45 coaches online • Server time: 19:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Next skill?
Leap
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Sure Hands
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Side step
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Jump Up
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Tackle
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Pass Block
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kick-off Return
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pie
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all!

Arrogant Wisecracking Roguish Hero currently has Blodge and AG5, and has rolled a normal skill for his next level-up.

What should I pick?

He's the team ball carrier and scores most of our TDs. Leap (followed by strip ball) is the obvious choice, but I am worried this is going to eat my rerolls and lead to me making dangerous plays that will reduce his lifespan.

Side step seems most sensible. Sure hands and jump up could also be useful, and pass block seems like it could be a lot of fun. Kick-off return or tackle could be handy, but I feel it's probably better to take these later in development.

Animosity means making him a passer is probably not a great idea (unless I swap our Ulfwerener for a HE catcher at some stage?).

Any thoughts? Thanks for reading!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably should be trying to make him a sacker. Leap, tackle, strip ball. A halfling with diving tackle/side step might help him lock down opponents.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure I would prioritize Leap with AG5, as he can dodge through tackle zones so easily anyway. Tackle, Sidestep or Sure Hands would be good. I voted Tackle, 'cause you don't have one on the team yet and he's your fastest player, so you can turn him into a sacker.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The skills I mentioned weren't in any particular order. I'd agree with tackle or strip ball first. The threat of leap is fairly potent though.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the player names. =)
I'd go with leap, then tackle, but couldn't fault you for flipping the order of the two.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Not many times when you turn down leap on a blodged Ag5 player. The extra maneuverability will serve him extremely well until he gets tackle or strip ball when he will start to become a menace. Even the threat of leap will make your opponent play differently, they won't want to sideline cage for example. Not long until 51 spp either.

Leap won't eat rrs as long as you use sensibly (don't leap until critical moments). Tackle for the Berserker in 2 spp time if you are desperate.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I use HE blitzer as a runner for my Tilean team. Due to animosity it is a running game only. So this guy has to do the distance. Also this guy is a baller, not a blitzer or a sacker. I would probably take leap to score from anywhere no matter the screens.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap.
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks everyone, for all your comments and helpful advice. I can confirm that the Christiano Ronaldo of [SL] now has leap. Tackle or Sidestep will probably be next, but let's jump off that bridge when we come to it. Smile
 Jump to: