18 coaches online • Server time: 05:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
quota

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Mirascael wrote:
As for chess: Imagine a player thinking 10 minutes about his opening move... Cool

This is not uncommon actually. If you have a new opening you're going to play, then spending 10 minutes making sure you can still remember what to move where and when isn't all that bad an idea. Some might even use 10 minutes to psyche the opponent; it's all been done Wink

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, i've played my share of chess tournaments, and I've never seen anyone spend more than 20 seconds on their opening move. It's rare for people to spend 4+ minutes on moves unless either a.) their screwed and don't want to admit it, or b.) their a grandmaster, which is rarer than hell. Even among the grandmasters, I've only heard of one person spending 10 minutes on their opening move once.
quota

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

deathgerbil wrote:
Bah, i've played my share of chess tournaments, and I've never seen anyone spend more than 20 seconds on their opening move. It's rare for people to spend 4+ minutes on moves unless either a.) their screwed and don't want to admit it, or b.) their a grandmaster, which is rarer than hell. Even among the grandmasters, I've only heard of one person spending 10 minutes on their opening move once.

I've seen it done a few times. Often have I myself spend half an hour on one move, though not the first.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox wrote:
Bah timers.
I hate them in real life and will not play against them, and i will certainly not play them on the net.
nuff said

Yeah, except several Games Workshop games are designed to be used with a time limit on the turns - the pressure of a time limit is supposed to be affecting turns - a good coach needs to be able to deal with it. IMHO a coach who wins 90% of their games in even matchups but takes 7 minutes per turn is a terrible coach. (and to keep it on topic, the coach that I fear the most)

Granted our tabletop league never used it either because it was 'too hard' for new players, and I don't think it could be realistically implemented for Fumbbl, but I love watching 'great' but slow coaches go to pieces on tabletop when they have to deal with a time limit... Very Happy
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Really slow players will quickly Laughing end up on my

'never play this dude again if I can help it'-list.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

dusko is maybe slow but he get a lot of wins.
Malthor

Post   Posted: May 29, 2004 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob_ni, if you are concerned about people not playing your other teams due to your DPs in your Undead team, you could put a disclaimer in your team bio's heh.

still disliked all round!
Wombats

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I fear Deathgerbil having seen Enjoyment pop up on the stats thinger, not to mention Pikachu.

But then the win ratio is pretty crap and providing your players survive a game with Revenge I assume you'll have been able to put those TD SPPs to good use.

Maybe when I get sick of playing a team I'll test that theory someday...

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2004 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The most feared coach is the newbie with a new elf team pulling fo the craziest dodges and picking up the ball on 4+ 5+'s then saying sorry

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wombats wrote:
I fear Deathgerbil having seen Enjoyment pop up on the stats thinger, not to mention Pikachu.

But then the win ratio is pretty crap and providing your players survive a game with Revenge I assume you'll have been able to put those TD SPPs to good use.

Maybe when I get sick of playing a team I'll test that theory someday...

Zucchini is higher! Wink aye my chaos fling team dragged down my win % in the push to get my big man top of the cas pile (the amount of times he alone played 3 trees and survived is another story!)... id have a 60+ win % if it wasnt for that silly mino! instead ill have to settle for a lousy 50%! Smile
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I fear everyone who is better at Blood Bowl than me

...well thats everyone then Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I fear Hax, that guy rolled 7 blitzes against me on kickoffs in two matches. I've never lost 4-0 to a dwarf before. Most annoying.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

7 blitzes? who cares? I had 3 thrown rocks, two pitch invasions, and a nice riot in one game.

If i could remember the coach name i'd post it to warn you all of his evil fans Evil or Very Mad

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2004 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon i'm the fastest BB player: block, double skulls, turnover...
Paradiso

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2004 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Most feared coach? By who? The players or the opponents?

If it's the opponents, well, it sure as hell isn't me.

If it's my players, well, I'm pretty sure my orcs have grown weary of being slapped around by elves and skaven.
 Jump to: