18 coaches online • Server time: 07:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Why do you FUMBBL?
Christer has a CPOMB key on his keyboard and I fear for my life
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
My goal in life is to skew Dode's stats
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
Pythr's tumor became self aware and will hunt me if I quit
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Licker will track me down and throttle me like a rented Hobo
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
________ must be defeated (fill in your own user)!
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
I came for the Blood Bowl, but I stayed for the pie.
54%
 54%  [ 39 ]
Total Votes : 71

DarthPhysicist

Post 10 Posted: Jun 23, 2016 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say, I have enjoyed every moment of FUMBBL. Other forums have such a negative atmosphere but the people on FUMBBL are different. Maybe its because the FUMBBLers are more interested in Blood Bowl than being d**ches, maybe they aren't as uptight, or maybe its just my point of view, but thanks FUMBBLers. This site is so much fun and I attribute it to the users.

Why do you FUMBBL?

(All users mentioned in the poll are mentioned in honor Very Happy I misspelled pythrr... its too late)
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx must be defeated! Repeatedly!

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 00:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

/me does a pythrr Fix.
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

A certain Saw on a Chain beat me like a whipped mule multiple times when I first started. Even has some bragging in his about section when he beat me like 7-0 with rats.(After like three blitzes) I will one day destroy him and his will to ever play again!!!
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

No one is afraid of Pythrr's tumor... I find that hard to believe... it became self aware at 2:14am EST...

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's partly down to the person. Some coaches have said that FUMBBL is negative. At times it can be, I know I can be. I have a hard time tolerating what I consider BS.

The reasons though that you feel as you do I believe are 3 fold.

Firstly, I think the community here is more mature than most.

Secondly, this evolves around a game that is free to play and community driven. Members have to behave, that's mandatory. The game isn't financially or number driven so there is no reason to keep douches around.

Thirdly, I think a lot of it is experience. BB is an old game and coaches here tend to be fairly experienced. They've seen most things.........which also has it's bad points. The forums do tend to be bereft of new and exciting concepts (Ok I understand the irony of that considering we just have been given an amazingly new and exciting concept!)
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard the negative comments about FUMBBL and have had the exact opposite experience. I come here and largely the people are good humored and complain less. There's the perennial Claw discussion of course (or TV+ fireworks) but no matter your side in the argument, its about making the game better, whether you agree with it or not.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

For me, forum douchery is easy to tolerate (even enjoy), but in-game douchery is not. Much seems to depend on what time of day you tend to get your games in.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
/me does a pythrr Fix.

what, what?

whenever anyone "does a pythrr", that's another 7 cents in my retirement fund! gotta love capitalism!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
whenever anyone "does a pythrr", that's another 7 cents in my retirement fund!

And an angel gets its wings.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done for reminding of us the need to praise FUMBBL pie.
Contemplating conSPIROcies also has its merits.

Despite some n'erdowells around at one time or another, and some pointless arguments, it is overall an exceptional community. The troll count is relative low as the interwebs goes, and there is no heckling about the referendum Razz Although an lrb deviation could be a good referendum. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, FUMBBL seems to be one of the few bastions of gaming left that hasn't been completely infiltrated and overrun by 12 year olds.

And where else can you get banned for simply calling somebody a 'lamer' in PM Smile
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I come here for the chicks

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I came for the ranked, but got picked something chronic.
I returned for the blackbox, and lost about 50 games straight, with stunties at least.
I stayed for the league, and still love my goblins, vamps, ogres, and so on.
I even play tournies now, and even win the odd game or three.

But the pie, the fluff, the silly teams, the bomb duplication bug, this place, it's just good fun.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I came here to re-instigate a childhood love of this wacky game and I stick around for two main reasons:

First: Friends in league play.

I've developed some pretty decent online friendships that have evolved into actually meeting folks and furthering that camraderie. I hope to do more. League play is, IMO, where this game shines.

Second: To keep my chops up.

I am not very good. I'm kinda good... mostly a risky bullshit coach, but that's what I find fun. So seeking fun is my undoing, but keeping in practice allows me to know where and when I can get away with pushing the envelope. And getting together with real live humans in social places is a tad harder with two kids, a wife and a full time job. So FUMBBL is a blessed and time saving opportunity for fun and games. I am constantly thankful for it Smile
 Jump to: