60 coaches online • Server time: 15:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

First SL major coming soon.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm mostly with Garion on the Bretonnians, even though I think SL Brets are even more OP than Cyanide Brets. Cyanide Brets at least develop funny.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
I'm mostly with Garion on the Bretonnians

Me too. I'd probably change a few bits. But I think he's got positionals and specialities spot on.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

peasants 0-16
6327 30k G:SAP

squires /yeoman 0-2
6338 Fend, Sure Hands 70k GP:SA

Blocker 0-2 (call him something fluffy if you prefer Knight Blocker, or WFB names etc..)
4429 Fend GS 90k

Blitzer 0-4 (call him something fluffy if you prefer Knight Blitzer, or WFB names etc..)
7338 Block Catch, Dauntless 110k GS

I like this idea better.

Quick question. This has been bugging me. I see it spelled 'Nautican' & I can't help thinking it's supposed to be spelled 'NAUTICIAN' w/ an 'I' in there. Am I wrong???

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

no its NAUTICAN like NAUTICAL

possibly should be NAUTICAN't ....oooooh snap..... Cool
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Only when they try to dodge out Very Happy
mekutata

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

he guys, so secret league is nice,

many khemri like teams, skeleton pirates with saws, ok, never seen before
but why are there no undead goblins??
a goblin team with regen would really change them, also i personally don't enjoy non stunties with secret weapons. a weak goblin becoming danger for friends and enemies because of a ball and a chain, hilarious, the suicidal aspect is what makes them a sensation. so undead goblins probably shouldn't have access to them. but this is just personal taste.

still, might make the league famous enough to be no more secret.

and half orcs? why do they have tackle? did these orcs sleep with dwarves?

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The half orc roster is a direct translation from 1 st edition to 3rd edition stats lines . The rationale is on each page if you want to read it Smile

Last edited by Garion on %b %01, %2016 - %08:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

13th and 14th races to reach 100 games

Tilea 106 games
57.55% win percentage
Average cas for and against 2.41 1.67

Daemons of Nurgle 106 games
50% win percentage
Average cas for and against 2.3/2.5

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a mistake on Clan Mors
I finally managed to level up the Warlord he is supposed to have G and S access on normal but he has G and P
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Huh. Thanks fixed now

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a bit surprised that neither earth nor water elemental have reached 100 games yet. Mind if I ask how far off they are? I thought they were both pretty popular rosters...
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbldata.azurewebsites.net/statssl.html
Earth are 10 games away.
Water 60 games.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

This "no Apothecary for Elementals" thing, it's getting really, really frustrating. A team like this will generally have a numbers advantage, so the Apoth is a player saver: it's 2/3 effective. Every single time I get an Earth Elemental up to Guard, he gets killed or retired within a game or two. Earth Elementals are too slow to score with, so building them up mostly means hoping the MVPs fall in the right places. (Yes, you can garbage comp with them, and they get more Cas than Zombies do because the team doesn't have any Wights and only has one big who doesn't start with MB, so you block with whoever. They still go up slow.) Then they get Block or Guard. Then they get into the thick of the action and get themselves targeted and killed. I can handle the attrition in money terms, and in the gamefinder, the attrition isn't so bad 'cuz every time you lose a good player you're facing a weaker opponent as a result. But I'd never play this team in a perpetual scheduled league. No way. They're not just slow to develop, they're hard to keep together.

I do understand the fluff. I also think there's a place for two of the four Elemental races: they can compete in the right environment (read: open perpetual). But it's very hard to build a team, even an armor team, with neither Apo nor Regen.

In the interest of not sounding like a broken record, this will be the last time I bring it up. But I want to make absolutely extra certain that my complaint has been lodged, and given that there's only 40 games played so far with Water Elementals, I just know for a fact that I can't be the only one who finds this frustrating. It was "intriguing" when I made the team. It was "interesting" when it started influencing my development curve. But now it's already "frustrating" and I'm only 12 games in with the team. And I'm taking only about 2/3 as many Cas as the average Earth Elemental team, there are a lot of coaches I'm sure who are having it even harder.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Your Win record is 8/2/2 so what's the issue here? Losing a player now and then is normal in all teams. I still think you're massively overstating the effects of an apo in terms of teams development. of course it will have some impact but I think you are scapegoating a little tbh.

I most often use my apo on BH, obviously I can't speak for yourself but what would be an interesting exercise for you is each game pretend you have 1 apo and decide when you would use it and roll a d6 and see the outcome. I doubt there would be very much difference in the outcome tbh. Once you taken out the ko and bh uses plus fails or even saving up for a more important players but not using it in the game.
 Jump to: