19 coaches online • Server time: 07:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
You think that it would be good for the Box?

I suspect that the admins already have the tools that they need to punish no-showers.

Personally, I admit that I have twice completely forgotten that I had activated for the Box.
I have certainly taken more than 10 minutes to join a match more than twice.

But don't worry, I won't be bothering you "committed" coaches any longer.

Well, considering I still find no-showers and leavers, yes I think it would be good for the Box.
You forgot to join the games because you were not punished, punishment is a great reminder in my experience.
And no, admins have no tools, because they can't force concessions at the moment.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Reading the administration comments the best solution would be perhaps for the administration to distance itself from the rearrangment procedure where you play the game another day and to simply grant the concession within a time frame of 3 hours.

This seems to be a better compromise in gaming habits.

And the coaches can still choose to rearrange the game, they don't need the admins for it.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Well, last time I wrote a ticket to report my opponent's leave, after 13 days the game got cancelled against my will by admin to free "ticket space" up, so this time I didn't send any ticket, I just invited an admin to the PM I sent to the no-shower (I had to contact him first, even if he should have contacted me first).

This again? I'm surprised you don't play Dwarves exclusively as you clearly keep a Book of Grudges Very Happy

Sounds like it's being handled.
Rags

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Great punishment idea! Cos that's what here to do, punish one another.

Here's another cool punishment idea - how about punishing every coach that wins or even draws by thrashing them and ranting about dice in the match reports? We need action against these relaxed coachs that think they can just turn up on FUMBBL, play a good game in good faith, and enjoy themselves
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:

This again? I'm surprised you don't play Dwarves exclusively as you clearly keep a Book of Grudges Very Happy

It's no coincidence that I have a 4th edition WHFB Dwarf army, they are my favourite fantasy race Very Happy .
neilwat

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 21:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I just don't really find this an issue, not sure if I have once had a no show. If a team gets locked for a while as well then I have other teams to use.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Site rules are not an opinion, read them:

https://fumbbl.com/p/help?op=rules

"Once a game is started or scheduled, you are committed to it and you are expected to play it through."

The fact I can play with other teams doesn't mean that trying to find the opponent online is not an issue for me, today I didn't activate so I could play with him as soon as he returned online (he didn't), moreover, I could have 99 teams to play, but if I want to play with that stuck team I can't do it.

You could even stop playing BB at all, if you wanted to extend your logic of "not seeing an issue where there is an issue", but that's your attitude, not mine.
Opinions are opinions, site rules are not opinions or personal attitudes.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %06, %2019 - %23:%May; edited 1 time in total
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be a possibility to be implented into the box, as when you hit that button to enter the draw your saying that you can play a full match of Blood Bowl and if you can't that is a reasonable place of a concession.

However, this doesn’t change like day to day things coming up or connection issues, like if your opponent has started the match this is not a option only for a admin to call it off

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Well, last time I wrote a ticket to report my opponent's leave, after 13 days the game got cancelled against my will by admin

Really? Maybe you should tell us about it.

There are big differences between leavers and no shows (or at least my ancient understanding of it).

A no show in ranked means something has gone wrong somewhere. Be that a computer error or for a person. You don't agree a game and then deliberately no show...right?

So these should be cancelled.

A no show in box is a bit different. If you activate in box. That take precedence over everything. Your league mate turns up for a game........tough, you activated in box. So no showing in box isn't the same as ranked. Box is all about instant gaming now. You get scheduled, you play now, not later. So no shows here are monitored and could be punished.

Dropping games is different again. Here it is the same rule per division. If you drop, sort it out and as quickly as possible. If you can't sort it, you need to liaise with the person and the admin which has probably got involved.

In all cases one thing is the same. Communication is needed. As for the OPs idea. I have never conceded a game nor had a game conceded against me. This would massively turn me off of a division for a no show.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Really? Maybe you should tell us about it.

Already did, to no avail cause concessions can't be awarded by admins. Just to avoid misunderstandings, the leave happened the last 25 December, while the no-show happened yesterday (2 different coaches).

harvestmouse wrote:
A no show in box is a bit different. If you activate in box. That take precedence over everything. Your league mate turns up for a game........tough, you activated in box. So no showing in box isn't the same as ranked. Box is all about instant gaming now. You get scheduled, you play now, not later. So no shows here are monitored and could be punished.

The no show happened in Box, as you probably know I play only in the Box for purpose of CR earning.

harvestmouse wrote:
If you can't sort it, you need to liaise with the person and the admin which has probably got involved.

I did everything I could following site rules, but since the admin lacked the concession tool he decided to cancel the game against my will, saying there were too many tickets to sort out. By the way, it was almost the end of half 1 and I was in good position to score.

harvestmouse wrote:
Communication is needed. As for the OPs idea. I have never conceded a game nor had a game conceded against me.

Communication is the key and should be the favoured path, but when friendly communication fails, punishment should be delivered.
This is how communities act if members can't understand on their own they did something wrong.
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Every time Mattdakka makes a forum post an angel gets its wings.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I am all for this as long as it doesn't count towards CR. Wink
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 02:42
FUMBBL Staff

MattDakka wrote:
Communication is the key and should be the favoured path, but when friendly communication fails, punishment should be delivered.
This is how communities act if members can't understand on their own they did something wrong.

And in the case that prompted you to start this thread communication was the solution, and the game got played, without any admin action required. It took longer than 10 minutes.

At what point should it be judged that communication has failed? And you are suggesting a bot be this judge?

Communication and sometimes a little patience is key.
smallman

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea Matt, Rule breaking is out of control. Had another guy concede after 1 BH today.
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 03:56
FUMBBL Staff

smallman wrote:
Great idea Matt, Rule breaking is out of control. Had another guy concede after 1 BH today.

Report him
 Jump to: