33 coaches online • Server time: 12:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spleggy

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2024 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't be bothered to read all this but I'd like to pretend I have so that I can soapbox my own agenda to help the teams and playstyles that I like and nerf those that I struggle against under the thin pretence of balance.

please take this post as my input to that effect Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2024 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You can still play 2016! Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2024 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

spleggy wrote:
I can't be bothered to read all this but I'd like to pretend I have so that I can soapbox my own agenda to help the teams and playstyles that I like and nerf those that I struggle against under the thin pretence of balance.

I couldn't be bothered to read all this, but I'd like to pretend I have so that I can soapbox my own opinion to rally against nerfing all the OP teams I enjoy playing in this unbalanced environment & keep all the teams I can bash on easily under the thin pretenSe of sarcasm.

Please take this post as my input to that effect Wink

There, fixed it for you! Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2024 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
spleggy wrote:

I couldn't be bothered to read all this, but I'd like to pretend I have so that I can soapbox my own opinion to rally against nerfing all the OP teams I enjoy playing in this unbalanced environment & keep all the teams I can bash on easily under the thin pretenSe of sarcasm.

Please take this post as my input to that effect Wink

There, fixed it for you! Laughing

Spleggy has a point, you dont

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2024 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Spleggy has a point, you dont

Edit No. I think Nightbird has the point. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2024 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It's pretence because it's spelt that way in British English. As an aside whilst visiting Minnesota I was once asked "so what's your native language?". However I don't want to turn this into a conversation about whose version of the language is "better".

Nevertheless, your "correction" is misguided.

I was trying to use humour to remind us to guard against the dangers of making sweeping changes based on what vocal groups want without a thorough and non-biased evaluation of the meta, win rates and so forth.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2024 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

spleggy wrote:

I was trying to use humour to remind us to guard against the dangers of making sweeping changes based on what vocal groups want without a thorough and non-biased evaluation of the meta, win rates and so forth.

Humour works better when it's funny. Wink

How thorough was the evaluation before releasing the current rules?

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2024 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I find that humour is funniest when I agree with it, and of much lower quality when I disagree with it.