60 coaches online • Server time: 23:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bates

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2016 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

Many thanks for the great tips and expertises.
I took a wild shoot and ordered my Slann Thrower. Just as a first painting job since the mid 90's. I hope to get my hands on it really soon and to post some pictures here to share the love Smile

Regarding my first team. As it is a fantasy game I'm keen on pushing myself to new limits. So far the undead, Skaven and Dwarfs are still high on my list and the last two will come with the release of new teams (any news on that?).

What I noticed from my board game demo's was that I tend to play ( or try at least) a fast moving offensive game ( both Humans and Orcs) and in the meanwhile cause some damage to my opponent. It's the kind of play I like to do during my other sports.
So Skaven ... ? Will go thru the reading this week and then give it a go online.

Cheers guys
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2016 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

luckiest wins, end of the line. av9 can't protect you from a lucky combination of av roll, inj roll and happens very often, so play flings.

if you can't pickup the ball you lose
if you can't dodge away you lose
if you kick you get mauled and you lose
if you can begin there's a slight chance you can win but again, nothing can save you from snakes or double skulls, and you lose.

is a dice game, be thankful to be on the right side.

Throweck

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2016 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Jip wrote:
Harad wrote:

May I also suggest the excellent 145 club designed to help newer players:

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=2922&op=view

Second, third and fourth this! The 145 League is a brilliant start to FUMBBL and Blood Bowl.

It can be a bit demoralising getting smashed in Ranked whilst you find your way, the 145 League helps you avoid that.

As commish of the 145 club...come join us for a bit to get the feel of teams. We offer all sorts of tournies and an open league to play when you like.

In addition to this we have exhibition games by experienced coaches and even a 145 discussion page!

If you want to message me about anything, feel free!

T

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

There's nothing wrong with frogs;)

Undead FTW!

Foul Bowl - Table Top Tournament in South Wales
bates

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Frogboy, throweck, will contact you later.
In the meantime I finally found my team. I created a High Elf team as I found some ad for a Sea Elf team.
http://tablerosparajuegos.blogspot.be/2016/11/the-deep-warriors.html?spref=tw
Unfortunately their stats aren't that good. But I will see with my fellow players if I could use other Elf stats (not sure if Sea Elves are in the official BB codex version 6)
https://fumbbl.com/help:IthilmarE

But that team looks amazing, I'm already getting hyped for the pain job Smile
Uedder

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

For the run and bash style you like i think the best teams are:
Necromantic: great team with lot of potential for development, they aren't the strongest expecially early on, but always competitive. Their wolves are the run and bash incarnation.

Humans: the masters of none can deliver a punch and are by far the fastest ag3 team. They struggle a lot against av9 teams tho.

Skaven: up to 4 ma9 ag4 plus 2 potential clawpomb blitzers AND a rat ogre? Yes please! Despite their useless linemen skaven will always be a tough nut to crack as long as you keep your gutters on the pitch. With developed blitzers, a bench and some dirty players you'll find yourself winning the bash war against many opponents while running circles around them.

Dark elves: darkies are basically humans with ag4 and agility skills over strenght. With some doubles and frenzy witches they can bash pretty well, while their good movement + agility + easy blodgespam (and sidestep later on) makes them arguably the best running team in the game. No real weak points but also no cheesy oneturn or clawpomb. Dark elves dominate the game by dominating space and position on the pitch, and if all goes wrong, they're still ag4 to pull off some elf bs.

Undead: while they're most famous for their bash and grind style (their game gravitates around slow mummies expecially early on) undead can still pull a decent running game. With up to 4 cheap ma7 ag3 dodge ghouls (although i think 3 is best for them) and 2 wights for support, the undead can easily outrun slow opposition while still dominating the bash side of the game in the early phase. Poor skill selection on mummies, no regen on their key players (ghouls) and overall mediocre statlines even on their best players means they will lose effectiveness as their tv goes up. They start as the best bash team and end up being a mediocre race.

Norse: the glassjaw cannons! Norsemen usually have no middle ground: they either chew their opponents or get chewed. Fairly fast with ma7 runners and ma6 all around, their whole concept is bash and run. Mind the frenzy spam, it can be lovely but might also get you in troubles.

Lizardmen: fast, strong and tough. But also agile, stunty and squishy. The lizardmen take of bash and run is quite unique: saurus bash and skinks run. Hard to stop them and hard to pierce their defence, lizardmen deploy some unique tactics. One of the best races all around, can be hard to really master, but will also be forgiving to new players.
luxyluxo

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

145 club all the way !
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

bates wrote:
So far the undead, Skaven and Dwarfs are still high on my list and the last two will come with the release of new teams (any news on that?).

Remember there are already models for all the teams. Ok not new GW ones, but still old GW ones and plenty of other companies with good models. As for news I guess we still have to wait for the first boxset before hearing about extras.

Skaven are a great team for getting some high score wins. Not a bash team and before you have good blitzers developed you can get really mauled. And possibly still after.