31 coaches online • Server time: 12:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to give the dwarf?
Jump Up - all the mobilities
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Dodge - She's a sturdy girl
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Mighty Blow - Killstack all menz
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Diving Tackle - You sick freak
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Side-Step - I can help you with that
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Horns - I can be missile?
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Tentacles - Only in Japan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Prehensile Tail - Tentacles light
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Other - Comment below
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Pie - There is always an option for Pie
19%
 19%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 36

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2016 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

After finally causing her first casualty (on her 107th block), The Milk Maid proceeded to complete 75% of a Larson to earn her 3rd skill.

She's a member of the Dairy Farm, and has continued the teams insanely good string of doubles rolls. I'm a little at a loss of what to give her, as the options of value are many and varied.

Jump-Up: already have two dwarves with claws that can jump up, but, it's still an amazing skill for slow players, especially those who are on the path to be killers. Full move from the ground, 3+ to block from the ground, added mobility on a guard. There are plenty of reasons to take this skill.

Dodge: would be the 2nd blodger on the team, the other being my primary ball carrier, a rather nasty Centaur. It would make it harder to take her down, but tackle is much more prevalent at 1800+ TV, so the value is a bit diminished. All the same, she'd be a more sturdy guard, keeping an assist upright where others would fall.

Mighty Blow: Ignore the double, and get a 2nd set of claws with MB that's closer to the killstack. This would definitely help her skill faster, though her passive history suggests she might still fail to cause injuries.

Diving Tackle: Better as a 3rd double after dodge and side-step. All the same, it's a skill that can completely change a game. Makes those 4AG players roll a 4+ to escape, which changes how an opponent has to attack a defense.

Side-Step: Always annoying. I control where my assist is moved, can stand along the sideline with less fear of a surf, and makes it easier for a set of claws to mark someone the opposing coach is trying to protect.

Horns: Unassisted blitzes against ST3 players are nice, however, I already have three ST4 players on the team, and the ST4 dwarf would be a better choice for this skill. I also have other players better suited to blitz.

Tentacles: Again, better on my ST4 Dwarf. All the same, it's still a roll, and if she rolls another Double, would make Diving Tackle all the more troublesome. Roll to escape, roll harder to dodge. Would probably be better as a 3rd double skill, if I took diving tackle first

Prehensile Tail: long term, this is more effective than Diving Tackle, and would likely make Diving Tackle an immediate 3rd double skill. While it's only a -1, while Diving Tackle is -2, this keeps her standing whether it works to end my opponent's turn or not.
jdm

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2016 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Retirement

Or sidestep. Sidestep and lots of guard is fab

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2016 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

No real opinion on what you take, but one point: DT isn't a 3rd double, it's a 2nd, because you don't need Dodge and SS to take DT. Just take Dodge, then DT, and SF on a normal.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2016 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
No real opinion on what you take, but one point: DT isn't a 3rd double, it's a 2nd, because you don't need Dodge and SS to take DT. Just take Dodge, then DT, and SF on a normal.
good point, but in this case, it's a3rd, because claws
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2016 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

MB.

then PO

doubles are wasted here.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

probably gonna sit a day or two longer, hope I get a few more opinions
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

P tail for the fun
I think it is better than DT as you don't fall over
Especially annoying when they reroll it
Plus, unlike DT, it stacks. So take it on all your doubles for some fun

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Fortis

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr is right, order matters with Chorfs and if you don't have MB by 16 then you just end up with a Dorf stuck on 16 reserved to bodyguard duty. Try and roll another doubles next or for the fourth skill.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge and hope for another double and side step. Got a dodge SS guard on a dwarf team. Beautiful player and such an annoying little bugger for the opposition to deal with.

DLE College 7s
Odin1981

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd vote JU. It is a really good way to increase your mobility. Also if you only have one cpomber they are shortly (hehehe) fouled to fodder. And a later cpomb with JU is good. Go PO next skill to get the synergies with JU and then get mb to complete the stack.

Since you already have claw as mentioned not having mb isn't as bad. It will still naturally create more injury rolls for chances for SPP but this dwarf will be on a much lower priority for take off the field attention.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle. You are going to be knocking elves down all over the place. Knock them over into a pile, then move this guy in to freeze them from dodging away next turn. Protect the DT guy with one stand firm guard. You've just pinned 2 or 3 elves in place, and you already had them short-handed, most likley.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Diving Tackle. You are going to be knocking elves down all over the place. Knock them over into a pile, then move this guy in to freeze them from dodging away next turn. Protect the DT guy with one stand firm guard. You've just pinned 2 or 3 elves in place, and you already had them short-handed, most likley.
That's one of the best arguments I've ever seen for DT.
I'm honestly starting to lean in that direction, but I'm still not 100% convinced it is the right choice yet
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

CD really don't need diving tackle to play defense, I'd take horns or skip it for MB and then take dauntless later.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In the end, I went with Side-Step
side-stepping guards are very annoying from my experience, and gives me more control on field position.

Thanks everyone
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a Dodge/ss/MB/fend CD blocker (NBFL draft pick, never would have built him otherwise).

Sidestep sounds better than it actually is on him, but dodge and fend make it work. If he didn't have either dodge or fend sidestep would be a big waste when you can just take stand firm anyway.
 Jump to: