47 coaches online • Server time: 00:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Marasai

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

So I've made a lot of poor plays on the pitch lately, and I seem to keep getting worse and worse. How does one clear their head and get off tilt. It's like every game I start anymore I'm already on tilt.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Take a few days off?

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Done that, come back, still on tilt, still playing badly
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

foul mens in balls.

seriously, change up what you are aiming to achieve. have some fun. make this game's goal passing the ball 3 times. or killing their goblin. or whatever.

Last edited by pythrr on %b %14, %2016 - %06:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Marasai wrote:
I seem to keep getting worse and worse. How does one clear their head and get off tilt.

Fouling...it's good for the soul.

Stop trying to win...just foul stuff.

You're welcome.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
foul mens in balls.

#$%#$& you beat me to it...by a hair!

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

You're probably not getting worse, just better at noticing your less optimal plays by the experience of what happened after you did that same thing last time.

Check a few really old replays of yours, you should notice how much better you're playing now. Of course, familiar opponents are getting better at the same time, so not everything is roses.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
pythrr wrote:
foul mens in balls.

#$%#$& you beat me to it...by a hair!

... by a testicle.

not sure whose it is tho...

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in terms of general box or ranked play, I'd simply not play games until you genuinely want to play one. With league play obviously that isn't always an option simply because scheduling may not give you enough time off, but that's one of the commitments to playing league - doing so when you might not really 100% feel like it.

In terms of what you can do in game - approach each match as a singular entity.
Easier said than done, but it really doesn't help anyone to think "here we go again". And as said by Pythrr - set some goals: if it's a league and you're out of contention both in league and in-game, start trying to get some spp on positionals in a way that doesn't throw the game further, or if it's more your thing, try to perm someone you don't want to face later/next season.

Also remember that recognising your own poor plays are the first step to avoiding them! Make adjustments based on what you've seen/done that didn't work - and also pay a bit of attention to the turns surrounding them - sometimes it isn't the "big error" that we made that is the problem, it's the symptom of gradually aimless/loose play that an opponent has been slowly gaining on.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

AD is spot on. Couldn't say it better myself.
SpecialOne

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a a streak with 1 win in 16 games. After I looked at my mistakes, and got some help from random opponents that pointet out some common error, I got 12 game noneloosing streak.

Some of my errors was making suboptimal Blocks first, instead of the important stuff. Not remembering to stand up unimportant players first. Making silly dicerolls that was not needed(1 dice Blocks without block, silly GFI not really needed, ect). Really the simple stuff. Look at how you do things, and how your opponent does things. Maybe, just maybe that can give you a hint to where it goes wrong for you.

Good luck on your journey!
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Analyze your games and replay them afterwards. If you're on a losing streak, try to understand why you lost the game and what you would do differently if you played it again. I think one of the toughest things for newcomers to this game trying to improve (not that you're necessarily a newcomer), is figuring out when you lost a game because of dice, or when you lost it because you made a mistake/played poorly. Or, maybe it was just a bad roster matchup (e.g. low TV Chaos vs Zons). It takes practice and experience to be able to do that well.

Ultimately, all you can do is play the best game you can and accept the dice that you get.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Analyze your games and replay them afterwards.

This.

Also, spectate game featuring top coaches and watch their replays. Especially using teams similar to yours.

Play 145 Club!

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Also watching someone else play that commentates what he is doing.

Watching replay of someone else play might be good but sometimes you are thinking "why did he move THAT guy THERE".. streamers and tubers might tell that, replays never say it. When spectating fumbbl games live there might be spectators analyzing match (rare occasion tho).

Analyzing own games might be good thing to do as well but doesn't fit everyone. I for myself don't learn watching my own games. I already know my weaknesses. For me watching my own games is like "i mispositioned that guy there" or "i should have moved that guy first", "oh i moved that guy to be on my own way".. i already see my mistakes when i make them 1st time and try to learn from it.. but these 1hour matches allow focus to shatter and go to "auto"-mode where i don't think my turns thru.. and that allows me to misplace my players or not-to-see-exploits. But i'm sure that it would work for most or at least for some.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Once you realize you are on tilt, then you are NOT on tilt. You could be deconcentrated, angry, or whatever, but you are not on tilt. I suggest to look for ways to improve your tactics. Watching replays about races you play, situations you encounter helps. Watch how others approach it, and try to understand the advantages and disadvantages. If no idea, then ask.