21 coaches online • Server time: 07:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which company should be main DLE sponsor?
Pomb Light
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Royal Pain Bank
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Warpstone Dew
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Quad Skulls
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Dawrcell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Orcidas
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Skavanger
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Block & Decker
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Reblock
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

bigf

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to all the suggestions and hard work guys put in designing and finding sponsors for DLE.

Here are the main contenders:

ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Pomb light.

Pretty easy to be honest - sits nicely (in contrast) with the colours and theme of your league, suits the fluff to a tee, is a modification of an actual real-life sponsor that is both identifiable but not crude, and is well executed.

Hats off to neubau, thought he'd pretty much ended the thread with it!

If I could make a suggestion though - perhaps retain some others (or continue to take suggestions for more) as "play-off" or "big match/monday night" only sponsors too? Hell, I'd be making draft sponsors and the like if I ran the league.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 12:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I do like the brand "wiv lotz of dem stripe thingies" though
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
I do like the brand "wiv lotz of dem stripe thingies" though

Yeah it's good, but (from an outsider's perspective), DLE isn't to me, really about the greater/wider Blood Bowl/Fantasy universe.

I'll explain:

The idea of "race/races" in it is quite alien - it is human, but only because that is the model selected for representation. The primary focus is parity of basic roster. But even if we accept the fluff of humanity (as the league does) - I cannot ever see teams across the Old World using Orc-endorsed equipment.

The NFL is an obvious and basic model to follow in that regard, for ideas, fluff. This is still what I think of when I see/spec DLE games on FUMBBL (thanks Bghandras for the link in irc a while back), and as such, it directs my thoughts on fluff a bit too. It remains a very interesting league to see what coaches value (skill/stat wise) in roles, and fills a niche that is quite unlike most of the other leagues here. I think its fluff should be a bit reflective of that.

All my opinion of course, and I'm not even involved! Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

i love the quad skulls stuff for the fauschlag nachrichten add spaces, but voted for myself as it was quite a bit of work Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

@ArrestedDevelopment - i love the idea of a monday night sponsor. I was wondering what to do with some of the others and i like all of them really.

@Neubeu - i think we can almost call the result of this one after only one afternoon!
 Jump to: