19 coaches online • Server time: 08:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2016 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fumbbl superstition, but when I play TT I usually toss the dice in the air once after a good roll just to reset them...
Jiiiiim

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2016 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

When I'm losing at half time in a game that matters (tournament or something), I have to turn on one particular album of generic-sounding epic music

I'm not even that fond of it now, but dammit it gets results. Or I just play looser when I'm losing so there's more chance of a surprise turnaround...no, no, must be the music.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2016 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

When playing table-top I like to impart a little positive energy into the dice with a hearty roll. If I just let them fall pathetically out of my hand and get double skulls I feel kind of responsible. Of course the opposite applies if I need a low roll.
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2016 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

TT-specific: I like to leave my dice showing 1 or Skull, so they're bored of being that way up... so when I roll them I get different things.

FUMBBL specific: tails never fails. Fact.*

All environments: you definitely get better results when fouling after a run-up.

* I think when Cyanide was first released, that this was actually true... the coin toss always seemed to come up tails.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2016 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

all big guys fail gfi

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2016 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris will always lose to me!

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Endzone wrote:
I used to have the following superstition: If the ball is due to land next to the side line from a kick off it usually bounces into the crowd even though it is only a 3/8 chance.

Then I realised that there were actual reasons for this:
1. The client shows the 'unlanded' ball on the nearest square on the pitch when the ball was actually due to land in the crowd.
2. The 'gust of wind' extra scatter bounce on a Perfect Weather roll.

If the kick-off lands next to the sideline, it will ALWAYS be a touchback. 100% guaranteed .. Evil or Very Mad

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Never stand in bloodstains
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

IF you need to roll a series of rolls and it looks really hard, then it all works out if one guy has catch, even if its not the guy who needs to catch the ball, though it only works if the guy who has catch also is involved with the ball(like picking up) , also notice it will only will work if a handoff also is involved, its not enough with just a throw, though a throw can also be involved in the series of rolls. And at least 2 players must not be standing on the pitch.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

When you scream "Nuffle be my guide" at your screen at halftime and "Come on Nuffle" at your first block roll in second half,you will cause a mcas and can comeback even form the worst positions.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
Never stand in bloodstains

Never GFI through bloodstains.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:
IF you need to roll a series of rolls and it looks really hard, then it all works out if one guy has catch, even if its not the guy who needs to catch the ball, though it only works if the guy who has catch also is involved with the ball(like picking up) , also notice it will only will work if a handoff also is involved, its not enough with just a throw, though a throw can also be involved in the series of rolls. And at least 2 players must not be standing on the pitch.

Iam superstitious of this superstition because it is so convoluted that it confuses me which then causes paranoia and a deep rooted superstition. Thanks. Laughing

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

3+ fails more regularly than it should.

MVP always goes to your only player that died in the match. Every single time.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Kammo22 wrote:
3+ fails more regularly than it should.

MVP always goes to your only player that died in the match. Every single time.

No surprise. Noone can give more to the team than his life.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If you shout loudly I KNOW WHAT I MUST DO and then attempt several consecutive dodges and a 5+ Pickup into 2x GFI touchdown you will succeed 100% of the time 50% of the time.
Also a 2+ Leap is more likely to fail than any other action you may attempt that turn.
Edit: And is more likely to injure whoever failed it than a normal leap.
 Jump to: