36 coaches online • Server time: 04:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Foad

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we not just have anyone involved remove there post?

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Luohghcra wrote:
From the Desk of the Commish...

Just a (further) reminder to all that Channel BB! is our in-character, fluff forum, and not the place for out of character (OOC) comments. An incredible amount of history and background has gone into the forum since its inception in June 2004, so it would be a shame to have that marred by the occasional OOC remark.

***Did you know...? There have been over two-hundred thousand views of the Channel BB! forum, and as of this moment, 974 comments?***

This is a very good point guys. When I started the Channel BB Thread was way back when we had wrapped third season and were about to get into 4th and I didnt want to see all these fantastic posts people were doing get lost in the season threads. Its a living history of the rivalries and personalities of FUMBBL's greatest league EVER!!!

I love going back and reading a few seasons worth here and there and its the talented people among you that have kept it running and kept it such a fantastic read.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Chavo wrote:
Can we not just have anyone involved remove there post?

Or rewrite it in the style that Channel BB has become...

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Who broke character? Those apologies, bribes, compensation and reparations were made by the All Star selection committee, not by me (the committee is me, but for the purposes of Channel BB, the character is a committee).

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

No one I know. You would know if I thought you had cause I'd pm you grizzling at you to go back and fix it. I assume it was a general pronouncement

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2016 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

JoeKano wrote:
You would know if I thought you had cause I'd pm you grizzling at you to go back and fix it.

This is true.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2016 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl Cup

Liked the excitement of the Bob Borc Cup?

Unfortunately its almost a year until next time, but if you want the 2nd best thing you will have noticed the Fumbbl Cup accepting applications right now.

"This is the one major of the year it is expected all coaches on FUMBBL throw in a team and battle it out on the grid iron." -Milford

I'm bringing Humans, what about you?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Tomay

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2016 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

[large]SWL TIME HAS CHANGED DUE TO DAYLIGHT SAVINGS, PLEASE BE AWARE[/large]

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2016 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Fumbbl Cup

Liked the excitement of the Bob Borc Cup?

Unfortunately its almost a year until next time, but if you want the 2nd best thing you will have noticed the Fumbbl Cup accepting applications right now.

"This is the one major of the year it is expected all coaches on FUMBBL throw in a team and battle it out on the grid iron." -Milford

I'm bringing Humans, what about you?

The only team I would have brought would have been the Sun Gods. But they are now gone.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2016 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The Fumbbl Cup loses me on the whole 'R or B teams only'. Haven't had a R team in years, and never played B

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2016 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It occurred to me that (at 5-2-9) these Revolutionaries have had the poorest first 16 games of any of my teams since the Reptiles (my first in SWL). The Ruffians were 8-4-4 atthis stage. The Rodents: 7-6-3

But...
They're a lot better than the Reptiles, who started 1-0-15, and by their 20th game were 1-1-18. From that poin t onward though they played another 44 games, and in those their record was 21-8-15. They won their way into Conferences, and then into Prem eligibility (the Prem season was cancelled because of the transition to CRP, but that's beside the point. They earnt their way in).

I appreciate that this is perhaps of little interest to anyone else, and ancient history to most of you, but the point I'm trying to make is... there's time to turn things around. If your new team is struggling, or you're new to SWL and finding your feet, stick it out. The wheel turns.

(edit inspired by Suttbutt, to make it less self-centred and more useful for motivating others)

Last edited by Redgum on %b %03, %2016 - %10:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
suttbutt

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2016 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Redgum wrote:
It occurred to me that (at 5-2-9) these Revolutionaries have had the poorest first 16 games of any of my teams since the Reptiles (my first in SWL).
But they're a lot better than the Reptiles, who started 1-0-15.
Ruffians: 8-4-4
Rodents: 7-6-3

I appreciate that this is probably of little interest to anyone else, but the point I'm trying to make is... time to turn things around.

All of them still started better than Hostile Kiddies IV

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2016 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

suttbutt wrote:
Redgum wrote:
But they're a lot better than the Reptiles, who started 1-0-15.

All of them still started better than Hostile Kiddies IV

HKIV were at 2-3-11 after 16. Far superior to Reptiles.
(and they then won their next 2!)

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2016 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha you made your way to prem though!

Still yet to make that leap

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2016 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Also consider that the most decorated team in SWL history didn't win a premier title until season 26. Given they started in the first season as part of the expansion division conservative estimates would put that at over 150 games (allowing for 6 team divisions in the early seasons and a forfeit here or there).
 Jump to: