40 coaches online • Server time: 13:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is sprinting and injuries ok as they are now?
Yes, keep it like it is.
75%
 75%  [ 73 ]
No, treat injuries as stunned.
18%
 18%  [ 18 ]
No, players should only be knocked over.
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 97

Cicero

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Am i the only one that think injury rolls should be removed from gfi?
I understand that people should fall over when they try to sprint, but would it be totally out of line to treat all BH, SI and D as stunned?

I dont think ive ever heard of someone dying from running a bit faster in a regular football match. Nonetheless it happened to me a coupple of times. Often with the player having half the field by himself. No opposing players in sight and yet he trips and dies.

I dont mind players dying in the game. Thats all fine and nice. But it should be from the beating they take. Not the fall they do...

Am i totally wrong?
Tymless

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, but has someone in football running as fast as they can ever tripped and broken a bone. Now picture that being chased by a fifteen hundred pound mino. How fast would u run and how hard do u fall on your face.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

And as an addendum. I do know how annoying it is to die making a GFI. I have actually had two RIPS in the same game cause of it.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Plus you're in all that spiky armor...maybe the helmet comes off and stabs you in the eye...

But maybe you're right, "that's not what a REAL minotaur would do!" Rolling Eyes

It's a game mechanic to make sure there is real risk in doing moves. Seems fine as it is, after all it sucks when it happens to you, it rules when it happens to that bloody 1 turning Gutter Runner on the opposing team...
Apathy

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

G_u_s

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

i don't think i've ever heard about orcs existing either, shouldn't they be removed to keep the game realistic ? ^^

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

He has a point. But I wouldnt change it. I quite enjoy watching lightly armoured elves fall over and die.
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Death on a GFI is really annoying, that's sure and quite stupid...
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Apathy wrote:

Possibly the funniest thing anyone has writter on the forums....ever! Laughing
MixX

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

but everything about BB (or in general, for that matter) is stupid from a certain point of view... don't want it to happen in your games? Don't GFI!
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

don't want to get injuries to your players, don't play at all!

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
Apathy wrote:

Possibly the funniest thing anyone has writter on the forums....ever! Laughing

He's nothing if not true to his name!! Laughing

I like the thread idea as I too have suffered at the hands of a failed GFI. I've also gone some way to explain my own theory as to why it's more likely to result in a nasty injury.
But I don't really care if it changes or not. It makes it a risky move, and as always, you should try and play your game avoiding as many risky moves as possible. (just MHO) Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

should i make another topic about how death should be removed frmo this game ? i mean, i've suffered from it quite a number of times already, don't you think it's unfair elves die ? they're immortal !!!

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 21:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Cicero wrote:
Often with the player having half the field by himself. No opposing players in sight and yet he trips and dies.

I love it when people answer their own questions.

If there is no one near, why GFI? if its to scroe that frantic, every step needed last turn td then yes, they could get very badly hurt exerting every once of muscle they have.

But really, this sounds a little like having to have 'caution contents hot' on freshly bought coffee.

Also, I rarely run anywhere if i can avoid it any way. But if i have to i will, and i choose a pace i can manage. I could go faster but being a bit of a lardarse I would probably have a heart attack and die. So maybe thats what happens?
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

Also, I rarely run anywhere if i can avoid it any way. But if i have to i will, and i choose a pace i can manage. I could go faster but being a bit of a lardarse I would probably have a heart attack and die. So maybe thats what happens?

Very Happy Atleast somebody is honest and true to himself.
 Jump to: