78 coaches online • Server time: 23:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Normal skill?
Fend
33%
 33%  [ 12 ]
Catch
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kick Off Return
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Sure Feet
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Sprint
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other/Pie
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 36

xerode

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Garfield of Undead Prez has skilled up. He's my main ball carrier and already has Sure Hands, Block and Side Step. Bit of a loss for what to choose as a normal skill next:

Fend - for when the cage is actually broken into, or attacked with Leap from an Elf/Rat.
Catch - really just for High Kick.
Kick Off Return - for getting under the ball when receiving, or that extra bit of movement to help secure the ball into a cage if the kick is deep.
Sure Feet - for when I need MA9 to score. Alternatively Sprint for when I need MA10 and some tense rolls.

I don't really field him when kicking, so stuff like Diving Tackle isn't applicable.
Prez

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Give him Tackle to aid your offence/defence capabilities

Fend to help him live longer

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

xerode wrote:
I don't really field him when kicking, so stuff like Diving Tackle isn't applicable.

Mmmm, 150k benchwarmer Smile

Fend for me. He's gonna be a target as long as he's on the pitch (ball carrying and no regen) so fend stops frenzy and piling on, plus couples well with sidestep.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I always take tackle on "full" ball carriers and never regretted it. Helps counter the player type that usually goes for the ball. Plus it makes him a solid defender himself.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle. Ball carriers can be forced to blitz, and in such case tackle is really good.

OOh, and you should field him also when you kick.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah tackle and fielding him when kicking more makes sense. Kick off return would help you with 3 turn TDs against long kicks. Fend just if you play against piling on often.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

there's a president named after a cat?

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle for me as well.
This way you will be 100% sure to have Tackle where your ball carrier is to get rid of a Blodge Side Stepper marking him.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Since you already have tacklers, I'd be tempted in KOR or Sure Feet, to increase your chances of 2-turn TDs, which in turn increases your chances of 2-1 grinds.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I would go kick and field him on defence. He already has all the key skills for your ball carrier
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzeh! Goes nice with sidestep and makes him a surfing threat.

Oscar Wilde
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2016 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend. Tackle if he makes super-star.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2016 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Frenzeh! Goes nice with sidestep and makes him a surfing threat.

Seems a bit of a nutty skill for the ball carrier. Shocked But maybe it could work. Might help to avoid requiring a dodge on the odd blitz to freedom.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2016 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If he's ball-carrying, and ONLY ball-carrying, then Fend. It just seems to me that with as "thin" a roster as you have (i.e. - not 13/14), you'll likely be fielding the Ghoul on a kick-off when you don't necessarily want to. If he's out there, at least let him be useful.

Tackle seems to have far more utility in the long run, but if he's ONLY ball-handling, Fend seems the better play.
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2016 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I like JU myself. If and when he gets sacked he'll have full movement opportunity to get the ball back. Also if he fails a dodge or GFI again.... again full movement opportunity. Just my 2 cents though. P.S. This is very useful regardless if he's playing defense or offense. Movement matters...having full use of it at all times keeps him useful at all times.
 Jump to: