38 coaches online • Server time: 18:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Punctuation matters but if it doesn't to someone do you really care about those person's opinions?
buuface

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Dach wrote:
seen way worse... seen a orc team with 4 diving tackle black orc somewhere...

sounds awesome
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

@OP: No, you're probably not (although that ST7 mummy makes you wonder). What your opponent described isn't cheating. It's not farming (which is cheating I'd guess) but minmaxing is frowned upon but it doesn't look like you even did THAT. You have several skilled linemen, 3 RRs, nope that's not the case.

@MattDaka: dude, play nice.
@Dach: Worse? Like buuface says: awesome!

Grognards... ts ts ts.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, St7 block mummy is cheating, it must be.

Wink
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:
Farming is not equated to firing/rehiring. Farming would be that you only play against all halflings or all snot teams in a preconstructed way, just so you could get spp.

licker wrote:
Even that isn't really farming.

It's just extreme picking.

I dunno, to me usually when I hear the term "farmed team" it suggests the middle ground, third way where you do both.

That is to say, you play exclusively against favourable opposition (via either coaching ability or racial matchup, or simply in terms of suiting whatever goals you have), and cycle through positionals who don't get the skills you want (doubles/stats).

You of course do what farming actually is - front loading the spp onto positionals/key players - during those games.

Is it that cheating? It's probably extremely lame to take it to such extremes, but there's usually at least one team in every major that exists after being crafted in such a fashion.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Your opponent has clearly never used an undead team for long.

Unless you get lucky with MVP's skilling up zombies can be really hard. Most of the time they just sit there and get hit meaning they throw few blocks. If you are lucky enough to dominate an opponent then you can try scoring with them.

Zombies with block and guard are fantastic whilst mummies only really have 1 decent normal skill choice so i'd certainly want a more even spread on undead than with other crp teams. Mind you, your mummies are pretty sick even if they were from a lrb4 team originally.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't this boil down to

"I won't accept that someone beat me legitimately, they had some advantage I didn't have access to ergo they're bad and my ego remains intact despite the results"
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Your opponent has clearly never used an undead team for long.

Unless you get lucky with MVP's skilling up zombies can be really hard. Most of the time they just sit there and get hit meaning they throw few blocks. If you are lucky enough to dominate an opponent then you can try scoring with them.

Zombies with block and guard are fantastic whilst mummies only really have 1 decent normal skill choice so i'd certainly want a more even spread on undead than with other crp teams. Mind you, your mummies are pretty sick even if they were from a lrb4 team originally.

Yeah, this is also very true when case-specific for undead (semi-applies to necro as well) - you will get of course get mvp and random cas on zombies, and occasionally try a pass with them if you're really feeling flush, but the truth of the matter is, their skill progress is somewhat random while you have some control over the other positionals (scoring, block/blitz priority, skill access/starting skills leading to better spp generating base).

The OPs team aren't lrb4 hold-overs, but he hasn't fired mummies either. He's just been incredibly lucky with skill/stat rolls on them. But then I think if you play enough games of blood bowl, everyone ends up with a few players like that eventually - it's just with a regen team it's somewhat easier to keep them around.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

No you are not cheating.

I find it a bit odd that you have fired skilless zombies but if that is how you want to manage your team and TV then go for your life.

It just looks like your better players have picked up more skills than your line fodder zombies, which is not unusual in any way.

Every coach tries their best to keep giving SPP's to the right players you have just done it better.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If your not unlucky/horrible you HAVE to fire zombies if you don't want to end up with 16 players.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

St7 mummy might have just made your opponent lose his mind a little. I'd pay it no mind and just play the game.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

If this is about your last game, where your oppo conceded on turn 2 after you niggled his claw,mb CD blocker, don't worry. You are not doing anything wrong.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I got accused of the same, but then the person I was playing couldn't have known that I'd taken 7 deaths and 2 permanent SI's in my last 11 games, which had effectively destroyed my bench and my bank.

Just checked and in 89 games I've had 22 deaths on the team not counting apo's.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=pastplayers&team_id=846588
mawph

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
yes, St7 block mummy is cheating, it must be.

Wink

Not quite cheating - he has (so far) passed on break tackle (which would be crazy awesome for ST7 Block mummy Shocked )
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought "farming" was when you are dominating play and start making passes or safety net for a hand off to an AG2 (1) player to score. I hadn't realised that picking was part of the farming process and that I have been enabling more farmers than the UK government...