85 coaches online • Server time: 20:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is the best player in Blood Bowl?
Wardancer
60%
 60%  [ 66 ]
Undead Mummy
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Necromantic Werewolf
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Gutter Runner
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
Snotling
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
A piece of FUMBBL pie
15%
 15%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 110

DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My friends and I have this debate regularly, like the pack of geeks that we are. The question is vague by design, as I'm hoping to see what qualities in a player people look for (development possibilities, starting skills, etc.). Its like asking who would win between Vader and Gandolf, or the Keebler Elves and McDonald's crew, but I'm curious about the FUMBBL community's opinion in the matter...

Clearly McDonald... one word... Grimace.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

What player can become the best player? Well wardancer no doubt.

Other positionals have other merits that give them their worth, but wardancer is unparallelled in potential and usability even without development.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Really had my money on snotling... but I guess people just don't see their value/TV...

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wardancer -- but Cow should be in the discussion. Mummy not so much imo.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Wardancer, Vampire or Bull Centaur.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Deathroller ?
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Clearly it's this guy who tops this list.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, lets take debog as the example. He is a vamp, which means he starts with nothing, unlike a wardancer, so you need to build him up.

Now

Lets put a disclaimer on the topic.

#1 Best player types and you can add on +STAT or doubles. Debog is king with 4 +STATS. Now he has weaknesses but overall those stat buffs make him godly. Which of course dove tails into numerous links of Godly Wardancers with 3 or 4 +STATS. So it becomes a circular discussion with no end in sight.

#2 Best player type and you can only take normal skills out to legend. Well, wardancer is nice but if this is the condition put on the player then that opens up the field big time.

Discussing #1, well, to many ifs and buts in that discussion.

IF we are discussing #2 well I will put forward a stellar player with only normal skills.

A slann Blitzer. At 76+ he could have Block,Dodge,Mighty Blow, PileOn and Stand Firm. Leaving his 176+ Skill open for in this case for another normal skill to couple with that build. IMO that build is primo for the Slann blitzer because the skills couple with Jump Up and Diving Tackle. He has fully synergized all his starting skills.

There are more players we could discuss if we put the disclaimer of no STAT or doubles...let me know what you think.

Last edited by PainState on %b %04, %2016 - %00:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

War Dancer is hands down though the #1 best player at 0SPP, there is no need to discuss that.

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampire or Bull Centaur should be up there

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

@DrDiscoSTu

I checked out you fishing and camping blog. Looks like a lot of fun

BUT

I have one issue that I will bring to your attention and you do with it how ever you like.

When you are on a river, beach, swimming pool or any body of water. DO NOT BRING GLASS BOTTLES. If they break, you will never be able to see all the shards in the river bank and bad things will happen to some one or some wildlife.

That is all, camp and fish on man and bring cans next time.

Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Deathroller!

Oscar Wilde
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have a death roller still in the making, he has been in the workshop getting some upgrades. Once he gets to 76+ I might repost to make the case for the death roller.

Meat Wagon III he has the makings of a roller that might make coaches stand up and take notice.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this thread was about me.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblin Pogo, he's just stuck in a really bad team so you can't see it. Halfling Trees are also ludicrously good, it's just a shame about the other 9 players on the pitch.

Considering the teams, Bull Centaurs, because the Chorf/Hob mix are very efficient anyway and the Bulls counteract all their flaws so neatly. Wardancers are cool and all, but there's heaps of elves can do that with a couple skill ups and they lose usefulness as ball carriers get better.

Note the average player does get a double and a +stat somewhere in their six skills, only more than that because those are the players who survive longer when they get some early. Especially in the softer teams with higher player turnover. Debog isn't all that unusual for a legend, is what I'm saying.