17 coaches online • Server time: 04:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do I take on a Human Blitzer with +AG and +MA?
Guard
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Sure Hands
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Other (Post)
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Pie
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

K, so Gary Garrison, the sophomore and All-American standout for the Slam Diego State Smacktecs of the NCBB, has just hit a decision point. Which way does he develop?

I normally like to MB/Tackle up all my Blitzers, but in this case I think I won't.

Guard is nice, you can't have enough.

Sure Hands is a good pick for a ball-carrier, though this team employs a Sure Hands player anyway.

What else is there? Fend? Meh. Am I missing something?

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy, but maybe not for him with AG4.

Tackle is always nice to have on a very mobile guy, or even strip ball depending on the other teams in your conference.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is also nice on a mobile guy. Guard is atually OK on a baller, as it will be always at the right place to assist.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 07:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

HMMMM tough one. But yeah u can never have to much guard.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, skill options for a Blitzer as a runner. Idle thoughts in no particular order.

Standfirm is an option, being the strength version of sidestep for that sideline cage. Juggernaut is great for those times you need to move through a screen and those both downs or stand firm is killing your day. Pro later on (if he hasn't rolled any doubles) for that multi purpose half reroll when your team reroll has already been used. Dauntless, cause its a great skill for humans.

Edit:But really, the easiest thing to do is just roll more stats and doubles.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Endzone

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure Hands and Dodge on a double. +MA, +ST or +AG would be golden. On a second normal skill roll I'd take tackle and use him as a sweeper on defence.
Snimm

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap. Utility for both attacking the ball carrier and running with the ball.

Wardancers can do it, why can't he?!

Of course, he needs a double for that, but still.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. Not revealing. Poll is tied, as are the opinions of some of the better coaches out there. Do I listen to Endzone, or to bghandras? Or Licker? I'm gonna think about it a little more.

Any more opinions?

I'm starting to lean to Guard, as I only have one. But SH is tempting.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So basically guard, tackle, sure hands, stand firm are fine options if you dont roll a double. If you do roll, or stat, then even better, and easier. Take dodge, movement, speed and agility.

Edit: I broke the tie, forgot to vote before.
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Either you go for the mobile guard that every human team needs or you go for frenzy and that makes him a terror on the sidelines. frenzy juggernaught standfirm is his path then and he will bee one of the teams best players without a doubt
licker

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is obviously a solid pick (as would be MB or tackle).

The question feels more like he wants to do something different though.

Sure hands is always great for an AG4 to get balls in trickier situations, or just to be the/a carrier.

I really think Frenzy adds a big dimension to humans though, and MA8 really makes it that much better. The AG4 doesn't help with frenzy (well it helps with a lot, but not necessarily frenzy) so it might feel as though you don't want to wind up with this guy out of position due to follow ups, but you know dark elf players use witches like this all the time...

So if you want to go down the well trodden path take guard (or tackle if you need it). If you want to experiment with a different use, take Frenzy or Stripball.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not big on Frenzy or Strip Ball. Strip is not in my playbook at all, and Frenzy I tend to save for teams with a lot of Strength and/or Guard, and this team's got exactly one Guard. Also, this guy's not my hitter. I got guys who do that stuff, this guy's job is to stay clean and get the ball.

It's still a tossup between Guard and SH for me. I could really use a second Guard, but this guy with Sure Hands sounds great. Leaning Guard at this juncture....

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The +ag is what makes frenzy on him fantastic. Use him to hold one side and if you dont want to block with him as he gets trapped you move him away for the support somewhere else
licker

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

That's why I said if you want to experiment.

A frenzy player is not your hitter anyway (ask DE coaches). A frenzy player is your SURFER. They stay back, they wait for the opponent to leave guys around the sideline, then they wreck them.

But if that's outside your comfort zone then don't do it, since it won't be effective. Alternatively, play some DE and see how ST3 teams without S access surf like freaking pros Wink
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Does this change anything? My only Guard is a Senior (retires in 8 games), and I have nobody else close to being able to think about taking Guard.