34 coaches online • Server time: 01:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dlock

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Pyates.

I have found the same about wood elves than you. I try to give away as few blocks as possible and keep players on the field but way too often I finish games with 5 or less players (last game against dwarfes I think I lined up 2 at the end).

As Tomay said, and something that I havent learned myself yet, key is to be patient and wait for the opportunity. My mistake is that I always go for the win every game (well, rules of the site dictate this so there is not really any alternative) and that costs me players on desperate (and rather stupid) moves.

I also believe firmly on not rolling dice, dice is your enemy and double 1's happen every single game.

Why I play Woodies is that for me Wardancer represent everything that is great about bloodbowl, they can do amazing things and with some luck they really show what bloodbowl is supposed to be about - playing ball.

My advice is exactly worth as much as my skills as wood elf coach (I have losing record) but I do hope that you find them fun to play if not, and still want to play elf ball, roll dark elves.

-D
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Pjj wrote:
I was entertaining thoughts of reviving the GCC

These guys have been waiting in the drains a long time for this day.
Pjj

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Pjj wrote:
I was entertaining thoughts of reviving the GCC

These guys have been waiting in the drains a long time for this day.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

We could have skaven and underworld in the Cistern, and nurglings, eshin, skryre, tzeentch in the Aqueduct.

Also, https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=576569 is the only team left in the group!
Fortis

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright I'm done ruining everyone's fun in Reggies now, can I go back up to conference please?
Samaranthae

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i'll see you there
Semitence

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the 5 & 6 up was a good thought, but doesn't work so well in practice. Some teams that just edged in getting hammered this season as I don't really think they were Prem ready.
swladmin

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXII Round 6 Axe

SWL Premier League

Wäŋa Warriors vs Intoxicated Mayhem - extension

SWL High Street Dandies Conference

Completed - Won by Madness Mountain Misery, coach DustBunny

SWL Fraud Squad Conference

All clear

SWL Left Coast Style Conference

Large Head-on Colliders vs Athel Loren Lovers - extension
Asha'maniac vs Psych Lab - extension

SWL Amon Regional

Southern Warpstone Scavengers vs Tharsis Terrors - forfeit to Heretek

SWL Jetta Regional

All clear

SWL Off Regional

All clear

suttbutt

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
I think the 5 & 6 up was a good thought, but doesn't work so well in practice. Some teams that just edged in getting hammered this season as I don't really think they were Prem ready.

to do that long term you'd need to be pushing more people into conferences from reggies too.

like I'm not saying by any means that my team deserves promotion, i certainly do not.... but if I am sitting on 3-1-3 (pretty much on 0 f/a) and have 8 or 9 teams across reggies above me, that kinda says those 8-9 are probably good to go up...

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, the coach sitting 4th in prem after losing to one of the Elves doesn't think it's a good idea for 4th to go down or let Elves up? Smile

Tyra-Nid's Lizards would have been in the same boat if you'd held more teams up, at least it got some Elves up and gave them a shot at the title for a change, even if it was pretty unlikely at their TV. If you take up 6 this time, you'll add teams that are plenty big and mean enough for prem, big dorfs, big pro elfs, and the lizards you wanted to keep up last time after they've had a few games to rebuild.

Yeh, no one really wants to face the Fun Police down in confs, but they don't want to face them in prem either, and the Slumbering Skink have got a couple fresh Saurus that will skill easier down a grade. Hey, if you beat the Wāŋa Warriors, you might stay up anyway, Semitence.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well...

A fun game vs the Whalekillers.

Animal continues his run of stupidity, blowing a 2D block. Panicked loner roll. Armour broken. Badly hurt in turn 4.

Still, 2-1 (even as a win for him) was probably unfair on Balle. But Sam the Eagle makes things happen.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

When the going gets tough, THE TOUGH GO GET THE DAMN BALL !!!!

Erickan

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Dr Disco Stu. Glad to see Orcs finally winning the Prem. Well played mate. You were too good for me today.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Wait, the coach sitting 4th in prem after losing to one of the Elves doesn't think it's a good idea for 4th to go down or let Elves up? Smile

Nothing to do with that. I just prefer hurting big teams, not those that are still building.

I'm also saying letting undercooked elves into prem because they finished 5th best is going to make them less competitive.

But yeah, read into it whatever you like. If I was actually concerned with just winning titles do you think I'd build my squad or play them the way I do?
Karnov

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Stu - stellar effort wrapping up the title with a game to spare *riotous applause*

Very well done Cool

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2015 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys. Proud for the orcs, and also for the prem newbs. I will try not to let this victory go to my head. I had a lot of luck this season. But please start referring to me as "The Champ." I might even let Jevouse call me "champ" for short. He gave me some tough love about my game at the start of the season and it came in handy a few times.

Mostly I would like to thank Ubirr III. 8 Touchdowns in the six games I have played. What can I say? Hope I can keep hold of him for a long time.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
 Jump to: