38 coaches online • Server time: 13:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

badger89 wrote:
Gridironman wrote:
if I am turn 16 fouled I will voice my displeasure if it is not in a league (turn 16 fouls within a league are normal and not fully malicious).

wonder when the turn 16 foul crop up again lol. Is a Turn 8 foul the same as a turn 16 foul?

Turn 8 foul makes sense because there is more game to be played. Turn 16 foul has no bearing on the game, harms your opponents team and is fundamentally malicious unless its in a league. Because if you are trying to make the playoffs and they share your division you need to have them lose matches. If you do not share a division--you need them to beat your division mates so a turn 16 foul goes against you but hey its okay because you may meet them in the playoffs. See what I mean

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

No.

You may meet a C team again, so t16 foul makes perfect sense. It happens regularly.

If your opponent expects you to not t16 foul, they may put expensive sidesteppers and stand firm on the line to reduce your ability to one turn, so t16 foul makes perfect sense to discourage them from doing that.

If your opponent expects you to not t16 foul, they may score on their t16, so t16 foul makes perfect sense to discourage that.

If your opponent expects you to not t16 foul, they may risk a highly developed player like a legend war dancer, to try to prevent you from scoring on t16. So t16 foul makes perfect sense to discourage them from doing that.

If the game is already over, a t16 foul tells your NEXT opponent that you will do a t16 foul, and therefore discourage them from doing any of the actions indicated above.

A t16 foul is always, always, about winning games - not just the one you are playing, but also future games.

The only time you dont t16 foul is if you are already sure of both winning the current game AND winning all future games against that team AND you need that team to be as strong as possible to hurt your future opponents to help you win playoffs. That only comes up in very specific league situations. In C or other similar perpetual environments, those 3 criteria will never come up, so it always helps your chance of winning to t16 foul.

Last edited by Nelphine on %b %01, %2023 - %21:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
If the game is already over, a t16 foul tells your NEXT opponent that you will do a t16 foul, and therefore discourage them from doing any of the actions indicated above.

This is so over the top theoretical that I rate it as an invalid point. The rest is fine Smile

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %01, %2023 - %21:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, look at how many people dodged angry newscasters. It absolutely holds.

And in many many leagues, that type of reputation is both easy to create, and easy to have impacts on games. I've had lots of coaches grumble and say (im paraphrasing) 'you're going to foul me if I do this low chance attempt to stop you. Given it probably wont work, and I might lose my best player, I wont even try' which lets me walk in the game winning touchdown

Last edited by Nelphine on %b %01, %2023 - %21:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh in a closed league I agree.
Sorry, when we debate t16 fouling I always assume the boring and emotionless [C] environment.
Of course in a league your points stands.

Even though there's something to be said about "real" leagues: they never have enough players.
On fumbbl you can recruit quite fine, but in a real life league not pissing off a member who might take a grudge against you is important because people tend to quit when they are not having fun. Smile
And finding replacements is much harder Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes that is true. It's not worth stopping the league to t16 foul. So accounting for that is absolutely important.

But I still point to angry newscasters as a very successful reputation that helped them win games (by making coaches with extremely farmed teams with powerful legends which could singlehandedly win games.. refuse to play them) in C.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Are the Angry Newscasters in C? I never met them in the Box.
I remember they were a Ranked team, right?
Unless they have been re-created in C.
Bloodfeast

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, people are insecure and needs something/someone to blame. I think Fumbbl has a slightly higher standard regarding abuse vs bb2/3 but that may be because u see the nick in the forum and feel less eager to be an idiot cause it may come back and haunt u someday. tehre will always be soem people that dont say hi or anything and their first chat will be 15 minutes into the match and say "lucker" or "can you even play" or being ironic and stuff, but u read between the lines they are frustraded. cant really take these people serious at all, and u just have to laugh it of.

remember, it is just a game and it is ment to make you feel good. if the game make u be an idiot more than it makes u relax or whatever, u do it wrong and better focus on something else.

If it was a pokergame and u lost 1 million on a hand on a fluke, I can understand if u rage but if u win in blood bowl u get nothing. And it u get mad about nothing, the game is not the problem. U are.....

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Not as bad as someone who recently left the site.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Was there a big blow up when this person left--I am not aware of someone storming off site. Well people that rage will eventually hate blood bowl, it does take an equilibrium for people to enjoy it. Resurrection leagues kind of water down the game but are a great place for people that may not be able to compartmentalize their anger well. Turn 16 fouls can drive people off regardless of the rightness or wrongness of it as well.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2023 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm terribly salty
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2023 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread could become an instant classic, if the OP adds a poll of some sort!

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2023 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it help if we re-introduced this to the latest version of the client?

https://fumbbl.com/help:Luck

That way we could unambiguously boil down whether someone had been diced or not to one number?

Oscar Wilde
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2023 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Good players must be helped on their journey to go see Nuffle. It's perfectly acceptable that many of them will escape your grasp (dice games being what they are), and the dictates of competition may indicate that you should preserve your own players, but if you don't do your damnedest to kill everything lined up against you, or at least to uproot the flower of the opposing team, you are a blasphemer. Who cares what turn it is?

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2023 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Yes that is true. It's not worth stopping the league to t16 foul. So accounting for that is absolutely important.

But I still point to angry newscasters as a very successful reputation that helped them win games (by making coaches with extremely farmed teams with powerful legends which could singlehandedly win games.. refuse to play them) in C.

They murdered several of my ogres in multiple games
 Jump to: