13 coaches online • Server time: 08:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FTJUK

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2016 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

I've recently taken up playing Slann with a vengeance and found them both highly entertaining and frustrating! Great team.

I have skilled up the following catcher https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11200026 who has +1S and +1M. Plays for the following team https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=838895

Question is how to skill him in future? Does he become main ball carrier or my main sacker?

Thoughts welcomed.
kilinrax

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2016 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

You realise you're tempting Nuffle's wrath by asking this before he skills, right? Wink

To answer your question, I'd make him a ball carrier. Any of your wrestle linos can sack from any direction, so having a 'main' sacker kind of works against Slann's main advantage ...
tussock

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2016 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

8347, 2+ leap, with a couple 2+ leap Guards in the team, he is the ultimate sacker. You want wrestle, tackle, dodge, sidestep, leaving Dauntless and Strip Ball to a more expendable player for hitting the bigger carriers with enough Guard to prevent even a 1d.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2016 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Either wrestle, tackle, dodge (sacker) or dodge, block, sure hands. (carrier).
I'd be more inclined to give the former, and leave the carrier/retriever role to a +AG catcher when you roll one.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2016 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I would advise against planning ahead too much. Next skill should be Dodge, because 8347 with +2 leaps. After that, he'll become what your team needs, and your team might not be what it is right now, because +3 leaps.
FTJUK

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2016 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Things slightly complicated by this blitzer rolling +1ag https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11196190.

Still deciding which way to develop him. Sacker with S3 and leaping on +2 is massive.

Then again M8 St3 ball handler is also very good.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2016 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

On that team I think I'd make the catcher handle (because of the +ma), blitzer is better as either a sacker or positional player (Blodge 2+ SS, tackle, guard or make him jugger/frenzy for the awesome 2+ leaping surfs). blitzer is a great sacker with av 8 and JU. However, I prefer to build most or all my blitzers as annoying positional players and end up using linos as sackers in most cases.

The advantage of lino sackers is that wrestle strip or wrestle tackle is easy to get and the player can be expendable - missed that 3+ leap into the cage? Fail and try again! No need to burn the RR on it. Many times you can end up getting the ball loose and still have a RR for that pickup attempt.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2016 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

My initial reaction was to think the +MA is wasted on him after the +ST.
He'd need more solid skills. WIthout the MA he would be obviously better suited as a sacker, but since he does have ma, he can still be a solid carrier. So, I'd Blodge him up for ball action and keep the ability to knock balls loose from a skill-less opponent in the backhand.
 Jump to: