94 coaches online • Server time: 22:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fork

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2004 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

That rocks! Twisted Evil awesome play, I have always been a fan of push-plays.
Colin

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2004 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well played, you deserved to win that game.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2004 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

After reading about that push scenario with dwarfs I tried it out and it's theoretically possible, with the use of frenzy. So any MA 6 team could do it with one frenzy player. Without frenzy or quick snap, only MA 7 players can reach the finish line. Didnt try out if MA 5 players can reach the finish line with quick snap & frenzy...
Staffan: you have to dig out that undead match before I believe ag 3 team could manage to do that.
riktikticheck

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2004 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

welll didn't actually score.... fumbled the pass... but pushed him so he can reach the goal
´..... How do you find the file of the game...? is it loaded somewhere(i deleted them from my comp some time ago)
Markus

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i recently made a ot-td with de without quick-snap:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=472462

this kind of play is easiest agains 'zones, (!/pow) but it's always nice and lucky to do that.

it's even possible to make a ottd with cd, but i don't think they can do it ig because they need so much more luck involved. But there's a thread on tbb about this:
http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13335

Does anybody know if there is a defesiv setup against push-back-ott's?

M

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

put every sidestep/standfirm players on the LoS, try to avoid putting blodgers (unless they have sidestepof course), to force him to knock you instead of pushing you around, and put a line of players in the backfield, or on the LoS: this way he won't have enough players to push.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I've made a one-turn-TD with my MA 5 Goblin. I guess that's pretty common then you use Throw Team-Mate, but I thought it was kinda cool =)

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=475848
(in turn 4 first half I think)
Ironik

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I have done a TD in one turn with a GOBLIN AT MV 6, with the tachnique called <b>launch of the stinking sausage</b>. Many people have witnessed that and remained shocked and complimented...
Is that a record?
PS the launch of the sausage is with a fling
moussambani

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2005 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Tommi wrote:
After reading about that push scenario with dwarfs I tried it out and it's theoretically possible, with the use of frenzy. So any MA 6 team could do it with one frenzy player. Without frenzy or quick snap, only MA 7 players can reach the finish line. Didnt try out if MA 5 players can reach the finish line with quick snap & frenzy...

What about Sprint?
Jensen

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2005 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw the replay. Nice TD, but 2 comments:

1) Pick up the ball and pass it before doing the push-backs - makes it a shorter pass.

2) A frenzy WE would have made it easier.

Regards
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2005 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Jensen wrote:
I saw the replay. Nice TD, but 2 comments:

1) Pick up the ball and pass it before doing the push-backs - makes it a shorter pass.

2) A frenzy WE would have made it easier.

Regards

1) Would also have meant a -1 on the catch because of the TZ - and at least the thrower had pass.

2) He didn't have a WE Smile
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2005 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I encountered another nice possibility for a one turner. I guess it's only likely to happen in 4vs4-matches. My team had to kick off, while only one turn left. The oppenent had only two players, my team 3. So his player made several dodges to reach the ball and my blitzer shadowed him 5 times. A team mate blitzed him free, so he had no difficulties to score.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
I encountered another nice possibility for a one turner. I guess it's only likely to happen in 4vs4-matches. My team had to kick off, while only one turn left. The oppenent had only two players, my team 3. So his player made several dodges to reach the ball and my blitzer shadowed him 5 times. A team mate blitzed him free, so he had no difficulties to score.

On the other hand, Shadowing requires quite good move to work multiple times in a row...unless the opponent is dodging with a Snotling Veteran, that is. Very Happy
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

there is a defensive setup against a OTS via pushbacks

Code:
____|__XXX__|____
____|_X___X_|____
____|X_____X|____
___X|___X___|X___
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I´ve seen them before. It always amazes me when people pull those ones off. Some of the most beatiful things one can do in BB. Nicely done.

Edit: Thx for sharing the secret brownrob. Could come in handy sometime Wink