42 coaches online • Server time: 20:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure to check out petew's WIL team too, they were dominant for a while there and he plays a completely different style.

I've decided that I don't need to get all competitive again, so will have another season with the Blockers and see what they look like afterward.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Tomay, watching now.

Looks like petew completely forsakes the norse runner and plays a balls-out bash game.

Lots of 1d

I've tried that style and it sometimes works. Norse bash seems to me all about momentum and sometimes it can last a few seasons (my first couple seasons here at SWL and before that in cyanide were successful) but it inevitably fails for me and the harder Norse swing the harder they seem to eventually fall. Building back up to that level of Bash has been all but impossible in SWL because my opponents have been so strong.

That's why im interested in Balle's more tactical, ball-ey, fouly style as it seems to give Norse more of survivability they need for long term success.

Opinions welcome from fellow Norse players
Semitence

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest manning up all your dudes each turn.
buuface

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I bet you do :p
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The opposite, really, with any AV 7 team, give them bad block options against you as much as possible, and try to push clear and screen as much as possible where you're not dominating the fight. 1d push clear with block are safer than dodging out with the side benefit of the odd pow, but the goal is still to get everyone clear of the bad fights an concentrate the attacks where it's working.

Fend spam on the linemen is probably the best way to handle bash teams, because ultimately they will out-guard you and make getting 1d blocks rather hard work. The team can't dodge, so live on fend and never get POMBed again (well, grab and juggs, but mostly).

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Announcing my new icon until someone dethrones me as the champ

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

For the record I believe our URN team is the premier champs for this year in Grod, Grumpsh, Barre (2) and DrDiscoStu plus myself.

Faulcon 83
Grumpsh 70
Barre 69

BeefyGoodness 54
Semitence 50
Erickan 46
Bobs 37

Semitence and Erickan do have a game in hand but are well back on the list. Be happy for someone to double check the numbers.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Fringe Announcement

We are excited to announce some drastic structural changes that we are making to the SWL Fringe division in order to encourage and streamline participation.

~Reputation~
Reputation is a new system that will drive the SWL Fringe division. Basically, a teams reputation score will represent their prominence within the SWL Fringes. The teams with the greatest reputation represent the pillars of the SWL community, held in high regard throughout the Southern Wastes.

A team’s reputation score can be seen on the Group Members tab of the SWL Fringe Page. Reputation points are continually earned throughout a team’s life in the Southern Wastes as detailed below*.

Note: The reputation points system is currently a work in progress and is subject to potential changes as testing continues.

Ex SWL Teams
Teams that have participated in the Main SWL League have already built a reputation throughout the Southern Wastes. These teams have participated in the big time, appearing on Cablevision and in front of large crowds. Points accumulated for games played are cumulative.

+5 SWL Filler Team
+10 Ex SWL League team
+10 Playing more than 20 Games in SWL
+10 Playing more than 50 Games in SWL
+5 Winner of a Regional Division in SWL Career
+15 Winner of a Conference Division in SWL Career
+30 Winner of a Premiership in SWL Career
+30 On an URN Winning Team
+30 Playing more than 100 games in SWL
+50 Member of the SWL Hall of Fame

Friendly Fringe Games
Friendly games are generally unscheduled and arranged in #swl on irc. They work in a similar fashion to FUMBBL’s ranked division but in a less restrictive format – where players challenge each other and play outside any tournament.

+1 Losing a Friendly
+2 Drawing a Friendly
+3 Winning a Friendly

Trial of Blood
The Trial of Blood is the pre-season period during which potential new SWL League teams must first prove themselves worthy of entering the league by touring the SWL Fringe. The Trial of Blood period begins after the announcement of the first round draft and concludes at the commencement of the Regional division in the Main SWL League. At the end of the tournament, the Bloody Cup is awarded to the team that has amassed the most reputation points during the Trial of Blood period. There is no formal structure to the Trial of Blood, instead it works similar to Fringe Friendlies where coaches can organise games freely by challenging each other. The following rules apply:
[*] No team may play against the same coach more than once.
[*] Drafting teams must play at least two Trial of Blood games.
[*] Drafting teams may only play a maximum of 7 games, except where permission has been granted for further games. Drafting teams wishing to play more than 7 games must request permission from an administrator, which will only be granted if the team never had a reasonable chance to reach the 130 TV limit.
[*]All drafters must have a maximum TW of 130 with 0 gold before commencing the next SWL reggie season.
[*] There are no longer any TV limits for blooders. If a drafter doesn’t like the look of your team, they are not obliged to play you.

+3 Each Pre Season Trial of Blood Participated In (at least 1 game against a drafted team)
+2 Losing a TOB Game
+3 Drawing a TOB Game
+4 Winning a TOB Game
+5 Bloody Cup Winner

Small Tournaments
Small Tournaments are classified as those that run on a non-consistent basis as determined by the tournament creator. These currently include SMACKS and Thunderdome Tournaments which kick off when participants are keen. If you would like to organise a Small Tournament, PM a Fringe Administrator.

+2 Losing a Tournament Game
+3 Drawing a Tournament Game
+4 Winning a Tournament Game
+5 Winning a Small Tournament

Large Tournaments
The SWL Fringe Major Tournaments are those which are scheduled to be run on an Annual Basis. Currently we have one Major Fringe Tournament, the Waikikamukau Bloodbowl Festival, which runs each year during the holiday period. We are working on another major tournament celebrating SWL’s birthday.

+2 Losing a Tournament Game
+3 Drawing a Tournament Game
+4 Winning a Tournament Game
+5 Runner Up in a Big Tournament
+10 Winning a Big Tournament

FAQ

How will points be tallied?
To begin with, coaches who wish to have their team’s reputation score updated will be responsible for calculating their points and PMing me with their workings. I will then check the workings and update their score on the group page. We encourage coaches to keep track of this score on their team’s BIO. After the initial score has been tallied, requests for reputation updates should be made at the conclusion of tournaments or on a semi-regular basis. We are currently working a script which will track scores automatically.

an example of how to PM workings (roughly in order of fringe games played)
Fake Team X
+10: SWL League Team
+10: More than 20 Games in SWL
+5: winning Regional
+3: Fringe Friendly Win (Really High Elves
+3: Fringe Friendly Win (Da Big Ladz)
+1: Fringe friendly Loss (Spawn of Bugger
+5: Participation in Pre Season SWL XLVII
+2: losing Trial of Blood (Sotek Sacred Spawning)
+5: Participaion in pre Season SWL XLVIII
+4:Win TOB (Slumbering Skink)
+3: Fringe Friendly Win (Mr Whippy)
+2: Fringe Friendly Draw (Brisbane Broncos)
+1: Fringe Friendly Loss (Really High Elves)
+2: Losing Large Tournament Game (Waikikamaku 2014 vs Da Big Ladz)

TOTAL= 55 Reputation

Last edited by Tomay on %b %17, %2015 - %21:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Solid stuff. This gonna be good.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 20:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea Tomay. How about some points for URN - that's all about reputation.

I think ToB points are way overpowered. By my calculations Doddle (who have only played in ToB) are on 104 points \o/
lolvenom

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2015 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

How about the bloodee teams also getting tob points, as that gives ex-swl teams a chance to earn more in the off season. Also tone them down a bit....
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2015 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Doddle should have a good rep, just about all the younger teams played them on the way up. It is the most important job for the Fringe, after all, getting teams ready for SWL proper. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2015 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Late Show jump out to the lead on 27 renowned Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2015 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

So does anyone have any news on when the next season is due to kick off next year?

I'm keen to get the scavengers out dieing again.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Samaranthae

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2015 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

And do we have an eta on these last two prem games
 Jump to: