45 coaches online • Server time: 18:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Although this may not be a 'bug' so much as some advice, I ran into a bad sitation in a game yesterday.

3/4 way through my turn 1 of second half the game locked up, and we were forced to reload. My opponent tried the DAT file first, but since that put us at the start of the turn, and several players had been blocked and knocked prone, it was decided to use the INC file instead to avoid possible failure of the blocks/worse results on prone players.

The INC file reloaded, and everything looked right to both of us, players had been blocked, but a few of mine hadn't been moved yet. What we didn't realize was that it looked a bit different to each of us - to me it looked like 3 players still needed to be moved, but to my opponent 5 players were still in their original positions. Naturally enough, I only moved the 3, since the other 2 looked to be in their final positions to me.

This left me in a horrible position that resulted in, over the next two turns, two casualties against and an easy TD being turned into an opposing TD due to the two unmoved players being critical ball carrier cage corners. I realized something was wrong right away when his treeman blocked a player that I showed being 2 spaces away, but by then the save files were saved over already with his turn info.

To (finally! Wink ) get to the point, I would strongly remind players to sync to opponent if it is their turn after a reload, or have their opponent sync if it is their turn. Sadly (well, for me, quite blisteringly happily for my opponent) , this simply did not occurr to me at the time, as it was not in the ReadMe file and in all the dozens of reloads I have taken part in, it is the first time this sort of thing has ever happened.

So don't forget, Sync after your reloads! Don't let Reload Screw happen to you!
 Jump to: