46 coaches online • Server time: 15:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LAMP

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The point is moot, as I already went ahead with the +AV, but when given the option between +MA or +AV, which do you take?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

typically, I'd go +MA

I personally have a few exceptions
1: Norse Linemen, the reason I go this route is because runners are already faster, and I'd prefer MA on Ulfs or Berserkers. Having one more AV8 allows me to have one more mark against Mighty Blow that I don't expect to see injured on an impact.

2: Underworld Linerat, +AV effectively makes him a poor man's blitzer

3: Jump-Up Claw-POMBer, He will get fouled to hell and back. Higher AV keeps him on the pitch, killing all menz. I'd also consider Thick Skull on this one, depending on the player.

4: MA 10 Gutter Runner. Helps keep your one-turner alive.

There are other players I might consider, but they are case by case. For most though, +MA will always win out
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I took +AV and want to use her to dodge and gfi and PO. Otherwise take the +ma. Wish I had taken MA most days
LAMP

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent points, will consider in the future.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think according to painstate (he did the maths in another thread), any lineman should get it. After all, most linemen's job is to get hit.

Player dependant though; generally make youyr fast guys faster and your punchbags more durable.
licker

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2016 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Skip it entirely for zons in my opinion.

Ok, you probably can take it on one player, but never as a 1st skill, and unlikely as a 2nd skill.

Unless it's a blitzer, then sure, take the MA.
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2016 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA cause Zones be a very Slow Team, there is 1 or more Players with more Movement pretty good.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2016 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

usually go with +ma now. Because every time a +AV zon gets hurt, it just adds insult to injury you paid an extra 30TV for a +10TV stat up.

+av generally isn't worth it unless you can get 10av.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:

And you play vs clawless teams.
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is my stance on +AV

#1 Linemen should always take +AV over +MV. How again does +MA help them when they are standing on the LOS ready to get smashed?

#2 Any team who has 9AV players should ALWAYS take the +AV. 10AV is the best possible odds in the game. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he could get hit by some guy with claw. We all know that the vast majority of the time that is not the case.

#3 So, if you are not a lino and not a AV9 player, then, well, it is still up for debate on to take the +MA or the +AV.

The argument that +MA you can use every turn is bogus. The vast majority of the time most players who are linos and such rarely use their full MA inless it is a very situational discussion.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Ok, you probably can take it on one player, but never as a 1st skill, and unlikely as a 2nd skill.

Oh, man, this is to juicy.

SO

Maybe on one player BUT never select it at 6SPP, unlikely at 16SPP, more than unlikely at 31+SPP, never at 51+SPP never ever at 76+SPP so, maybe, on a lark at 176+SPP.

Oh, My.

So licker was being nice in saying, never, ever select +AV on a amazon player.

Very Happy Shocked Surprised Smile Laughing Razz Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I was talking about MA.

I would never take AV, on any player. Well I have taken it, but I think it still wasn't the best choice.

Anyway, zons need to blodge/wrodge asap. They don't need +MA as badly on an other wise 'naked' player. Thus, why I said sure for a blitzer, but even there, they have other solid skill choices to take which arguable serve them better than the +MA. Having one MA7 though is nice, but it really does depend on how developed the team is when you roll it.
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

Anyway, zons need to blodge/wrodge asap.

Well, that brings up a bigger issue of skilling up players.

There is a good argument that you should not take any +Stat or Doubles on a team and just focus on skills.

If you are a fan of TV management then never taking a double or +STAT is very nice.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Arktoris wrote:

And you play vs clawless teams.

yes and no.

+av players tend to be a magnet for claws. so send him off in some unimportant task and let the claw blitz spammer be distracted with him while you win the game.

also +av is nice if you have piling on. can't claw me if I'm on the ground Very Happy got to do it the old fashion risky way.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

For Amazons? I take MA on 6+4 as a second or later increase on linos, or any time on the skill players. Never on a Blitzer. Did that once, player was great, but I paid for the lack of Guard.