34 coaches online • Server time: 10:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mother_Sparrow

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes >8) thank you people >8) I'll have to presume these replies are well thought through >8) But just for the record.... again.... the point is not that he didnt want to play against my skaven with claws. I'm used to it, and though it is always annoying, I don't become angry and abusive. Point is that he turned down a fair-for-all-eyes game, and THEN asked me if I would like to just lose to his 40+ team strength amazon. That pisses me off.

I know I shouldn't have used those foul words against him, and I apologize once again. Sorry to see so little sympathy just cause one makes the mistake of swearing. This wouldn't have been an issue if I hadn't gone mad. But I really think this is a problem. It makes me sad to see people being so selfish. I just thought that if I yelled loud enough he's apologize for even thinking about challenging a team of that low strength and not doing it again.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Just say no?

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

What Mother_Sparrow said to sickano was completely uncalled for. This behaviour is against the rules of the site, and if anyone says stuff like that to you, then you should follow the instructions in the Abuse Problems page of the Help files and report the violation. We don't need people on this site who spew abuse for no good reason.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mother_Sparrow wrote:
And I find it hard to believe that you seriously think that I'm cherrypicking when I don't want to play a team that has 40+ more team strength? It's not like all my players would die or anything. But I wouldn't stand a chance. And it doesnt matter cause I wouldnt have been able to play him due to the 40-team-strength rule... or what?

Well, it sounds like what you really wanted with this post was for people to take your side. The thing is, when you go berzerk and start demonstrating that you use such foul language not too many people are going to say "yes, the other guy is the jerk here!" Fouling is part of the game - Foul language should not be.

By the way, your 'wouldn't stand a chance' demonstrates quite clearly your cherrypicking tendencies - check most experienced coaches' game records, you will find they often win at great TS deficiencies, and can also lose against much weaker teams. You think that -40 TS is insurmountable, he thinks that 3 claws is insurmountable. Or at least that while it might be an easy win, he would have too many players injured. To say that claw against AV7 will only cause stuns is a bit naive don't you think? A little bad luck can turn that into 3 RIP pretty easy, even with blodge. I mean, your team's only bio is their 'kill count'...why shouldn't an opponent be a bit paranoid about your tactics?

Finally: mostly you need to chill out a bit. I get turned down for perfectly reasonable matches with my dark elves becuase of their stat increases, which apparently make it 'impossible' to beat them. Despite their 50% win record. If someone doesn't want to play and I choose to try and talk them into it, I try to steer clear of the swears. What's the point of abusive language? Do you seriously think he'll be made angry or ashamed enough to consent to the game after all? Confused
Eddy

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

count me thinking as the above Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah - pretty funny that you open yourself up to such abusive by actually posting this thread. A skaven team with 3 claws that looks for AV7 to play. Many people find that pathetic as well. You have some growing up to do. And for once, most people here agree.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to have stepped on your toes again m0nty >8(

CorporateSlave3, you're talking about the "most experienced coaches". I'm not a very skilled player, but I do win a few games if I challenge teams with equal strength. Of course they would stand some kind of chance, especially if coached by a real good coach. But please don't compare me to the better coaches. And for the 17th time, the point isn't that he didn't want to play against my claws. But NO! I do NOT think that saying that claw against AV7 will only cause stuns is a bit naive. I've played with and against claws several times before and not ONCE seen conciderable extra amounts of casualties. Lots of stuns, a few extra knockouts and perhaps 1 extra cas per 5 games in average.
As for the killcount >8) It's just a joke, darn it. It's supposed to be "cool" and "scary" >8). It's just a teenage concept. I hardly ever foul, and ALWAYS go for the ball.
"Finally:" I am most certainly asways "chilled out a bit". This just go to me, god-knows-why, and I see that I can't apologize enough. And you're right... there's no point of abusive language. And again... the point wasn't to make him play. It had nothing to do with the skaven vs amazon- thing.
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

OK - if you wipe out everything else and only take into account his challenge to your team at 40 STR down then yes that's pretty lame.

Ok that covers it then hehe

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Mother_Sparrow: man, you're so out of line here, it's not funny. You want us to sympathise with you and call this guy a retard because he challenged you with a team 40 points higher? Why should we? You challenged him with a team that is designed to put elves in the bin. At lest his way you would have got some handicaps. What's the difference? And, yes you do get all this grief "just for swearing a bit" because that's how the sire works. If you call your thread "Please Comment" then what do you expect? The only arse in that conversation is you, Sickano comes out quite well I would think. He turned you down by saying "sorry, no, you got 3 claws". Where's the problem? But no, that's not good enough for you, you have to lay on the abuse, like this guy ran over your kids or something. I mean, "you sicken me, you disgustiung pig", what the hell is that about? Plus, you have the nerve to correct Sickano's spelling when you yourself can't spell disgusting properly. You seriously need to grow up or go start your own javabowl site where swearing is ok. Good luck with that one...
Glomp

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Shocked Shocked Dear god, someone needs to start a bbowl counceling service quick! Far too much pent up rage associated with this happy family game. Shocked Shocked Shocked

What did you expect? In ranked 3 claws is kind of excessive and going to be a major contributing factor in you being turned down anyway. There are other mutations you know, and far better ones for a skaven team to take. Try foul apperance some time you might like it.

Some coaches dont have very long to play this game and the damage caused by those claws in one game can take weeks to repair for some people.

As far as his challenge went a simple 'no' would have done and spouting torrents of abuse at someone for suggesting a matchup you disliked it competely unreasonable and totally shamefull.

I'm really sick of hearing people complain about their luck/cherrypicking/freebooters/hosting games/fouling/silly forum posts

This site is meant to be a place to have fun, an entertaining destraction to soak up a few hours of our pointless lives. Relax you might live longer Wink

Chill
Relax
Calm down
Get a massage from your girlfriend/boyfriend
Take a bath
Get laid
Smoke a doobie

Then come back and play, we'll all be better for it.

Last edited by Glomp on %b %16, %2004 - %18:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Mother_Sparrow

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

>8) Sickano, if you're watching, I'd just like to apologize to you if front of all these people. My language was out of line, and yes... I should have just said no thanks. But I suppose it doesnt matter, for as you see, you were the good guy. >8). I'll go make some other team to play your amazon, and then maybe one day we can have a friendly match. Have fun and all.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Mother_Sparrow, well said.

As for the rest of you, consider this discussion closed.
Mother_Sparrow

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

cthol: No, mate, the point was NOT to make you call him retard or pick on him or anything! I'm not a bad guy. I just got frustrated. I just wanted to figure out whether I was wrong or not and how much tolerance people had towards what I think he did wrong. And again again again, I apologize for swearing.
hugoeng

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

(14:37:02) (Sickano) how about my amazones vs your WE?
(14:37:0 (Mother_Sparrow_) you discusting pig
(14:37:12) (Mother_Sparrow_) you sicken me

End of discussion
 Jump to: