's it and that's all.

This is it.

(I've recently also discovered that as leagues have limited to no TV-matching, sometimes Box is a better "league simulator" than some actual leagues)
Gurbo

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
BillBrasky wrote:

Hehe, It's the freaking weekend gonna have me a ball. But I do wonder how differently I'd play if I was back on my ADD medication.

Quite better, or at least faster without adding mistakes, I'd guess, if we consider those meds are banned substances on e-sports.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Gurbo wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
BillBrasky wrote:

Quite better, or at least faster without adding mistakes, I'd guess, if we consider those meds are banned substances on e-sports.

What about whiskey? Is that banned too?

Four human teams currently in the top 10!!

When is the human XFL?

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If whiskey was banned, you'd lose half of the box games!
huff

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

We could make all the tweaks and adjustments we want to get around the reason we don't see more diversity organically. Some of the teams just need to be more viable one way or another. Let's not talk about that 'one way or another' here, but in an environment of min-maxing and cpomb spamming (hyper-competitive), coaches just don't want to handicap themselves pregame based on the race they are playing.

Note: Some hyperbole in there at the end.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Huff.. I love you dawg.

But what the Eff was your point? (Isn't that obvious?)
huff

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
Huff.. I love you dawg.

But what the Eff was your point? (Isn't that obvious?)

That the diversity we have, or lack there of, is caused by a combination of the rule set and team designs (and the competivness in the box), with a small number of teams being more viable than others for perpetual. Of course this is anecdotal, but when almost everyone cites the same anecdotal evidence, there has to be some merit to it.

I'm just saying, we can tweak the scheduler all we want to try and battle the inherent flaws, or we can address the inherent flaws themselves. The inherent flaws of course being fixed by the 'one way or another'.

Last edited by huff on %b %11, %2015 - %10:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah... That's not going to happen.

We won't use house rules...
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:

Give it to me pure until my eyeballs bleed.
huff

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:

Fair enough, but until then or until something official comes out to tweak the ruleset, I will continue to advocate for change in the potential I see, that all us non-casual players see. I admire those that can see past the inherent flaws and enjoy the game as though it was at its max potential.

(Note: I know that kinda comes off as though I'm attacking you as though you were in control of making the rules and were somehow stonewalling the idea, but that's not my intention. I suppose you just got hit with a little friendly fire.)
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Come on Matt. I know you have some sfere di acciaio down there. Stop tentennare and bring your forza to high TV box. Rolling Eyes

Very Happy Ahahah nice!
You made my day, bravo! <clap>

I played at high TV and it can be done, sure, but regardless of winning or losing I find boring to play 90% of times against Chaos/Nurgle.
I'm not afraid of losing my pixels but of wasting 1 hour.
Ok there are even no-clawpomb teams at high TV, but I've played against clawpomb too much to play clawpomb again and again.
It's too dull to be fun for me, also, some teams like Khemri simply have no chances against heavy clawpomb.
I will make an exception if my TV is increased by some super players I don't want to fire.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I find this whole thread odd. Mostly because I've had a great variaty of opponents at every TV range of Box. So hearing people say they only face clawpomb at higher TV or "90%" doesn't fit with my experience of it. (not saying that they are wrong, but)

How long was it since people actually played high TV Box?

Also huff, variaty would increase and the wall of clawpomb would be desaturated if more people played other races (go Humans!) at higher TV. Or if they made cool Chaos teams like Balle2000. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
How long was it since people actually played high TV Box?

Not for a long time. But having left I've found other things to do so don't feel that inclined to go back.

I would play if I had enough time to complete a sprint but mostly I'd rather just wait for a [L]eague game.

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Also huff, variaty would increase and the wall of clawpomb would be desaturated if more people played other races (go Humans!) at higher TV. Or if they made cool Chaos teams like Balle2000. Very Happy

But Fouly, none of your last 23 games have been even mid TV let alone high. You are basically doing exactly what Matt is saying to do so of course it is fine. Wink

If you play over 1500 you have around a 40% chance of drawing chaos, Nurgle, CD or pact. That is not too far short of every other game.

So yeah, it is mainly gonna be people who don't like restarting or artificially cutting down who are whining. Wink

Jump to: