25 coaches online • Server time: 01:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
5+5 skill choice
+MA
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
Mighty Blow
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Guard
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Pro pie
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

What would you take?

Player: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11590762

Pro elf blitzer with dodge and +AG.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard. Then Leap if he lives.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Double 5's on a Pelf Blitzer?

Kick, naturally.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut.

I mean, guard or mb is probably the best pick (and an ag5 potentially-leap guard goes well with the sacker you're developing). But the potential fun to be had from juggernaut is open to the imagination - I can think of lots of ways to have fun with that.

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment on %b %25, %2017 - %01:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably MB then Tackle. Hard to ignore the double ..

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

My original thoughts prior to this were: sure hands + leap

Taking +MA would continue down that path.

Taking MB would make him a hitter, so tackle + leap would become the plan.

Guard... guard is great and useful but my experience with pro elves makes me believe avoiding contact is the best way to play them. As the only +AG player on my team, I'd not be keen on throwing him into the fray on a regular basis as an assister.

@ArrestedDevelopment: Juggernaut plus strip ball / leap could be a good combination. Hadn't thought of that initially.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have MB, so you take MB.

If you had MB somewhere else you would probably be best served skipping it to finish out building a sacker since the more skills you waste with non-sacking skills the longer it takes to actually build one.

I wouldn't take guard ever on a guy like that. I wouldn't take Juggernaut either, but that's just because it completely delays the rest of the sacker build, and doesn't do crap by itself. Now if you already had leap and strip juggernaut would be an interesting choice.

Just taking MA isn't terrible, but you already have MA8 and 9 on this team, so it's just 30k more for a guy who still isn't the fastest player on the team, and who is now another skill behind where he wants to be for his real build.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Part of the Juggernaut pick is that sb/leap combo, part of it is that a pro elf blitzer already comes with 2 of the skills you'd want on a surfer and could also take frenzy easily enough. Add in that he's ag5 (and could still take leap later) and you've got a player who is a serious issue for anyone going near sidelines.

It's also quite nice to have juggernaut on one turn attempts from time to time too.

Ball carrier is a solid choice though. And obviously, I'm not even pretending juggernaut is optimal. It's not.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

MA, Mb and Guard are all very good options.

Mb has the least sinergy with ag5 imo, but is just too good.

A 2+ leaping guard is always a great thing to have.

And speed kills.

Hard call, but the kind where you can't really go wrong.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really get the idea of taking sb+juggernaut for sacking. Why not turn one of the catchers into the sacker and give him wrestle+sb? Doesn't that save a skill and give the same chance of spilling the ball? -->

Wrestle/SB versus Block/SB/Juggs?

Frenzy+Juggs is great, although again I'd probably rather have it on a catcher with MA8

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

doesn't juggs cancel wrestle so if you then choose the both down they go down (you have block), pretty sure I watched a rat ogre using it to great effect in the skaven xfl vs. wrestle gutters
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it does, so there is that advantage to it but I somewhat agree with others.

I went with +MA in the end.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay for stat upgrades! Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

My log is that, as a ball retreiver, the extra MA gives me extra range for picking the right dodge/leap as well as extra mobility afterwards.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

There's nothing wrong with more speed, but once you have a certain amount adding more to slower guys doesn't pay off the same.

Leap is probably better than extra MA in my opinion. Of course you can take leap next skill if you want, it's sometimes hard to turn down a double/stat. I assume that if you had rolled a normal he would have taken leap (or sure hands as you mentioned), so the real question is if the double/stat had come on the next skill would you have used it?

I'm still convinced MB is the correct skill in all cases for elfs when you don't have any yet, but that just fits my play style better.
 Jump to: