48 coaches online • Server time: 13:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope they make it cheaper in the $20-$25 range instead of the $40-$50 range.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
I hope they make it cheaper in the $20-$25 range instead of the $40-$50 range.

That is hopeful! Only the original 1987 version of Blood Bowl would fall into your requested price range, and in that the players and field were made of paper.

I know you get things a bit cheaper in the US than the UK, but I think you're probably looking at around double the most expensive price range you suggested.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a chance. They are going for ultra-premium price points these days.
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind paying a higher price (getting a 3rd edition team these days costs over $100), but I just don't want to have to buy it twice to get a full team and have leftover players. They don't seem to do blisters with plastic models so I doubt I'll be able to get a single blitzer separately.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:
I don't mind paying a higher price (getting a 3rd edition team these days costs over $100), but I just don't want to have to buy it twice to get a full team and have leftover players. They don't seem to do blisters with plastic models so I doubt I'll be able to get a single blitzer separately.

meh. what would a nazi clone know? Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure it will be the more expensive price, but it would be nice to have a family priced blood bowl game rather than one marketed towards hardcore gamers.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not going to be your more expensive price (I very much doubt anyway). $20 they couldn't even make it for that. What they want to make......$50 would be pushing it. They could make something for $50 but it wouldn't the professional product they'd be willing to push out

The price range I think will be between £80-£100 that's $115-$140. However I think you guys may get it cheaper.......so maybe $100 if we are very lucky.

The problem for table top gaming is that computer gaming manufacturing costs have come right down. So it's cheaper to make a game now than 25 years ago (especially consoles). So people expect there to be a comparison where of course there isn't.
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
DarthPhysicist wrote:

meh. what would a nazi clone know? Wink

If I was a clone, wouldn't I LOOK like Adolf Hitler?!
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So they revealed a Squig Ball
https://picload.org/image/rgrcoaac/squigball.jpg
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Dat ent der proppa use fer a squig! I iz getting in kontakt wiv der rspca
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

AzraelEVA wrote:
So they revealed a Squig Ball
https://picload.org/image/rgrcoaac/squigball.jpg

Awesome. Wonder what the rules could be for a sqig ball. Roll a 2+ at the start of your turn to hold onto it? Bounces 3 times? Failed catch, get bitten, armour roll?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Uncomfortable with that........kicking around a live creature. Why can't we have a normal ball.......ball with spikes is pretty ridiculous........how can you catch a ball with spikes on it.......or want to. Kicking around a live object just isn't the way to go. It's fantasy and you need to be imaginative.........however the ball you don't need to try that hard.
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:

Awesome. Wonder what the rules could be for a sqig ball. Roll a 2+ at the start of your turn to hold onto it? Bounces 3 times? Failed catch, get bitten, armour roll?

I would imagine the ball tries to run away when he is on the ground. And eat stunty players.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

In an old Citadel Journal there were house rules by Adam Morgan for weird Blood Bowl balls, like enchanted balls, iron balls, squig balls, explosive balls, magnetic balls, multiple balls, sticky ball, floating balls, spiked balls.

BALL SQUIG

One of the participating teams must include at least one Orc or Goblin to field a Ball Squig.

There is an unlucky little creature known as Ball Squig that has the great misfortune of looking exactly like a standard Blood Bowl ball. Often prone to hibernation, these balls are brought onto the pitch by accident and awakened by the kick off when an unobservant player punts its backside halfway up the pitch. Once landed, the semi-conscious and understandably frightened Ball Squig makes a run for it. At the beginning of the kicking player's turn it will try to move towards the nearest pitch edge, blocking anything that gets in the way. If it reaches the edge it is thrown back in by the crowd as normal. Anyone holding the Squig has a -1 modifier to all actions because of its squirming. Its stats are:

BALL SQUIG MA 3 ST 2 AG 3 AV N/A

Skills: Stunty, Right Stuff
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

That Squig ball isn't a GW thing, it's made by another firm. I've seen it recently, but I forget who it was exactly.