50 coaches online • Server time: 16:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RDaneel

Post 6 Posted: Dec 02, 2023 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I always thanks Candlejack for the great implementation of the dice statistics page.

I was wondering if it was possible (and not much complicated) to add in the statistics page the D16 rolls and D8 rolls.

Thanks in advance!

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2023 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure you gain a lot from that D8 rolls. It'll largely just be what direction the ball scattered. Hardly useful info.

And the D16 will just be Dead or type of injury, right? You already get that info
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2023 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if we had d8 and average dice for all rolls, we wouldnt need any stats on luck.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2023 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Not sure you gain a lot from that D8 rolls. It'll largely just be what direction the ball scattered. Hardly useful info.

And the D16 will just be Dead or type of injury, right? You already get that info

Yes the D16 is for CAS table only , i am more interest in this one Wink
thx!

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2023 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
C0ddlefish wrote:

thx!

And the Prayer to Nuffle table...
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2023 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
C0ddlefish wrote:

thx!

Right, but you get the CAS details anyway because the match report tells you who picked up any injuries, what injuries they were, and if anyone died. Plus you already can see how many times you rolled on it.

I'd rather Candlejack was able to focus on useful stuff like bug squashing, or taking a holiday
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2023 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
This would be awesome. Knowing how many times the ball scattered in each direction would be at least as informative as knowing how many skulls you didn't take on 2d blocks, right?

Quote:
It would be cool to know how often niggles were the difference-maker, but just raw d16 numbers wouldn't tell you this.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2023 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

In addition: both dice are thrown in more limited numbers than the D6s during a game. You won't get a ideal normal distribution.
The main reason for the dice statistic page is to check for normal distribution.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2023 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Carabor wrote:
In addition: both dice are thrown in more limited numbers than the D6s during a game. You won't get a ideal normal distribution.
The main reason for the dice statistic page is to check for normal distribution.

Yes you are right. A statistical distribution of D8 and D16 dice can be calculated only on several games.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2023 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but d8s can be really swingy if they consistently move the ball east or west, so it might be informative even if you can't infer a normal distribution.