78 coaches online • Server time: 20:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Otherguy

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2015 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,
im just looking for some suggestions on the next level up on my witch. so far my tv is about 1800.
i had some crazy rolls on my witch leaving her with block, + str, +str. Now she leveled again and i am struggeling what to give her.
My thoughts so far:
- sidestep almost a must have since it makes crowd pushs way less risky.
- diving tackle to keep players close to her. what a nightmare if you cannot get away from a str 5 witchelf. also good synergy with jump up.
- leap,i guess dont have to explain why. what also comes into consideration is that i have a blitzer with +ma, +agi, dodge so i thought i get leap on him next
- finally tackle could be another option since i only have that once so far.

what are your ideas?
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2015 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

tackle, sidestep or leap are all valid options. I think sidestep might be the best option.
Gartch

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2015 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

In which environment do you play this team? I think the best idea is to use your witch as ball carrier, if you often play vs teams with stripball, sure hand can be a good idea.

Other than that, tackle is good to hit, I would take it over SS and leap, but it's debatable, but I would not take DT: without stand firm or SS it's far less good, even on a ST5 players, and it's dangerous: you have to put your player often on contact (yes I know she is ST5, but she is also AR7, and very expensive), and when you use DT you let your player prone, if opponent is successful on the dodge with a RR, he or she can send you immediatly a player to foul your witch star. I mean, it's what I would do Twisted Evil
Otherguy

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the quick answer. i am running the team in bb2 in the free naf.
that makes alot of sense, so i guess dt is out. i did use her as a ballcarrier against some woodelf teams in the past. on the one hand she wont fall so easily and the ball should be secure but on the other hand there will be way less blocks from her and i feel this might be a too passive route.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

in bb2 free naf you will see more bash then elves i guess, and you can really make the best use of st5 frenzy for surfs. Sidestep.
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

BB2?

You could take pass block and it wouldn't matter.

I'd take leap, side step can wait until after you take strip ball.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidestep is a great idea, good for a hitter and a ball carrier

From there it will depend if you want to hit more or carry the ball more, by the time the next skill comes around you should know. Tackle or Sure hands, depending on what you decide.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Side step is an easy choice!

Oscar Wilde
gansus

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I would choose sidestep so you can concentrate on using a frenzy st5 guy at its most, trying to surf (or threatening to do so) opponents with no fear to be surfed in return.
Otherguy

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

After all consideration i took sidestep. Thanks for the suggestions.
Thinking of the future what would come next? Lets say she rolls a double, is it straight up Mighty blow?
What if she even rolls 10. Would you say armor is better than ma to protect her a bit?
cdassak

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Because you took SS and she is ST5 Juggs might be best for doubles.
MB would be better with tackle. +MA for a 10.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of people are against the +AV it is interesting how +MA is nearly universally preferred. I have to say to protect a +ST which elf, 7 to 8 is a huge jump, I would take the +AV
I promise you I will be in the minority here.

In terms of a double, yes I think MB would be great as she will be hitting a lot.

A lot of it will come down to whether you use her as a straight hitter or ball carrier.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
mekutata

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

well in bb2 he will most likely play agaist claws and then av8 is not that great at all..

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidestep, leap. Juggernaut on doubles (yes even on cyanide with the misimplementation)!

Jump to: