19 coaches online • Server time: 03:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm scared of the taxman, but he doesnt play bloodbowl......I hope ;]

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

but a taximan does... that is ME!!! Buhahahahaha

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I totally agree with that 7minutes turn coach thing. Its better to loose your players in a short time then winning in 3 hours!

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
The most frightening coach is he of the 7 minute turns!

You mean... dusko?

Just played him in stunty cup, unfortunately he isn't even that "fast".

He's no nOOb, he knows the game, but still every single setup of his would take more than 5 minutes, and don't get me started to talk about how long his turns would take.... Rolling Eyes

So dusko is definitely my no 1 most feared coach on fumbbl, can't remember to have ever played anyone who was even close to that "speed"...
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

ALL HAIL TO ME, im the scariest coach my gnomes destroy all! muhahahaha

Dropdeadfred Wakes up... Doh
Kenty

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have to say that Christer should be the most feared coach. He could just get pissed some day and shut this whole thing down.
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If Dusko truly plays 7 minute turns and 5 minute setups he should be banned.

Actually not joking! (too much) Such incredibly slow players spoil the fun and that´s most of us are here for.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Elkerlyc wrote:

Actually not joking! (too much) Such incredibly slow players spoil the fun and that´s most of us are here for.
Why play against them then? Just don't. It's not a big deal, really. Has anyone ever played chess? Some turns take a lot of time there.

As for fouling, can't say that I like it. Basically, the game should be played so that you do what you must to win. So I'd approve strategic fouling.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Elkerlyc wrote:

The problem is, there is absolutely no official rule for how long a turn/setup can take. Therefore it's impossible to ban such coaches. Dusko was right when he claimed that there was no time-limit for setups ("is there any limit on the set up?").

A possible explanation for his slowliness:

<dusko> when the other do their turns i often see tv or chat with my friends
<dusko> and only when i hear the gong i do my turn

What dusko can't imagine

<dusko> i know i can be slow
<dusko> but i never would imagine that could upset plyers

Well, no bad feelings or so, but someone really needs to learn to appreciate the value of time for other people... Wink

We really need to help dusko. I've done my part by explaining how to load/reload setups: Cool

<Mirascael> Never wondered how some coaches would get an instant setup?
<dusko> that sometimes has surprised me

Last edited by Frankenstein on %b %29, %2004 - %14:%May; edited 1 time in total
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Cuene wrote:
Why play against them then? Just don't. It's not a big deal, really. Has anyone ever played chess? Some turns take a lot of time there.

You can't avoid such coaches in tournaments, that's why. Crying or Very sad

As for chess: Imagine a player thinking 10 minutes about his opening move... Cool
razta

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i thought the LRB said max 3 min turns..
Clementus

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

4 I believe, but its not implemented yet. Things like lag or slow connections could affect it is the reason i believe, or if someone really has to go afk etc.

Flings Rule!
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe i guess the most feared coach would be one who could put something nasty on your computer while you played him! Smile but im not computer geek so i may be wrong!
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Clementus wrote:
4 I believe, but its not implemented yet. Things like lag or slow connections could affect it is the reason i believe, or if someone really has to go afk etc.

It's come up many times before and the reasons are two-fold:

1. By design - things happen in Real Life®™ when you're trying to play a game. The admins have repeatedly said that it's wrong to penalize someone in game because they received an important phone call or just have a spotty internet connection with lots of lag. I happen to agree - even though it's occasionally frustrating.

2. Technical reasons - If I remember correctly, SkiJunkie's come out and said he can't cause a turnover to occur without a player event because of the way he initially set the turn structure up in the client. Recoding (and potentially breaking) the entire client to satisfy a few complaints would be awfully discourteous to the rest of us who aren't complaining.

If you think that it is a huge problem, then lead by example. There's already a timer option set which pops up a message in the dialogue box when time has been reached. You can turn the timer on in your "options" dialogue before starting a game. If you think that 4 minutes should be a turnover, then end your action and turn immediately if that message pops up for you. Undoubtedly someone will have the courtesy of asking you why you just did that and then you can make a strong case for it. Your opponent will either agree and play the same way or disagree and play as they see fit. That's all you can do.

</off topic>

I still say the most feared coach is one whom you simply don't enjoy playing. Each to their own...

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah timers.
I hate them in real life and will not play against them, and i will certainly not play them on the net.
nuff said

Jump to: