39 coaches online • Server time: 15:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How to make the Irritator more irritating?
Dauntless
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Fend
27%
 27%  [ 8 ]
Kick Off Return
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Kick
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Nerves of Steel
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Tackle
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Other delicious Stunty Pie
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 29

Olgrot

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Player in question,
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11208352

Quite unexpectedly, this little ball retriever has lucked out with another double on his skillup. but im not sure what to pick. Any suggestions are welcome Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

What about Leader and dropping 1 rr?
Guard is a good alternative.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow that is interesting. I presume he is your primary ball carrier?

I would be thinking Fend as it will go well with side step which will be his fourth skill
Strip ball could make for an interesting cage buster.
Tackle would go well with SS/DT combo but really I would think SS/S/SF would be the way forward to him
Yeah Guard always handy but really want to keep him alive so probably not
Kick off return worth considering too...

But really for me it would have to be fend.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
thoralf

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd consider Kick. It wins games. Or a passing skill. It wins games too.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard doesn't mean he has to be put in trouble.
If he's inside a cage/half-cage and the cage is attacked his Guard skill will help greatly to assist other team mates blocking away the opponent players.
Faulcon

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely not:
Kick off return (he's already 8ma)
nerves of steel (you don't pass and he's the collector, not the catcher)
leader (this is a double on a guy who only gets ag skills. It's not worth the 30k you save)

OK:
Tackle (mobile blockle sweeper isn't a bad thing to have but he's still st2)
Kick (Very useful against some teams and a skill lizards rarely have the opportunity to get)
Dauntless (same as tackle really)
Guard (gives you an assist to clear the ball carrier every time but aside from that you don't really want him in position to get hit)

My choice:
Fend. He is going to get hit sometimes no matter what you do, fend helps keep him alive and away from tackle zones and piling on especially combined with sidestep.

PS: I hate you for getting 3 doubles on a skink and personally I'd have gone wrestle/tackle/strip ball.
Squiglet

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd consider Pro - gives a chance to re-roll even when you burnt through your TRRs near the end of the match, or already used it previously in the move. Useful for those multiple dodge rolls or when facing tackle - could be a match winner.

However, I would say that you don't have to take the double. I'm guessing that guy will want Sidestep, sprint and sure feet eventually plus any stat increases he may roll, if you take the double now his skill set will not complete fully until Legend.

Of the ones you listed - fend would be the best to keep him alive
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Faulcon, given your reliance on ag4 skinks you may not comprehend (*bam*) but kick off return is more about the free 4+ catch attempt half the time, as picking up on 3+RR sort of sucks

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Olgrot

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers for all the input guys. I think im not gonna take the guard route. This Skink is gonna want to stay away from blocking position as much as possible. Perhaps if i hadnt given him sure hands?

Fend seems to be the safe pick, though not neccesarily the most fun Smile

Quote:
PS: I hate you for getting 3 doubles on a skink and personally I'd have gone wrestle/tackle/strip ball.

Next skink i roll 3 dubs on, i may try that Wink

I'll sleep on it. im leaning toward fend or Kick off return, but i could be swayed another direction.

Cheers again all Very Happy
paradocks

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i've always kinda wanted to try kick off return with catch & diving catch - would be an interesting combo for the uber ball handler. i don't recommend this, just saying i've wanted to do it Smile
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 14:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

strip ball is the only good option Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Faulcon, given your reliance on ag4 skinks you may not comprehend (*bam*) but kick off return is more about the free 4+ catch attempt half the time, as picking up on 3+RR sort of sucks

I don't want to hear that from the guy who relies on his ag4 orc blitzers for everything.

Take kickoff return for a 50% chance at a 50% chance once or twice a game. Or take fend and keep the pomb and the frenzy and the tacklezones away.
thoralf

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Faulcon wrote:
I don't want to hear that from the guy who relies on his ag4 orc blitzers for everything.

In his own thread, no less.

Faulcon wrote:
Take kickoff return for a 50% chance at a 50% chance once or twice a game. Or take fend and keep the pomb and the frenzy and the tacklezones away.

How many times per game does Fend give a chance to stay on the pitch vs a POMBtackler, and how much % is that chance?
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
I'd consider Kick. It wins games. Or a passing skill. It wins games too.

I have to second this. He doesn't need any more doubles for his role as ball carrier, and kick is the kind of skill you (well, I) never get around to taking on a saurus normals.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2016 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Faulcon wrote:
DrDiscoStu wrote:

I do agree that Fend is the best option. And to the OP - Faulcon is a very good lizardman coach who has won 6 titles and 2 interim titles with his side in 64 seasons of SWL. I'd be heeding his advice.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
 Jump to: