57 coaches online • Server time: 23:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pixyled

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, stunty league teams are not very close to balanced. In my opinion, it's like this:

1) regular halflings
2) regular gobbos
3) skinks
4) nurglings
5) strigoyan
6) chaos flings
7) faeries
Cool cheaters
9) snotlings
10) pygmies
11) squiggers
12) gnomes

what do you think?
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

pixyled wrote:
In my opinion, stunty league teams are not very close to balanced. In my opinion, it's like this:

1) regular halflings

Ehrm, well, it's not as if halflings had ever dominated stunty-cup and ISTs as far as I know... Wink
RobtheUncreative

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Who Cares?
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Is that list supposed to be from strongest to weakest? If so i can't imagine how you could find flings better than gobbos. In fact not much on that list makes sense to me at all, not that stunty needs to be perfectly balanced but it's close enough imo.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty leeg aint official, it aint ment to be balanced till the end. Its ment to be fun. Half of fumbblers seem to want every possible silly team idea in stunty "cause its ment just for fun" and when there is variety of funny and challengin races the other half whines how poor those races are. This is what you get, as now official voice of stunty leeg I thereby give first rule for stunty; its for fun.

Why dont you save your breath and think also how balanced lrb races are? put a game dwarfs vs amazon, norses vs halflings etc. they are just as unbalanced pairs as you can make from stunty leeg teams. If you want balanced races make dozen teams with all same stats and name them differently.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, I don't think there is a single matchup in stunty that is as unbalanced as dwarves vs zons is in lrb. The only complaint i have about stunty is the relatively low number of races compared to lrb, but i recognize that it's a work in progress and as time goes by we will get more races and more variety and after the recent aditions all i can say is thanks and good work.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
Irelatively low number of races compared to lrb

Currently its 12 vs 19.
I hope people will come up with new and fresh ideas like Squigs (all hail to Mr-Klipp who was the first one to come up with that roster). There is bit more limitations on races in stunty it seems cause you really cant have block-teams for example. Althought this is balanced with the fact that even pretty whacky ideas may get through that would not be possible in LRB.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

There are plenty of "bashy" teams but only two really td oriented teams. Maybe if there was a way to implement a more scoring oriented team without it becomeing broken as hell, ohh well i'll think on it.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
Maybe if there was a way to implement a more scoring oriented team without it becomeing broken as hell

You cant please people with that. Its silly how some coaches say Squigs are soooo broken cause they cant handle big guys (yeah, only 6 st4 razor dudes in team). Sure they get hurted if they wanna hang out with oppos BG's, but does it really make them so weak...

You cant please everyone, dont even try.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh.. I expected this to be a joke post Smile

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

[/quote] Its silly how some coaches say Squigs are soooo broken cause they cant handle big guys (yeah, only 6 st4 razor dudes in team). Sure they get hurted if they wanna hang out with oppos BG's, but does it really make them so weak... [quote]

Yes. But thats for another post.

As for the above list its a bit crap really. Most or SEVERAL stunty coaches dont care about winning as such so teams dont do amazingly just have fun, i.e cheaters. Rarely ever win but are damn fun to play with. Stunty unbalanced? Hell yeah, but why not suggest things to balance it. With Peikkos new found aid hopefully alot can be sorted out.

Flings Rule!
Stovaa

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care much about winning. Sure, its nice when it happens, but thats what R and U are for. Stunty is for fun.

Gnomes are probably the weakest team, so what? The cannons are more likely to devour a Gnome with 20 SPP than punt him into the TD zone. Slayers can't fight there way out of a non existant bag, so?

Squigs are one of the bashiest teams in stunty. They'll mow through tiny people like a deathroller through a cornfield. Every team has a weakness, you just have to exploit it.
Lorion

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Squigs arent weak at all, they have some of the best stats in stuunty leeg. Gnomes suck big-time, but dam its fun when the bombs hit.

As a new scoring team, what about something that resembles skaven somewhat. Give them one rogre and 2 stormvermin or something like that and reduce the linemen to ST2 and AV6 with dodge + stunty. Likewise take the Gutter runners and reduce them to ST1 and AV6 but let them keep AG4 - dont give them stunty i think.
Make sure that the entire team can get mutations and ad some sort of permanent secret weapon to the team. An assasin would be the obvious choice. Maybe even let them freebot the doomwheel, which should be something in between a pumpwagon and deathroller.

If anyone likes the idea then please PM me and I'll give a better explenation of the team. Smile

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

At an early stage the team looks like below.

1-12 Ratlings 7 2 3 6 dodge, stunty 50k A
1-2 Stormvermin 7 2 3 8 Block 80k G S
0-1 Ratogre 6 5 3 8 (same skills) 130k G S
0-1 Assasin 7 2 3 6 dodge, stunty, POISONED DAGGER, shadowing 80k A
1-4 Ratling Runners 9 1 4 6 dodge 80k A

Alternative runner stats could be 8 1 4 6 dodge, stunty. and perhaps the price could be only 70k, but thats a minor adjustment.

Stars:
Doom Whell 5 7 1 7 DOOM WHEEL, mighthy blow 80k
And then they shoul be able to hire the standard runner star of the skaven.

Doom wheels should be considered the same as pump-wagons except that they can be blocked. Futhermore it should be able to fire one lightning bolt in a somewhat randomly chosen direction. Its an unreliable but fun star Smile.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

waaaay too complicated for my taste, no interesting fluff, killer runners and you cannot really want them to be able to hire a ag 4 mv 9 non-stunty star player Razz
 Jump to: