35 coaches online • Server time: 18:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Erebos

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

please take a look at the match report i wrote for to the match on this link: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=481218
I would really like to know if someone else has experienced such a match. It didn't even frustrate me because it was like living in Utopia. Shocked i believe in the random thing... but this is to massive...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh.

Now I know how Joan of Arc felt when she was burned at the stake. All that work for nothing...

Tough match. Sorry to hear you got unlucky once. It is, however, an isolated incident of luck. It happens. To everyone, if they play enough games.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

seems like your having a real bad run Erebos, that game vs my helf's then this..

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm those 2-blocks is of course always rotten luck to miss, but other then that it was mostly because you did a lot of risky moves. Did you notice your opponents incredibly bad ball-handling rolls through the entire match? I know that I sometimes have problems myself with staying objective when it comes down to comparing luck. It seems like the opponent always have more of it.

And a tactical advice, don't make that many 3+ dodges you're bound to fail sooner or later. (Except for turn 1 where you made 10 consecutive successful dodges and more then one of those were 3+).

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:

And a tactical advice, don't make that many 3+ dodges you're bound to fail sooner or later. (Except for turn 1 where you made 10 consecutive successful dodges and more then one of those were 3+).

please tell me.. what would you have done... let the ag4 darkelf stand in the middel and either try to block with 2d(opponents choise) or just end there turn and let the chaos dwarfs kick the hell out of them while they where given the chance to pick up the ball without a fight?
Blutflut

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

you only got 1 reroll.
normal stats then, happens to me all the time, 'til my teams get 3+ rerolls.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Once you start pushing a thousand games you'll notice that luck goes up and down and it's all just a part of how random numbers work. Until then just take my word for it, there is nothing wrong with the random number generator. Everybody has shitty matches where nothing works and matches where everything works and the rest of them fall in between. It's just a function of selective memory that we tend to recall the bad ones more and forget about the good ones.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon the odds for this happening is about 99%. Considering the huge number of games played on fumbbl a game like this is bound to happen to someone sooner or later, and luckily enough it happened to you and not me. In saying that i can point to games in which i believe i have had worse luck, but really can't be bothered, because (and sorry if this sounds harsh) i am really fed up of people complaining about their luck.

Blood bowl is not a game based purely on luck, over time a good coach will always win more games than a bad coach. Not blowing my own trumpet, but i know i have played games where my luck has been awful, and yet i have still managed to get a draw or better. How? It is possible to make it hard for your opponent withouteven rolling a dice just by moving players in his way. Expect every move to mess up and cover for them all and you should find that the impact of luck is left to a minimum.

As has been said countless times a good coach probably rolls a lot less dice than a poor coach, and the dice a good coach rolls always have more chance of success than a poor coach, i have been at fumbbl long enough to know these words are true. I am not a great coach, i still spectate games to learn a few tricks, but you will never hear me complaining publically about poor luck.

So please people, i implore you, stop with the nuffle hates me posts, nuffle is a fickle god, and she (yes nuffle is a she) she will help those that help themselves
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

As has been said, everyone has those. As you asked if anyone ever had a match like that ... try this http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=86788 .

-Mnemon
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

don't forget that Chaos Dwarves are also broken.

except Childhood Trauma, it seems, who are treated like Chaos Dwarves should be treated.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Soon (well; that is what I hope anyway) the Chaos Dwarfs will be 'unbroken' with general access removed from bulls.

I am curious to see how much less the team is played by then. Very Happy
Erebos

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
I reckon the odds for this happening is about 99%. Considering the huge number of games played on fumbbl a game like this is bound to happen to someone sooner or later, and luckily enough it happened to you and not me. In saying that i can point to games in which i believe i have had worse luck, but really can't be bothered, because (and sorry if this sounds harsh) i am really fed up of people complaining about their luck.

Blood bowl is not a game based purely on luck, over time a good coach will always win more games than a bad coach. Not blowing my own trumpet, but i know i have played games where my luck has been awful, and yet i have still managed to get a draw or better. How? It is possible to make it hard for your opponent withouteven rolling a dice just by moving players in his way. Expect every move to mess up and cover for them all and you should find that the impact of luck is left to a minimum.

As has been said countless times a good coach probably rolls a lot less dice than a poor coach, and the dice a good coach rolls always have more chance of success than a poor coach, i have been at fumbbl long enough to know these words are true. I am not a great coach, i still spectate games to learn a few tricks, but you will never hear me complaining publically about poor luck.

So please people, i implore you, stop with the nuffle hates me posts, nuffle is a fickle god, and she (yes nuffle is a she) she will help those that help themselves

im sorry if you understood this as a complain about luck... all i wanted to say was, that i had played a really unlucky match and wanted to share it with others... and talking about nuffle god... hehe... well... i dont know... i leave that comment alone...
Glomp

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree. Most of the time my luck or lack of it really dosent bother me but theres always the odd game which is a (1) and skull filled nightmare. Just got to pick up the pieces of your team and carry on...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, yeah. Sorry for nagging you. If you want to see another example of wildly unfortunate (yet random) games, how's this one:
Napoleon Complex vs Stomp BBC

Of particular note, the entire reason I stuck with a dwarf team so long was to try out the Runesmith... finally spent my cash and rolled a 1. He did nothing. Then my opponent managed to get 5 CAS against me... all RIP. 2 of the CAS came from mummies with MB, the rest were just skellies or blitz-ras. No modifier and yet all RIP.

At least the apoth worked and I still managed to win. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently this week, the second half is filled with 1 and skull. One of the weirdest game I have ever played was a recent match with my high elf. Started the second half.
Moved some bit of pieces. block. flaming skull, reroll, flaming skull Embarassed ding
The other turn started. Skull, reroll, Skull ding
try to block. Skull, RR Skull ding
and so on
At the third turn I try to dodge away. 1 RR 1 ding
The game went away in this fashion, effectively stalemating it.
It was a very strange game I'd be embarassed to show...
So i wont
See you
 Jump to: