54 coaches online • Server time: 17:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 12, 2016 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I used to just put a spot of colour for the eyes and it always looked poor. While others managed white and then a smaller coloured spot too.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2016 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:
So what size brush do people use for the eyes? That's the part that always gives me fits. Also any general eye technique would be appreciated (you'll notice my Norse don't have eyes yet...).

A really small brush Wink

For real, though... the best painters use extremely small brushes and magnifying glasses or lenses and do a technique of laying (black base after skin tone, white swipe sideways, smaller black swipe vertical, skin tone to clean up edges). But my first eyes, I used the head of a pin. Dabbed it in the paint and did practice dots on paper to see how many taps would give me the size dot I wanted. So I'd dab the pin, tap on paper (sometimes just once) and then dot the eye... Very Happy
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: May 12, 2016 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I will totally give this a try next batch.

Jump to: