29 coaches online • Server time: 08:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Why do you FUMBBL?
Christer has a CPOMB key on his keyboard and I fear for my life
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
My goal in life is to skew Dode's stats
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
Pythr's tumor became self aware and will hunt me if I quit
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Licker will track me down and throttle me like a rented Hobo
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
________ must be defeated (fill in your own user)!
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
I came for the Blood Bowl, but I stayed for the pie.
54%
 54%  [ 39 ]
Total Votes : 71

oozeboss

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I came (back) as a result of a direct plug for the SWL on the WargamerAU site.

I flirted for a while with participating in Ranked and engaging widely on these forums, but when some keyboard cowards young enough to be my grandchildren flexed their misplaced sense of superiority, I basically grew very tired very quickly of the general banter.

I now almost exclusively hang around SWL where both halves of the equation tend to understand my sense of humour (and I, equally their's), so when (/ if) the charm of the SWL wears off (or there is no active League in which I am playing), I'll probably wander off again, muttering away.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Playing: 99% HUBBA league for now.
Rest (forum, blogs): tactically strong (but often jaded) coaches, mostly friendly folks, habit.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I came to FUMBBL to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I woz told ter join Fumbbl az part o me kommunity service. Stoopid publik indecency lawz...
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Thirdly, I think a lot of it is experience. BB is an old game and coaches here tend to be fairly experienced. They've seen most things.........which also has it's bad points. The forums do tend to be bereft of new and exciting concepts (Ok I understand the irony of that considering we just have been given an amazingly new and exciting concept!)

Yeah I think a lot has to do with average coach age and maturity Smile

Last edited by Roland on %b %24, %2016 - %09:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a great game and the overwhelming majority of play experiences are very positive. I like the no-nonsense functionality of the client. I like the official tournament scene, even the CRP haters agree that CRP has been a boost to the tournament scene. There's some great stuff going on in League, especially at the moment, so I already know what I'll do once my "TOP25" project of this year is finished, one way or another. And speaking of the TOP25, I think it's amazing that some people just step up and add something great for the site, Secret League being the thing of the week but there's also sonrises with his TOP25 or e.g. Candlejack's dice stats, or Elyoukey's action calculator (well not strictly a Fumbbl resource but still), or koadah's metagroup scoring, or Shraaaag's scripts, Purplegoo's NAF Online, akaRenton's "welcome Rookies" PM, all the guys offering to make logos for you if you can't do it yourself (one guy even made a logo for me once without me even asking)... the community is really great even if the forums don't always reflect it.

Also, the improvements made by Christer and the Admins over time. Box Scheduler change has been a mixed blessing but overall I think it has had a positive effect, the Box is in pretty good shape, rumours of its death had been greatly exaggerated. XFLs and RRRs opening to Box teams. Or the new "tourney start" PMs being sent out by the tourney admins, a little thing that goes a long way. And now the custom rosters which are absolutely huge.
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a Jeffro clone !
but with only one kid Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not about the profit but about the game. That's the magic formula.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no life outside FUMBBL...

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Came here because not that many people play locally, that's grown because well, I've helped push leagues and tournaments. While here got drugged and forced to play in HUBBA, from there I've been further pushed into slavery to keep my habit levels and made to run HUBBA2.
kummo

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I came here because it was free and available

I stayed here because of community

I didn't think i'd do leagues.. until i did. I think leagues are the one thing that gives the needed longevity i needed to stay.. something to stick on. (I like how Hubba 2 is more of fun playground and DLE is as much as "sport manager simulation" as possible with drafting and junior leagues where upcoming stars are being developed)

Pie is good.
Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It is a good community. There's definitely some negativity but for the most part it's a positive experience. A few bad eggs in a sea full of eggs isn't so bad though and the fact that you can make fluff icons, logos, bios and play games in a number of formats on here just makes it a blast.

Having the forums, blogs and 99% nice folks definitely helps make it a warmer place to visit as well. Cheers!

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

So it looks like Christer's CPOMB key and Dode's stats are the most lethal thing in the poll (pie is known safe). Pythrr's tumor is less frightening than initially thought but apparently blow's away any threat from licker.

However I realized, Pythrr's avatar left me questioning if Pythrr was in fact a tumor that lives on someone else... Is he Dode's tumor?

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

you ask too many questions, scientist man

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump to: