17 coaches online • Server time: 07:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
finster5

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that it affects us much, but below mentions GW re-releasing Blood Bowl in 2017:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/01/bombshell-gw-moving-into-toymodel-stores.html
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/the-bugmans-xxxxxx-league-cup/
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

urgh, is this in cooperation with NAF, or are they going all Premier League on us?

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Games Workshop wrote:
Rules in use: We will be slightly modifying the Blood Bowl Living Rulebook v.5, last published in 2006. Modifications will include:

LRB5?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I really need to finish the grid before they update the rules.
finster5

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch, GW is not using CRP/LRB6 for the bugman thing?!?

Makes me worry about the consequences of GW possibly changing the rules to the game in 2017...
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

What an interesting tournament rule. I suppose it would make stalling less appealing.

League Points earned for Completions, Touchdowns, Casualties, Interceptions and Players Sent Off for Fouling. Whether you win the games doesn’t actually matter… -

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
What an interesting tournament rule. I suppose it would make stalling less appealing.

League Points earned for Completions, Touchdowns, Casualties, Interceptions and Players Sent Off for Fouling. Whether you win the games doesn’t actually matter… -

I would play in such a tourney with wild abandon.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

finster5 wrote:
Ouch, GW is not using CRP/LRB6 for the bugman thing?!?

Makes me worry about the consequences of GW possibly changing the rules to the game in 2017...

As much as we complain about CRP, I am worried about something even worse, especially if there is no consideration from FUMBBL at all in the matter.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

"League Points earned for Completions, Touchdowns, Casualties, Interceptions and Players Sent Off for Fouling. Whether you win the games doesn’t actually matter…"

Really?! O_o
grant85

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

yikes
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
"League Points earned for Completions, Touchdowns, Casualties, Interceptions and Players Sent Off for Fouling. Whether you win the games doesn’t actually matter…"

Really?! O_o

i would play elfs, and pass and foul EVERY turn

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Really?! O_o

I knew this was gonna happen. I was so tempted to write a post about how Dakka would flip.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Steady, steady.

Before we lose our marbles over this, remember WW has historically run... Interesting events. The staff rarely really understand BB. Even when they hosted the GT, they weren't properly across the game. Points for completions and stuff is nothing new at a GW event (this doesn't look a million miles away from the rules I've heard stories about from their first BB event a fair few years ago, maybe someone found them lying about) and I doubt whomever made the advert knows what an LRB is. The last WW GT was, I believe, played in LRB5 times, perhaps the WW shop guy just assumes they are still the rules?

It's vastly more likely that someone who played the game ten years ago has just been told by the brass to run a tournament for the sake of publicity than this being the coordinated beginning of what is to come. It will just be the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing and generating a bit of very early box buzz.

Hold your horses and consider the past before you panic about our future. Wink
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I only live 20 minutes away from WW. In fact I know of a few of us that live close. Perhaps we could take a fumbbl gang and see what direction it's going in.

CALLING SANN...what's your take on this as new NAF president?! Very Happy