21 coaches online • Server time: 01:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Banjoclan

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

HI,

I understand that you don't want to be skilling up your dirty players on purpose, but what happens when you do end up getting a second skill on one? Do you take anything or just fire him? I'm thinking if your fortunate enough to get sneaky git take that but should I really be fouling with a medium value player?

Thanks
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle?

Team link, please. It kinda varies by team. When Ranked Amateurs runs across this dilemma, we give our DP Wrestle. If he makes a third skill, he becomes our Wrackler and we build a new DP. Then he only fouls late in games, like if I think I can clear the pitch or something. (That guy's retired, mind you, but that's what I did with him and it worked well.)

By contrast, my Denvork Bronkorks give their DPs Block and Fend, 'cuz we want our enemies on their feet so we can knock 'em down. And our DPs man the LOS, so we give 'em Fend so they don't get ClawPOMBed.

But with, say, Undead, I cycle all but one DP after one skill. I keep one two-skill DP Skeleton, mind, but he's only my primary fouler if I don't have any DP Zombies at the moment (like now).

Don't take Sneaky Git except on Stunties. It's not very good.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick is good for fluff an can be useful; just don't get him sent off before you have to use it!
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle or kick.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap baby, leap. nothing beats a leaping foul.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people would fire but for me I think Wrestle, kick or block are all fine. Kick goes well in a fluff way and also you may keep him back off the LOS at kick off. Though on the other hand you may not want to foul with your kicker in the first half if you are kicking 2nd half.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle has synergy with dirty player. Wrestle anyone who tries to take him out,then get up and foul them back in your turn!

Oscar Wilde
Banjoclan

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys. To be clear, I don't have a 2nd skill yet on one but I'm getting close and I thought I had one after a recent game so I posted asking. Anyway. Thanks for the responses.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually go with Wrestle, Fend, or Kick on my DPs
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yer first DP needs dodge so he can more reliable dodge to make fouls. Your second DP needs Diving tackle. So he can move adjacent next to 2 downed players, foul one, and be a DT on the next one. And your 3rd DP needs Dauntless, so he can stand up to the mino, knock him down, (stun him, or let him WA) and then follow up and foul.

Now I know what yer thinking, 3 dps, Dodge/DT/Dauntless? What does this guy know about fouling?

oh, did I say fouling? I meant being a filthy lucker, and exploiting it in the most brutal and violent way possible.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sneaky git really isnt worth it unless you play with the SG only gets sent to KO box optional rule. In which case it should be your first choice. Otherwise, I agree wrestle or kick.
 Jump to: