33 coaches online • Server time: 00:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2016 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here's a further update on where we are with the SLUMBBL Cup prediction scores (thanks for that one a couple of days ago, tussock):

Here is what we have so far:

Last 16:

Kingdom of Ind
Zoat
Sea Elf
Hobgoblin
Von Carstein
Clan Moulder
Clan Eshin
Half Orc
Daemons of Malal

Quarter Finals:

Water Elemental
Von Carstein
Half Orc
Rasetra
Dryad

Semi-Finals:

Cathay
Slayer

Teams in bold are still in the tourney.

And here are the current coach standings:

Manzoo is in the lead with 6 points
ImpactedAnimal 5
sheepycollins 5
JellyBelly 4
MachJacob 4
Quarion8 4
ahalfling 3
AutoAxpert 3
tussock 2
badenprinz 1
Arktoris 0
Lorebass 0

Coaches in bold have races that are still in the tourney, so their scores can still increase. For most, that is by virtue of the Von Carstein team in the quarter-finals. sheepycollins is the only one so far who has picked one of the semi-finalists (Slayer). Manzoo (the current leader) also has Zoat; and MachJacob and badenprinz have the Sea Elf team. So, if one of those teams does better than the Von Carstein, we could see a late surge from those guys.

As tussock mentioned, many people backed the two Nippon teams and Brettonians; however not a single one of those made it to the last 16. As expected, Von Carstein were the obvious pick to do well, although Half-Orc are the only other roster that had two teams in the last 16, which might come as a bit of a surprise.

Anyway, good luck to the teams that are still in the tourney and I'll post another update once we know the finalists Very Happy

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Manzoo

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2016 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah go zoats😁

Wait..What? Slayers in the semis!
I thought they were one of the worst teams.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2016 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a minute. A bunch of people are depending on my Von Carsteins? Sorry to break it to you, but I have about a zero chance of beating those Half-Orcs. That spam tackle is insane.

I mean, BOBs are 4429 for 80k. Half-Orc Blockers are 5428 for 80k. That's a straight up mv for av swap. Totally normal and the right cost. Oh wait, the Half-Orcs ALSO get Tackle for the same cost?? WTH?

I didn't make any predictions, but Half-Orcs advancing this far doesn't surprise me at all. They absolutely wreck any team that relies on a bit of dodge.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2016 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

@Sigmar1: I have to admit I hadn't really given the Half-Orc roster too much consideration before this tourney. But, now you mention it, they are basically normal Orcs with a bit less armour, for more movement and spam Tackle, for what looks like a very competitive price.

Anyway, good luck in your Quarter Final - I'm sure your vamps will be capable of giving those orc mongrels a good thrashing! would be a good one to watch Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Harad

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2016 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, they did for my vamps. They are vampire kryptonite.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2016 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, just as I thought, I got my ass handed to me by bassista's HOrcs.

I knew it would be a tough match, and that to have a chance I'd need some decent luck. I wasn't expecting the total Nuffling I got though. Wow. Brutal.