42 coaches online • Server time: 17:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a question I've had for quite a while. For instance, my friend's Minotaur, who played one turn, got an MVP that game. Also, one of my zombies on my Necromantic team has gotten 3 MVPs in a row, but he hasn't really done anything remarkable.

So are MVPs luck, skill, or both?
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MVPs are luck, at the end of the game a roll is made for all the players on the team and one will get the MVP.

It's quite handy thing, as it helps skill players that are not involved in the key stuff (blocks, TDs etc...)
easilyamused

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Completely random, don't be surprised when you see it go to either a dead player or a star player.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

MVP are luck because they are assigned randomly to one player from each team who was eligible to play the match.
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Makes sense, I guess. Otherwise, the tough guys would be too tough and the weak guys too weak.
deyempe

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Im of the opinion this could be better managed - there is enough luck/unluck in this game and cmon a loner that dies from being blocked 1st turn who gets MVP for that teams match is not only a royal kick in the teeth but its also completely uninspired and doesnt fit the flavour of an MVP award. IMO if no blocks, passyards, rushyards, SPPs or the like are made during a match then there shouldnt be an MVP. I thin kthe system would be much more mature/elegant if it was calculated based upon merit, its only sensible and i imagine not too difficult to do. Thats how I would do it and imo how it should be done.

but no it is completely random unless your name is Helmut Wulf xD
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Time to pick up the rule book.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there is an optional rule that real-life spectators in tabletop games get to vote... But it's been awhile for me since table top. It may have just been a house rule we used. Either way, obviously that wouldn't work here.
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it random. Nothing funnier than the dead guy getting it. You tend to stare at it for a long time... wishing... wanting... yearning... all for naught...

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
I think there is an optional rule that real-life spectators in tabletop games get to vote... But it's been awhile for me since table top. It may have just been a house rule we used. Either way, obviously that wouldn't work here.
jdm

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played in tabletop league where you nominate 3 players and roll a D3 (or similar flavours to that). These were houserules that were easily open for abuse :s

I do like random though. Fans are a stupid lot, what makes you think they'd make a sensible decision. Or maybe that rookie lineman that sat on your bench all game paid off someone to get mvp to impress a girl he's dating.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The rhyme of MVP:

----------------------
I wonder about the MVP
It seems to make no sense to me.
The player who most scored.
surely gets no award.
It's for one KOed in turn 3
-----------------------

Someone else will need to provide the reason....

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

deyempe wrote:
I thin kthe system would be much more mature/elegant if it was calculated based upon merit, its only sensible and i imagine not too difficult to do. Thats how I would do it and imo how it should be done.

From a fluff perspective it should be awarded for merit.
From a game perspective awarding MVP to the player who earned more SPPs would make teams even more "Stars & Scrubs" than now.
I'd like to award the MVP to the player with the least SPPs (randomizing it only if there are many players with the same number of SPPs).
That would make SPPs spreading more even.
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
The rhyme of MVP:

----------------------
I wonder about the MVP
It seems to make no sense to me.
The player who most scored.
surely gets no award.
It's for one KOed in turn 3
-----------------------

Someone else will need to provide the reason....

tha-... that was beautiful Crying or Very sad
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Happy to please, fivehead!

Wordifying is the things that I betterish than other peoples!