34 coaches online • Server time: 09:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, the site now only caches games that are finished. though i would recommend not to overdo it with the "live" stats, as every call also consumes resources on FUMBBL and we do not want to kill this site Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all: Great tool! Very well done.

Personally, I think get block statistics could be improved. At least I, and I assume most fumbblers, would like to use the tool to answer the question: How lucky was I during the game?
The graphs concerning succesful blocks only show the proportion of succesful blocks that were 2 die blocks, 1 die blocks etcetera and that does not answer the fundamental question above. I would have preferred to have it presented as separate graphs for 1-die blocks, 2-dieblocks etctera, where the 1die block graph would present the number of 1-die blocks that were succesful, failures, succesful+failures or neither of them.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

jori3641 wrote:
At least I, and I assume most fumbblers, would like to use the tool to answer the question: How lucky was I during the game?

To me, answering this question depends upon how you value critical rolls in the game. When my team breaks down, I don't care much if later in the game I rolled 5 sixes in a row. To have a machine identify the critical rolls, you'd need an evaluation function. We don't have that kind of thing for BB yet.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

jori3641 wrote:
I would have preferred to have it presented as separate graphs for 1-die blocks, 2-dieblocks etctera, where the 1die block graph would present the number of 1-die blocks that were succesful, failures, succesful+failures or neither of them.

But you can see that now already, you just have to look at the rows for 1db in total, successful and failure, can't you?

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for doing this. Couldn't draw any meaningful informations from it tho. The only success based action displayed is blocks but there it tends to be almost 100% everywhere which I assume is accounting for cases of doubleskulls and such.

So the probably most meaningful information I can draw out of this is who had more doubleskulls.

It would be probably more interesting to see how often somebody got knocked over successfully percentage wise.

Likewise the stats about the d6 rolls are interesting but I'm not sure what to make of it without any information about the success rates of those rolls.

Similarly I'm not sure how to evaluate dice results since a skull together with a pow is pretty meaningless, likewise a pow with a pow is meaningless on a two die. Well, whatever the worse die is...
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if you look at the number of total blocks vs successful blocks you have your knockdown percentage e.g.

But what you are talking about is more a list of all player actions, including armour or injury rolls caused by them etc.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2016 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

This is so clever. However, it is making it clear that i am rubbish at bloodbowl, rather than unlucky. Boo.
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2016 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Thanks for doing this. Couldn't draw any meaningful informations from it tho. The only success based action displayed is blocks but there it tends to be almost 100% everywhere which I assume is accounting for cases of doubleskulls and such.

So the probably most meaningful information I can draw out of this is who had more doubleskulls.

It would be probably more interesting to see how often somebody got knocked over successfully percentage wise.

Likewise the stats about the d6 rolls are interesting but I'm not sure what to make of it without any information about the success rates of those rolls.

Similarly I'm not sure how to evaluate dice results since a skull together with a pow is pretty meaningless, likewise a pow with a pow is meaningless on a two die. Well, whatever the worse die is...

It may be worth looking at oneandskulls for BB2 (Though I can't find the link or the exact name...). Not that oneandskulls is better, but it does break out more actions into more distributions, which is something some people here are looking for.

I think this is great just for seeing the distributions, I ran it on my last few losses, and from my memory what tanked me in them, and yep, my memory wasn't totally wrong. In one I had 50% of my 1d rolls as 1s and 2s (and I wasn't playing elfs) and I remembered failing so many dodges and gfis in that game.

In another I couldn't knock down the opponent at all, and yep I had combined 15% POW and DS (though I had very few blocks anyway, which was also part of the problem).

So while this cool tool doesn't really directly answer questions about absolute 'luck' within a match, or track failures vs. expected success rates (that's the one I think most people want, at least for dodges/gfis/pass/catch) it can still show you if your distributions were out of whack.

I do like the injury tables, the armor one's too, but it's hard to know if the 8s and 9s were armor breaks or not depending on who you played Smile
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2016 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like there's an issue at the moment.
Joost

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2016 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, when clicking on the dice icon I get the message that stats aren't available yet. Anybody else have the same issue?
Calthor

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2016 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Works for me, but I /just/ installed it.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2016 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I have it since yesterday, in the fumbbl integrated version

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2016 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Same here. Fumbbbl integrated version.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
Jip

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2016 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just getting into FUMBBL (so don't have a 100% grasp of the mechanics), but this seems a great evaluation tool, thanks!

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2016 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Tampermonkey addon took about 5 seconds to install, script even less. Bloody brilliant work sir!

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
 Jump to: