38 coaches online • Server time: 20:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
muaddib68

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2015 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

i got some problem for playing with my day 5 adversary , he's on us time , me on europe , and got never on fumbll same time...what can we do ??

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2015 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The most common thing you can do is to make a list of times and dates you can play and see if you have a time that works. One of you might have to stay up a few hours or wake up earlier.
muaddib68

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

OK match played , thank to Zhraia , and thx to my adv ^^

Post 12 Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

and now we must wait for a new league ?? Shocked
zhraia

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

We will finish this season, that will take one or two weeks. Then we will start the next season, you can then continue to play your old team or start a new.

We have to decide a few things, if we want to change any rules and how the new season will look. Probably we will have divisions based on TV, or have a division for new teams, so that things are fair (somewhat Wink ).
zhraia

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

So now season one has come to an end and we can look back on it and look towards the future. Here are some suggestions and points I would like to cover.

1. Divisions based on Time Zones.
One of the issues we have been having is coaches from different time zones that have problems finding time to face each others. One solution to this would be to have divisions based on time zones. This way games would flow more quickly and we would not have to forfeit when two coaches have time constraints. Which timezone/divisions should be appropriate? I'm guessing CET, AT, AET and one more? maybe two from a popular time zone or one division for people with a lot of free time?

2. Rule Changes.
Should we change the rules, and how? Playing high elfs I definitely felt that I was playing with a stacked deck, and other teams simply didn't have the same strategic options. If we did change the rules then I suggest that teams with sub-par linemen gets a big guy or equivalent, similar to the INFbowl season 2 rules. I like balance, but I realize that some teams will always be better then others (especially in strange formats) and all we can do is chase the elusive rabbit of balance. If we can never make the game balanced, does that mean that we should not try?

Some have said that if we change the rules, then the league would no longer be Linemen only since half the teams would feature big guys, and we would instead be playing "league of big guys".

I don't know what is best. Keep true to the basic idea or try and balance the teams.

3. Teams from other leagues.
There has been other linemen only leagues, INFbowl comes in mind. We could allow these teams to join our league. One issue with this is that they have played a lot more games then us and some teams pretty beefy.

There are two ways to solve this: we could have divisions based on TV instead of time zones, so that everyone will face teams of similar TV. The other way to solve this, and other problems that arrive with new vs old teams, is to have a TV cap, lets say 1200 or 1300. This would solve problems with new teams getting bashed by old teams and "some teams" running away in TV. This could be implemented even if we choose not to allow teams from other leagues.

So, what do You think?
ix77

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

It was what i thought it was gonna be, that said i think i should have chosen better Sad something with skills to boot. So I get what your saying lol had orcs ouch!!! thought i was gonna be good once i got some skills ended up getting them at i think one or two at the end, but yeah leave it... Its Linemen only while it hurts. I feel it is what it is maybe allow same teams and stuff. I don't know if there was a rule or not. I should add that im not the best coach to begin with i did try, and weather you change it or not ill try again. Why not? Was kinda interesting in a WHAM!!! What did you learn? kinda way... Razz so leave it don't make it something its not ok done!!! Smile
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There are supposed to be good teams, OK teams, and bad teams in bloodbowl. It's part of the game. I'm not even sure about the big guys for stunty teams, like my Three Stupids.

LOL only changes which teams are good, the 70k linemen are probably going to start well and get a lot better, and the 40k linemen are probably going to start OK but develop poorly. Better skill access should help later on, Marauders can even build a thrower.

In my experience the best answer for team strength is to let the winning teams promote to a higher division by results. Then have automatic promotion and relegation each season. Then the less competitive teams end up fighting it out for the best in the lower division, which works well in other leagues. New teams come in at the bottom and get an easier start.

One thing that helps coaches make games is a clearly posted, reasonably firm timeline, you get a lot of matches later in the cycle, but most people get them played. Then have a limit on how many games you can skip in a season before you're booted from the league.

Splitting it by time zones could be good too, allowing for promotion and relegation within each zone. But you can just point out to people joining that we all have to play early in the morning or late at night some games. Time zone splits would allow for more teams to come in without producing too many mirror matches (though High Elf and Dark Elf are anyway).

Not in favour of TV caps myself, as I'd like to see how the teams develop. Fast and agile teams get a bit of an advantage early by getting more TDs, but the bash will catch up after another season or two and take them down to size, Beastmen and Dwarf Blockers should get proper mean, and most teams should develop a reasonable killer at some point.

To some extent, that's just the first five games, and the teams are barely even off the ground. Not a fan of bringing in old teams from outside, we're not big enough to compete yet.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I just saw this post & wanted to let you know that I'm glad to see a lineman league back in the mix.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=8654&op=view

We had 2 seasons of InfBowl which was great fun, but the group manager didn't wish to continue.

I think Dalfort is the only coach who carried over into this league.

Keep up the good fight.
Squiglet

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Really enjoyed this league...

some ideas for next time:

1) Time zone divisions would be very good and reduce some of the stress of trying to arrange matches. Also 2 weeks per round, sometimes life gets in the way on one given weekend and if you can't play in the week either...

2) Bonus or handicap teams based on lineman cost:
20k linemen = 3 big guys (ie Ogres for snots)
30k linemen = 2 big guys (ie Trees for Flings)
40k linemen = 1 big guy (Gobbo - Troll, Hobgob - Mino, Khemri - Tomb Guard, Necro - Gloum, Nurgle - BoN, Undead - Mummy, U-world - WSTroll, Vamp - Vamp)
50k linemen - no change
60k linemen - max 14 players
70k linemen - max 12 players

Spiralling expenses set low, eg kicks in at 1200, to handicap development of slightly skilled teams (keeping them as near to amusingly useless as possible)

Drop the free card for all rule

3) The more the merrier (as long as team type balance is maintained)
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

any open places for the second season? sounds interesting!

zhraia

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hard to say which teams will be free, i think that some teams will drop out. The following teams are free at the moment: Pro Elfs, Dark elfs, necromantic, undead and khemri.
Squiglet

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Further thoughts on handicapping teams with additional skill access:

Both Pact and Chaos should be max 12 players (which Pact already is) due to additional skill access (ie over 2)

Unusual teams:

Cut undead from line up - only have Skellie (Khemri) and Zomb (Necro) so total of 24 unique teams including Simyans

Uworld - allow access to 0-2 Linerats? (So 15 players max)
Vamp - I suggested above to allow 1 Vamp but their usefulness may be too high with GAS access compared to Trolls etc
Leonek

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

no star players
ilpars

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It is good idea to give more to underdogs.

3 Ogres to Ogre team was good. In similar thinking I suggest:

Halflings to have 2 Treeman
Underworld to have 2 Skaven Linerat and 1 Troll. (Otherwise became a weaker goblin team
Vampire: 1 Vampire (otherwise too similar to Human team)
Chaos Pact: 1 Goblin (IMO 12 player limit is too limiting).
Removing Undead team is also good idea as it is said Khemri and Necromantic covers all Undead branches.
 Jump to: