90 coaches online • Server time: 21:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

bassista wrote:
I like the idea. probably i'll join it later on, now i have few time.

If I can make a suggestion, why don't you create teams just to concede against em? It's just to avoid spread of MVPS. Something similar happened with BB7, if i remember correctly.
Actually, that's what we've been doing.

Honestly, the mvp is meaningless here for quite some time
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Great, thanks!

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
I'm not asking too much, just one game a week

One game isn't much. The problem is it has to be one game at the same time as the other guy can play his one game.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2016 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Due to a suggestion from another coach, Starting skills, and SPP advancement have been drastically altered. See first post for details, and other changes.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2016 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

So I guess our all-legend teams should be retired (or at least their current players)?

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2016 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still banging on about rerolls and stuff before I decide whether to join, I'm afraid. If I have this right, coaches can start with 8 rerolls and max FF, cheerleaders and coaches, for no change to the inducements they give away or receive? So all teams in this league will have 8 rerolls and max starting FF and support staff?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2016 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Most teams are taking 3-5 re rolls, but mac fan factor is allowed, as arecruiters 8 re rolls, and all the coaches and cheerleaders you desire
jordinoboy

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2016 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
I'm still banging on about rerolls and stuff before I decide whether to join, I'm afraid. If I have this right, coaches can start with 8 rerolls and max FF, cheerleaders and coaches, for no change to the inducements they give away or receive? So all teams in this league will have 8 rerolls and max starting FF and support staff?

This is a guy with terrible luck here, if I can fail it I usually do, but more than 5-6 rerolls is pointless, almost certainly, and that's for teams like khemeri, and just starting. By even the new start of level four you'll almost certainly have enough re-roll skills you shouldn't need more than 4-5 dice. most won't be used. pass and catch for the free re-roll there, no agile player will use re-rolls because of dodge, block/ wrestle will mitigate block dice re-rolls, sure hands means no ball pick up re-roll.

as for support, most of that isn't that helpful, hardly worth spending TV on, maybe fan factor, but that's about it

worrying about teams having too many re-rolls shouldn't really be that much of a concern honestly, better to worry about all the evil teams people will get. strength 6 tentacles chaos warriors are much scarier, and we know someone will roll it.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The matches I played in, you still needed 4+ RR to deal with the extra Tackle, Fend, Wrestle, Side-step, foul appearance, etc. than normal. I would go for max fan factor myself as any gold you don't spend will just slowly disappear at such high TV. I like the +FAME edge you get for re-rolls, etc. myself.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
So I guess our all-legend teams should be retired (or at least their current players)?

I would think the teams would be retired as the rule-set has changed. Anti?
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and I like this change (players start at star level instead of legend). I think it gives the players some room to grow, and losing a player means introducing a (relatively) rookie player onto the team.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
Rabe wrote:

I would think the teams would be retired as the rule-set has changed. Anti?
for league play, certainly.
For one off games and exhibition, keep em if you want
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay. Would it be alright to retire all my current players after another click-through and hire a completely new bunch? I know I would run out of money way faster, but I'd be able to keep the team (name). Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

jordinoboy wrote:
pokrjax wrote:

This is a guy with terrible luck here, if I can fail it I usually do, but more than 5-6 rerolls is pointless, almost certainly, and that's for teams like khemeri, and just starting. By even the new start of level four you'll almost certainly have enough re-roll skills you shouldn't need more than 4-5 dice. most won't be used. pass and catch for the free re-roll there, no agile player will use re-rolls because of dodge, block/ wrestle will mitigate block dice re-rolls, sure hands means no ball pick up re-roll.

as for support, most of that isn't that helpful, hardly worth spending TV on, maybe fan factor, but that's about it

worrying about teams having too many re-rolls shouldn't really be that much of a concern honestly, better to worry about all the evil teams people will get. strength 6 tentacles chaos warriors are much scarier, and we know someone will roll it.

The point is, this league does not use Team Value, does it? Everyone gets the same inducements at all times. Presumably you will block or blitz every turn, almost certainly with Mighty Blow if not full kill stack, so if you don't need a reroll for anything else you can always reroll a push.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Okay. Would it be alright to retire all my current players after another click-through and hire a completely new bunch? I know I would run out of money way faster, but I'd be able to keep the team (name). Smile
go for it if that's how you want to do it
 Jump to: